Chapter 21

When i wake, i am no longer surrounded by white lights. It must be nighttime, I notice i am also no longer alone. Next to me sits Sergio. 'SHE WAKES! Finally, i've been waiting for, what, two hours? Geez!'. He is still drunk, i don't know how he was allowed into here, let alone the hospital.

I grit my teeth at him. 'Don't you know what happened?' i ask. 'Yeah, they told me when i came in. Sad ain't it?' he asks sarcastically. I hate him right now, i hate him. 'WE LOST A BABY, DON'T YOU FEEL ANYTHING?!' i shout back angrily.

'Sure, i'm relieved we can have sex without a stupid kid watching us!' he replies, sipping out of a bottle from his jacket. 'GET. OUT.' i shout. 'NOW!'. 'IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU GOT PREGNANT, I DIDN'T EVEN WANT IT!' he replies.

He feels relief? He didn't want our child? 'I'M CALLING SECURITY, YOU BETTER LEAVE BEFORE THEY GET HERE.' i say, tears welling up in my eyes. 'FINE!' he shouts back, stumbling out of the soor.

Once more, i cry myself to sleep.

***

I am allowed out the next day, but i have nowhere to go. I'm not going back to our apartment. I call Lucy to see when she leaves for her honeymoon. 'I can take care of Leo, i'm going home now, but i don't have my car - can you come pick me up please?' i ask.

'Sure', she replies, 'we go tomorrow -we can't go any later because im 3 months pregnant now, and we worried about Sergio, if he would be sober enough. I'll be there in 10 minutes okay?'. 'Okay.' i reply.

It takes minutes before she arrives here. I already wait by the door. As soon as she slows down, i run into the car. 'Let's go.' i say. 'Shall i drop you at your house then bring Leo round?' she asks. I shake my head, the tears threatening to make a reapperance. 'Can i stay at yours while your gone, please?' i ask.

'Sure, what's up?' she questions. 'It's Sergio, he came into my room last night, and, he told me he was relieved that we lost the baby, and that he didn't want it anyway.' i say, the tears rolling. 'Oh, he didn't mean it, you know he was drunk, right? It was probably just a sad after effect!' she says.

Once i picked up the twins and their stuff, we drive straight back to her house. Once we unpack all of the stuff, Samir looks at me puzzled and says 'May I help you?'. 'Lucy said i could stay here, me and Sergio had a fight. I'll look after Leo for you.' i say.

'Thanks, and i'm sure he didnt mean it, he was drunk.' he says. 'He told me he didn't even want the baby, Sami.' i say. 'Oh, I'll talk to him. It'll be ok. He loves you, you know, he was drunk.' he replies.

'Samir, we have to go now! Bye Hales!' she says, hugging me. She runs to the car leaving me and Sam alone. 'It will be alright, okay?' he says comforting me. He hugs me goodbye, and then they're gone, leaving me Leo.

***