chapter 1

"H-he put something in my drink, I'm sure of it

"H-he put something in my drink, I'm sure of it."

~your p.o.v~

"Hey June, I got us some more drinks from the lobby!" I sang, shutting the door to her hotel room behind me. We had been staying in a nice hotel with the cast and crew of a movie we're filming. Some ridiculous beach movie that I personally wouldn't be interested in watching myself, but I have to make money.

I was sixteen years old, but I lived on my own and did everything normal adults do. I was doing well for myself, I didn't need help from my parents. It's been a couple years since I've last spoken to them despite my promises to keep in touch. I guess work just got in the way. I think about it from time to time, but I'm always too busy to really consider it in detail.

"June? I know you're here, I was up here a minute ago." I called, setting our alcoholic beverages on the coffee table.

I heard a muffled cry from the bedroom that was separated from the living room. I didn't know if I had heard it, but I had a gut feeling that something wasn't right.

I silently hurried over to the safe in the room, typing in the passcode. It opened to reveal the handgun June and I took with us to places at all times. We never knew what could happen when we were all alone without any responsible adults around.

I grabbed the gun and made my way towards the room. I placed the gun behind my back, kicking the door open.

What I saw shocked me. Our director, who was somewhere in his mid to late thirties, was pinning June down as she struggled against him weakly. She seemed out of it.

"What the hell do you think you're doing with her!?" I yelled, grabbing both of their attention. June looked at me with half lidded eyes. A weak smile crossed her features.

"Y/n..." She breathed out, sounding relieved. She had mascara streaks down her face and I had noticed her shirt had been torn off, leaving her in her bra and jeans. Thank God I had shown up before it escalated further.

I pulled the gun from behind my back, motioning for the man in front of me to stand up. He slowly got off of June, his hands in the air.

"We were just havin' a little fun." He spoke in a calm voice, but I could see right through his little act. That's probably the reason he wasn't an actor; he was a horrible liar.

"When a girl's crying like that, she's not having fun anymore." I held the gun steady in my hands. I was full of fear but I didn't want to show it. I didn't want him to know that I wasn't as strong as I acted.

Fake it 'til you make it though, right?

June ran over to me, crying tears of relief. She stood behind me, her hand on my shoulder as she cowered away from this disgusting excuse of a man.

"I recommend you don't mention this to anyone." My director said. I grit my teeth.

"Oh, yeah? What are you gonna do to me, huh?"

"I'll ruin your career and I could easily get someone to take you out." He said as if it was as simple as ever. My confident demeanor faltered.

"Take me out? Are you threatening to kill me off?"

"Let's put it this way. I'll do what I have to do in order to save my reputation."

"You're a monster." I spat. He chuckled.

"Now it's your choice. You can turn a blind eye to the situation happening right now and we'll act like this never happened, or you try and get in my way and I get you killed. Understood?"

"Don't make me pull this trigger, because I will!" I snapped.

"I shoulda gone ahead and fucked her. You wouldn't have shot."

BAM!

My ears were ringing and the man's hand flew up to his chest. He looked up at me, in shock.

Then, his body hit the ground.

"O-oh my god, you killed him!" June cried, her grip on me tightening as she sobbed. I stared at the body below me with wide eyes, lowering the gun.

"We gotta get moving, June!" I exclaimed, running out of the room. She stumbled out of the room, attempting to follow me as best as she could.

I was grabbing our bags when I turned to her.

"What's up with you, June? You seem out of it." I asked, shoving the gun into my waistband and grabbing the both of our suitcases.

"H-he put something in my drink, I'm sure of it." Her speech was slightly slurred. I threw my jean jacket at her.

"Quick, put that on. We don't have much time before someone comes to check what the loud noise was."

She shoved her arms through the sleeves, struggling to quickly button it up. I ran over, helping her button it.

I grabbed our suitcases that I had set by the door, opening the door and rushing out into the hallway. June followed close behind and I made sure to wait up for her. Her balance was off since she had been drugged.

We rushed through the hallways, knowing things would never be the same.

-

"I thought I could trust him, he just wanted to come in for a drink. H-he was my friend." June explained as I stared at the road in front of me.

I had left the top of my red convertible down for June since she had said something about needing fresh air. I didn't mind, I liked having the top down. I guess it was just times like these when I didn't want to be seen on the road. It's not exactly convenient for someone to recognize you while you're fleeting from a crime scene.

I sighed, taking a drag from the cigarette between my fingers.

"Everything just happened so fast. I never meant for it to happen."

"I know. It's alright now, he's not gonna hurt you anymore." I assured her, blowing out smoke. She laughed to herself.

"Look at you, comforting me like I'm the young one here. I'm 20 years old and I still need a 16 year old to save me." She pointed out the irony of the situation. That's how June was. She loved irony and would point it out even if the situation was drastic like now. She never wanted to be too serious. She always tried to stick to lighthearted conversations.

I think the only person she confided in when it came to serious situations was me.

"What are we gonna do, Y/n? Where are we gonna go?"

"I don't know, but we're getting as far away from here as we can."