Writing Is Talking on Paper

Quick Author's Note: Mikey 'speaking' will be in italics, just so you know. So when you see italics, it's mostly gonna be Mikey talking to others.
_______________________________________

"This ain't fair!" Raph punched the wall. "Mikey just got his voice back, he can't lost it again, it's not fair!"

Leo placed his hand on Raph's shoulder. "I know it's not fair, but there's nothing we can do...we just need to be there for Mikey."

Donnie did some more tests on Mikey to ensure that the chemical didn't cause any other damage. So far, only his voice was affected.

His breathing was fine thankfully, and he wasn't in pain anymore but when he was sprayed, it caused those symptoms immediately.

"It doesn't make any sense, I mean... Shredder sprayed Mikey with the chemical which affected his throat, but everything else is fine."

"It's like Shedder wanted Mikey to lose his voice, but why?" Leo murmured. Donnie shrugged and turned his attention to Mikey.

Raph was sitting on the bed with the mute turtle who was silently sobbing, while Raph hugged him and rubbed the back of his shell.

"Oh Mikey, we're going to figure this out, no matter what...everything's going to be ok, you'll talk again... someday." Donnie said.

Mikey sniffled, not feeling better at all. He wanted to communicate with his brothers but wasn't sure how.

Leo seemed to read his little brother's mind because he grabbed a notepad and a pen. "Here Mikey, you can communicate with this."

Mikey took it and  sniffed and wrote on the notepad, tears blotting the ink as he wrote. He then showed it to his brothers who frowned.

It's not fair, why can't I talk? It hurt so bad when Shredder sprayed that chemical on me, it burned my throat...I'm scared bros.

Leo wrapped him in a hug. "We're so sorry baby brother, I wish we knew but all we know is whatever that chemical was, it was dangerous."

Will I ever talk again Donnie? I don't want to be a mute soul all over again! It was horrible and scary!

"Well, to be honest, I'm not sure...it may never come back due to the damage of your vocal cords." Donnie said softly, keeping tears at bay.

What if I do talk again....will I be the same as before?

"There....is a chance that if you do regain your voice, it may not be the same....it may sound different due to the chemicals." Donnie added.

Tears flowed down Mikey's cheeks once more, but he wiped them away and write a new message.

Ok...thanks for being honest D, and please try your best to fix me.

Donnie then hugged his little brother, finally letting the tears fall. "I'll try my best...I promise you that, otouto."

When master Splinter heard Mikey may not be the same or may never speak again, he was distraught. But, he held strong and focused on comforting his sons.

"Michaelangelo, I know right now you are scared and upset, but I promise you we will find a way to get you to talk again." He told Mikey quietly.

I know you will, Sensei....but I'll be ok. I have you and my brothers. At least I can still communicate with you all.

"Yes...we will always be here for you, my son...whether you can talk or not, as will always stand by you." Splinter whispered, hugging Mikey.

"Until we find some way, you'll have to communicate by writing Mikey, good thing you don't have sloppy handwriting like Raph." Leo joked.

"Hey!" Raph shouted. "I do not!" He then took the notepad from Mikey and scrawled a message in very messy handwriting.

$€€,  I  ¢@π  wrI+e  £iπ€

"Um...I have no idea what that says, sorry bro." Leo said with a shrug. Raph growled in annoyance and handed the notepad back to Mikey.

Thanks Raphie.

"Anyway, don't worry Mikey, everything is fine....we're going to figure this out no matter how long it takes!" Leo said confidently.

Mikey smiled, giving a thumbs up as he wrote. Thanks bros, I love you dudes, even if I can't say it allowed.

"We love you too baby brother, and even if you can't talk, it's ok because we can still communicate." Raph said, patting Mikey's head.

"Besides, writing is just talking on paper."

_______________________________________
A/N: Hey readers! I hope you're enjoying the story so far! I know it's a little short than normal but it'll get longer soon, I promise! I might update later this week, possibly so stay tuned!

_______________________________________A/N: Hey readers! I hope you're enjoying the story so far! I know it's a little short than normal but it'll get longer soon, I promise! I might update later this week, possibly so stay tuned!

Plz Comment and Vote!
Thx Enjoy!😘😍

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😇😺😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕