Part 3: Special Affairs

​Kori was making arrangements on closing out the deal with her real estate people in Miami. She no longer wanted a home in Miami for that's not where her heart was; it was with Alisha. Although her best friend told her to let Alisha go, she was not trying to hear that. She had a few connects in New York City, being that she was a well-known stripper and an up and coming DJ. She wanted to shop around and see what her options were as far as which borough to relocate to. She was surprised and hurt at the same time that when she returned home around the same time Alisha was supposed to be home; there was no sign of her, or Blu and she didn't even have the courtesy of returning her phone calls. What if something happened to her; she thought and what if she really needed to talk to her? In Kori's mind, that was just downright rude and she could not believe that another woman had Alisha so open to the fact that she no longer wanted to fuck her anymore and completely moved out of the home they once shared. She was well aware that Alisha along with her friends would be out of town for her birthday and it was on this weekend that she decided to go to New York and hook-up with some connections she made along the way of her stripping career.
​"Wait... so you mean to tell me that Sha is flying you out to Aspen for her birthday?" Trish could not believe that she was helping her best friend pack her bags for the weekend she was about to have with her girlfriend. Underneath it all, she felt a bit salty and often wondered if Alisha was too good to be true. Women like her didn't exist... not in the lesbian world... or did they?
"Girl... I still can't believe it," Sharae said as she was in her room going through some of her fall and winter outfits since Alisha did inform her to dress warm. She was so excited dancing and twirling in front of her full length mirror that hung on the back of her bathroom door.
"You're gonna have so much fun, make sure you take lots of pictures," Trish said.
"Of course... so, you never told me what happened that night between you and Jodi," Sharae said as she began to fold a couple of outfits on her bed and put them in her black, leather luggage rolling bag.
"You never told me what happened between you and Sha! So spill it!" Trish said. Sharae automatically began to smile at the thought of the intimate night she and Alisha shared.
"Girl... to be honest with you. Definitely worth the wait of me not getting any for a little over a year!"
"Damn! That good huh?"
"Girl no, it was great! She was great... she is great!"
"Shit so ya'll all in love and shit now?" Trish said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes and began to toss around some if the intimate attire that Sharae had thrown in her luggage.
"Pretty much..." Sharae said as she smiled to herself.
"Well just be careful cuz I still don't know her like that," Trish said being protective as usual.
"That's very hypocritical to say... when you love someone and find yourself falling for someone; being careful is never a part of the journey. I trust her... she's given me no reason not to," Sharae said and she meant every word.
"Alright girl... so what I'm a do without you?!"
"I'll be back Monday and we can go out to eat or whatever you'd like."
"I'd like to have my best friend back... you just seem different nowadays," Trish said as she shrugged.
"Is that a bad thing?"
"Nah it's not a bad thing... it's just something I'm not used to."
"Well your best friend is still here and I ain't going anywhere."
"We shall see," Trish said as she rolled her eyes. Sharae stopped folding her clothes and getting her things together for she almost finished packing and wanted to make sure that she had everything she needed for her exciting weekend.
"Wassup Trish... what's on your mind?"
"I mean what's gonna happen between us when Alisha is here for good. Am I even gonna see you as much as I'm used to seeing you or are you gonna be all up under Sha every chance you get? I mean, she hasn't even moved here yet and she flying you over here and over there... like..."
"Wait... I'm a stop you right there..." Sharae interrupted her.
"I mean I ain't hating or nothing... I'm happy for you but..."
"But nothing. If you're happy for me then that's all that should matter and you ain't gotta worry about anyone taking me away from you... you're my best friend," Sharae said.
"Aiight..."
"So quit sounding like a hater!" Sharae said as she tossed one of her pillows at Trish who tossed it right back at her. Then they both got on top of her bed and began pillow fighting and making a lot of noise. So much so that Shelly came into Sharae's room to see what was going on.
"What ya'll in here doing?" she asked. Both ladies stopped pillow fighting and were laughing and out of breathe.
"Being childish," Trish said. There was a package in Shelly's hand with Sharae's name on it.
"This just came for you baby," she said as she handed the package over to Sharae.
"What's that another gift from Alisha?" Trish said.
"No... it's actually a gift for her I had rushed over since I can now give it to her in person," Sharae said as she opened the package. Both Shelly and Trish waited anxiously to see what it was that Sharae had in store for Alisha. When she finally opened the box, it revealed four separate candles that were accompanied with the stone of their description from Crystal Collection. The rose quartz crystal candle and stone represented Love. The aquamarine crystal candle and stone represented Clarity. The bloodstone crystal candle and stone represented Strength, and the tiger eye crystal candle and stone represented Prosperity.
"Oh wow those are really nice Rae," Shelly said as she began to examine the candles as well as the stones and smelled each one.
"And they smell so good..." she continued as she read more in depth of what each candle and crystal symbolized since it was accompanied with a description attached to them.
"I'll be right back... I have the perfect box for them so they won't get messed up on your travels," Shelly said as she left Sharae's bedroom.
"Candles girl?" Trish asked as she began to smell and examine them just as Shelly had done.
"They're more than just candles Trish..."
"Whatever you say Buddha! That's cute tho... so where's her other gift cuz I know you and I know you got something else up your sleeve!" Trish asked with a smirk, which caused for Sharae to smile because she was right.
"Well..." Sharae said as she went to her dresser and pulled a black eyelash lace teddy along with the matching eyelash lace eye mask and a black lace robe.
"Damn Rae! That shit is mad sexy!" Trish applauded.
"I'm honestly not even sure that I'll even get the chance to wear it but I'll bring it anyway," Sharae said as she folded up her special lingerie item and put them in her luggage as soon as Shelly returned with a gift box that was the perfect size for the candles.
"Thanks Shelly," Sharae said. She could not wait for the weekend to begin although what her best friend revealed made her feel a type of way. The last thing she wanted was for Trish to feel any type of way when it pertained to her romantic relationships or vice versa. If anything, she felt that she was doing a pretty good job of balancing and not neglecting any of her relationships. Especially being Alisha had yet to move to New York City for good. However, she planned on spending some more time with her best friend as soon as she came back from her trip and didn't want her to ever feel as if someone else was taking her away from her. She had a very early flight in the morning and Shelly would be dropping her off at the airport.
​Sharae arrived at the small airport in Aspen, Colorado the following morning after a three hour delay in Denver. She could not wait to get off the plane, retrieve her luggage at baggage claim then get the hell out of the airport. She wore a pair of black denim jeans with black and white Air Jordan 12 retro sneakers and a leather jacket with a white scarf around her neck. She turned her phone on and called Alisha whose flight had already arrived a few hours before hers. Alisha answered the phone and there was a lot going on in the background.
"Where you at baby?" she answered. Sharae had just gotten on the escalator going down towards the exit as she rolled her luggage onto the reclining stairs.
"I'm on my way to the exit... where you at?" she asked.
"I see you," Alisha said as she hung up the phone since she was standing at the bottom of the escalators wearing a grey, Rick Owens DRKSHDW long sleeveless hoodie with black jeans, black Timberland boots, with a long sleeve black shirt underneath and a black and grey fitted on her head. The icing on the cake was her smile as Sharae spotted her and returned the smile. Alisha opened her arms big and wide as Sharae ran into them once she finally got to the bottom of the escalators. Alisha picked her up and swung her around, kissing her at the same time.
"You're here finally!" Alisha said.
"Hey baby!" Sharae said when Alisha finally put her down and grabbed Sharae's luggage. Her things along with her friends were already inside of the black Chrysler 300 stretch limousine that was waiting for them outside.
"It's cold like a mutha outside! What you got inside here; a body?" Alisha teased referring to Sharae's luggage.
"You'll see... so how was your flight?"
"Long as hell but good nonetheless, how was your flight?"
"I hate layovers but aside from that it was good. I slept majority of the way..."
"Aiight bet so that means you not gon' be sleepy when I get you to this room?"
Sharae smiled as she smirked at Alisha who winked at her. Once outside in the cool weather of Colorado, Sharae was able to see the beautiful scenic view of the clear sky and mountains that looked as if they were kissing the thick clouds.
"Wow," Sharae commented as she took everything all in.
"Amazing isn't it?"
"It's beautiful," Sharae said as they reached the limousine and the door swung open and loud music blasted from the inside.
"Yo!!!!!" Jodi was hanging out of the top of the limousine with a bottle of Armand De Brigna Brut Rose (Ace of Spades) Champagne in one hand and champagne glass in the other.
"What up Rae?!" she was hype and tipsy already with her Ray Ban aviator shades on.
"My homies went all out for a nigga!" Alisha said as she helped Sharae inside of the limousine then got in after her, shut the door and their driver pulled off and headed towards their hotel. Inside of the limousine was a full service beverage bar with bottles of Ace of Spades (courtesy of Alisha's close friends), ice, luxury leather; multi-color LED lighting, a fifteen-inch flat screen television, mood lighting and sound system with iPod/iPhone connectivity. Seated along the leather seats were Alisha's friends:
"Babe this is Tori; she been my ace since college... this is Adonis; we been tight since juvi... this is my cousin Charlie and her wife Angel and of course you already know Jodi... Everybody this is my beautiful lady Sharae," Alisha introduced the people she felt were important and had a positive impact on her life through the years to Sharae.
"Nice to finally meet you Sharae... we've heard nothing but great things about you," Tori said who was also very attractive and had long locks as well. Charlie was a femme as well as her wife and she was the one who helped Alisha through her earlier years when she had gotten out of juvenile detention. Adonis was the only male among all of the women but he was gay so it didn't make much of a difference. He was tall, brown skin with light brown eyes and freckles; with a muscular built.
"It's nice to meet all of you as well..." Sharae said feeling kind of overwhelmed but good at the same time. Seeing Alisha surrounded with all of these people that she had a strong foundation with said a lot about her character. She was able to maintain relationships and took them seriously versus people who talked to someone here and there and then a few months or a year later; the relationship is nonexistent or just a painful lesson learned. She could tell by the way they interacted with each other that they all held a very special place in her heart for different reasons. It also spoke volumes for Alisha to bring her around the important people in her life. Alisha had her arm wrapped around Sharae's shoulders as her fingers stroked her shoulders up and down. Jodi poured everyone a glass of champagne then they made a toast to a wonderful weekend and to Alisha then continued to talk and listen to the music coming from Tori's iPhone.
​The limousine finally pulled up to the Residences at The Little Nell where Jodi went inside to check everyone in and grab the keys to their four-bedroom residence. Once inside, the suite was breathtakingly beautiful: over three thousand square feet of dramatic mountain-inspired elegance, with a comfortable living room, custom furnishings and fine art that was surrounded with floor to ceiling windows. The room was also accompanied with a private, furnished deck with views of Aspen's gondola scene. Granite counter tops with professional grade appliances as well as a bar was located in the kitchen. Custom alder cabinetry was fully stocked with high-end house wares and a dining table that was big enough to seat twenty people. The master bedroom was fully furnished with a King-sized bed and the master bathroom with two separate vanities, a separate shower, bathtub Jacuzzi and water closet. All of the bedrooms within the suite had their own private bathroom and walk-in spacious closets along with full washer and dryer. The place was absolutely amazing and everyone couldn't wait to get un-packed and freshened up. Charlie and Angel had their own room of course, Tori and Adonis shared a room and Jodi had her own bedroom with two Queen-sized beds that she decided to put together and make one big ass bed. Alisha and Sharae had the master bedroom and on the bed was a single rose with a note that read "Happy Birthday Sha! We love you!" and a bottle of champagne (courtesy of the hotel); the note was requested in advance from her friends.
"This place is amazing!" Sharae said as she opened the blinds and took in the beautiful snow covered mountains. Alisha came up behind her and wrapped her arms around her from while taking in the scenery as well.
"You smell good," she said as she buried her face in her neck then kissed it. Sharae reached her hand up and stroked the side of Alisha's face then turned her face to hers to give her a kiss. As they were getting into it... Adonis and Toni came in since the door was wide open.
"We 'bout to freshen up then head on over to the Snowmass and get some lift tickets and equipment..." Adonis said.
"Aiight bet," Alisha said.
"Don't start anything," Toni said as she smirked at both Alisha and Sharae then left the room and shut the door behind them. Alisha began to take off her clothes and put them off to one side of the spacious room while she headed to the bathroom. Sharae wanted to freshen up as well and began to take off her clothes as well. She could hear Alisha start the shower in the master bathroom so she decided to join her. The bathroom was already beginning to steam from the hot water. She could see Alisha's tatted back and arms behind the glass sliding doors. Wearing nothing but her skin, Sharae slid open the shower doors and stepped inside of the huge shower. She began to kiss Alisha's back as the water covered both of their bodies. Alisha laid her head back as Sharae's fingers were running through her hair. Alisha turned around so that she can kiss Sharae's soft lips; long, deep, sensual kisses that aroused the both of them.
"I missed you," Sharae said.
"I missed you too," Alisha said as Sharae pushed her back against the wall and their kiss became more intense. Alisha's hands were all over Sharae's body until Sharae grabbed her hands and pinned up against the shower tiles; their fingers interlocked with one another. Every time Alisha tried to bring her hands down to touch Sharae, she maintained a firm grip on her hands.
"You don't always have to be in control babe," Sharae softly said and Alisha's body automatically relaxed to allow Sharae to be in control which was something she never did when it pertained to sex, but this was so much more than sex. She was used to always being the one in control. The dominant sexual deviant who stalked and captured her prey like it was a sport, but in this case she allowed for Sharae to explore every inch of her body under the running water as she took her time with every inch of her. Starting from her lips, to her face then down to her neck and onto the other side. Her muscular shoulder blades then onto her left arm... she kissed every part of her: slowly. Savoring the moment and how good Alisha's body felt on her lips. She moved on to the palm of her left hand, the back of her hand and then each finger. She made a trail with her lips from her fingertips, back to the palm of her hand then onto her left arm again and then to the middle of her neck. She gave the same attention that she gave her left arm to her right. Alisha didn't know how much longer she could contain herself. It felt as if her body was about to explode... Once Sharae's soft kisses covered her right palm to her fingertips then back to her palm again; Alisha grabbed her face with her hand and stared at her in her purest form: soaking wet and wearing absolutely nothing. Sharae stared back at her and bit the bottom of her lip... Alisha's lips were barely touching Sharae's and when Sharae tried to kiss her she moved her head away while maintaining a firm grip of her face. Alisha smiled when Sharae kept trying to kiss her and she kept turning away while her other hand began to tease her nipples.
"You guys are steaming up the whole suite!" Charlie was knocking on the master bedroom door. Alisha and Sharae ignored the comments and knocking coming from the other end of the bedroom. Finally, Alisha gave in to Sharae's lips as she lowered her body so that she was now on her knees in the shower and was face to face with Sharae's navel. She gently kissed her navel while gripping her waist; her lips then found their way to her waistline then to her curves that led to her pretty pussy. She grabbed her left thigh and lifted it up so that it was now propped up on her right shoulder.
"Sha!" her friends continued to call for her and knock on the bedroom door. Alisha was not home at the moment and knew that whatever it was could wait. She began to devour Sharae like her favorite birthday cake as she rode her tongue. One hand was grabbing Alisha's hair while the other was flat against the shower walls. Alisha had her right arm hooked around Sharae's left while she sucked and teased her clit while licking her pussy lips at the same time. She wrapped her other arm around Sharae's leg that was still on the floor of the shower and rested it up on her left shoulder. She could not get enough of this woman being on her face and she believed it turned her on more than Sharae whose moans were even more intense than their first time. Although Alisha's friends were close by, it was not the same as having your family upstairs in the same house. Sharae held nothing back as she began to grind her hips in circles. Alisha continued to eat Sharae's sweetness with a passion as she proceeded to lie back until her back was now on the shower floor that was big enough for five people. Sharae was now riding Alisha's face until she stopped and told her to turn around. Sharae turned around and was now sitting on Alisha's face while her hands were palming her ass. While licking and sucking on her pussy, Alisha had one finger inside of her ass and one inside of her pussy, which drove Sharae crazy. She was now spread across Alisha's chest and was now eating her pussy as well in the sixty-nine position. The shower continued to run as the steam continued to creep through the master bedroom door. Alisha's friends gave up on trying to get their attention and decided that it was her birthday weekend and tomorrow was another day. The beautiful scenic mountains covered in snow as well as the lift were not going anywhere and they had another full day to explore Aspen. All of them decided to call a couple of taxi-cabs for the five of them and go to a grocery store to pick up food and alcohol for the remainder of the weekend. Since all of them were very close to Alisha, they knew what she liked and what she did not like and also had some more surprises for her throughout the weekend. Sharae and Alisha had the entire suite to themselves but had no idea because they were so engulfed in one another. Sharae's tongue caressed Alisha's clit while penetrating her at the same time while Alisha did the same... they continued with their waterfall of ecstasy until both came in unison and finally decided to actually shower and wash one another from head to toe. It was hard not to be distracted by all of the sexual energy between the two, but once both were out of the shower they realized that everyone had left.
"Damn... we was in there for that long?" Alisha asked as she and Sharae walked around the suite and realized that they were the only ones home at the moment.
"I honestly wouldn't know," Sharae said. They both had on the white, soft and fluffy robes that were hung up by the master bathroom door along with some white, soft and fluffy slippers.
"Lemme see where everyone at," Alisha said as she grabbed her phone and called Jodi who answered on the first ring.
"You alive nigga?" Jodi asked on the other end of the phone. Alisha could hear the rest of her friends in the background talking.
"Where ya'll at?"
"Out food shopping for yo ass! But nah we gotta eat man, what you got a taste for tonight?"
Alisha looked over at Sharae who was out on the deck taking in the beautiful scenery.
"Never mind... don't answer that!" Jodi said as she started laughing and Alisha started laughing too.
"It doesn't matter man... Long as Charlie and Angel are in the kitchen!"
"I cook!"
"Yeah right!"
"Man listen... I can burn!"
"Burn boiled water!" Alisha said and they both started laughing.
"Where Rae at? She up under you somewhere in the cut?"
"Nah she's out on the deck... So I was thinking let's just all chill out tonight... eat... drink... maybe go to the pool up on the roof later and then tomorrow hit the town," Alisha said.
"It's your birthday man... we can do whatever you like."
"Aiight ya'll just about done?"
"Yeah we are but hold on... let me see what we got," Jodi said as she began to recite all of the items that were in the shopping cart for Alisha's approval and she approved.
"One more thing tho..." Alisha said.
"Wassup?"
"Can you do me a solid and pick up some whipped cream, chocolate fudge, fresh strawberries..." Alisha had a list of items she wanted Jodi to pick up for her.
"What ya'll bout to do make a birthday cake?!" Jodi joked but she had her best friend nonetheless.
"Pretty much," Sharae said.
"Aiight nigga... let me go grab your special requests and we'll see you guys in a bit."
"Aiight," Alisha said as they hung up.
"Everything okay?" Sharae asked as she came back inside of the suite.
"Yeah babe they went to get some food and drinks for the rest of the weekend," Alisha said.
"Okay sounds good... I have an idea..."
"Wassup?"
"How 'bout we pop this bottle of champagne?"
Alisha said nothing but joined Sharae in the master bedroom and removed the foil that was around the bottle of champagne.
"Can you bring me a towel babe?" she asked Sharae who went into the bathroom and grabbed one of the towels that were hanging next to one of the sinks then gave it to Alisha. Alisha loosened the wire cage then draped the towel over the bottle and began to twist the bottom hand until the cork eased out; once she felt the pressure from the bottle begin to ease its way to the top she grabbed two of the champagne glasses that accompanied her welcome display on the bed and allowed for the top to pop.
"Woooooo! Now that's how you pop a bottle!" Sharae said as Alisha began to pour the champagne into the glasses then set the bottle on top of one of the dressers in the room.
"Cheers to an amazing weekend!" Sharae said as she raised her glass up and Alisha did the same.
"Cheers to a beautiful weekend with a beautiful woman... and she's all mine," she said.
"All yours?"
"All mine," Alisha repeated and they touched glasses then took a sip.
"That's good," Sharae said just as the key to the door in their suite began to turn and in walked Alisha's friends with bags full of groceries and alcohol.
"Hello? Anybody home?" Adonis called out.
"They probably sleep!" Tori said.
"Nah they ain't sleep," Jodi said.
"Sha Sha! Wake up Sha!" Charlie called out just as Alisha and Sharae entered the living area.
"I ain't sleep ya'll!"
"Well welcome back to earth how was you guys trip?" Angel asked as she winked at Sharae who began to blush.
"What ya'll cooking?" Alisha asked.
"Mmm... lemme see. What do you have a taste for?" Charlie asked her cousin and she and her wife began to put most of the food away while Adonis and Tori were setting the bottles of liquor to the side and began to prepare some drinks for everyone.
"Don't ask her that!" Jodi called from her bedroom. She went into her bedroom to make a phone call then was back with the group in minutes. Sharae was with Adonis also accompanied with Tori by the bar area and they were asking her what she liked as far as drinks were concerned and if she had any limits which she didn't. She was a lady but a lady who could hold her liquor.
"Sha you gotta bring Ms. Sharae around us more often," Adonis said.
"I plan to," Alisha said as she winked at Sharae.
"You want heavy or you want something light?" Charlie asked her cousin.
"Can I ask ya'll something?" Jodi was referring to Charlie and Angel.
"What?" Angel said.
"It's technically still morning time, early afternoon; why ya'll making dinner?"
"First of all, we're making whatever Sha wants... Sha what you want?" Charlie asked.
"Something light... I trust ya'll. Jo Jo sit down somewhere... baby what you got a taste for?" Alisha teased her best friend then asked Sharae what it was that she wanted.
"You can't ask her that either!" Jodi said and everyone started to laugh including Sharae. She dug the vibe she got from everyone thus far and didn't feel out of place or any negative energy.
"It's your birthday babe!"
"You right... what's good with these drinks tho?!" Alisha said to both Adonis and Tori.
"Try this," Tori passed a cup to Adonis who passed it to Alisha. She tried the mixed drink and out of reflex began shaking her head from left to right.
"What the fuck is that?" she asked.
"I call this the Mongolian Motherfucker!" Tori said.
"Shit... I'm a need something in my stomach before I fuck with that!"
"Let me taste babe," Sharae said and Alisha passed her the cup, which she sipped and had the same reaction as Alisha.
"Got damn! Nah son, I can't fuck with it either. Not on an empty stomach!" she said and Adonis and Tori started laughing.
"Pesto tomato and mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts with fresh asparagus... sound good?" Charlie had finally decided on what it was she wanted to make for her cousin.
"That sound good as fuck to me right now," Alisha said.
"So Sharae what do you do?" Tori asked although she knew a little bit about her friend's new girlfriend. She wanted to get to know her for herself and so far she liked her and she could see that she was someone who made Alisha very happy. Sharae began to tell them what they wanted to know as far as what it was she does, and asked her about New York City and how it was being born and raised there. Sharae felt that she wouldn't want to be born and raised in any other city, for New York City made her the woman she was now. Then the conversation shifted...
"So Sharae do you want kids?" Charlie asked, because she was well aware of the fact that her cousin wanted to get married and have kids.
"Eventually..."
"What about marriage?" Angel asked.
"Absolutely..."
"So when's the wedding?" Charlie asked.
"Whoa! Time out..." Alisha said as she grabbed Sharae's hand and they headed towards the master bedroom.
"Wait... we just talking to the girl," Charlie said.
"Yeah but compared to ya'll we the only naked ones in the room. Feeling kinda outnumbered... just in case some shit go down. I don't want any titties slanging all over the place!" Alisha said. Everyone started to laugh because she and Sharae were the only ones who were comfortable in a robe.
"Shut up Sha! Okay... but the question will still be here when you guys come back out here!" Charlie said as she and Angel began to prepare dinner.
"What was that all about?" Sharae asked Alisha once they were inside of the master bedroom.
"If my people gon' be asking all types of questions... especially my cousin since she knows me the best. I'm a need for you to put some clothes on," Alisha said as she proceeded to do the same. She put on a sports bra with a pair of briefs, sweat pants and a black and white graphic t-shirt. Sharae put on a pair of grey sweat shorts and a red crop top and then they went back out into the living area with everyone else.
"Did we make you uncomfortable Sharae?" Charlie asked.
"No not at all... but to answer your question..." Sharae began.
"We just started dating man... ask her again in a couple of years or so," Alisha cut that conversation real short.
"Alright fine... I'll lay off it for now... Well I'm sure you're aware that Sha and I are very close... more like sisters than cousins," Charlie continued.
"Yes I know..."
"We only want what's best for her..."
"I see we have that in common," Sharae said. Jodi disappeared back into the bedroom again when her phone began to ring and Alisha being the observant person she was wondered what kept her going to the bedroom for privacy so she decided to see what was up.
"Yo... I don't know what to tell you man... Aiight then bet... You think that's gonna solve the problem? Because I know her, and you two just ain't it!" Jodi was talking to the person on the other end of the phone until she noticed Alisha standing by the door.
"Yo I gotta go... Stop calling me," Jodi said then hung up.
"One of your girls?" Alisha asked.
"Nah... one of your girls," Jodi said. Alisha screwed her face up and asked Jodi what she was talking about.
"Yo... I don't know what's wrong with your ex but she been blowing me up ever since we got back from New York..."
"Kori been blowing you up for what?"
"I don't know man... she been buggin'! Asking me all these questions about you and just..."
"Questions like what?"
"Where you been; how come you ain't come home; is your new girl with you; all types of shit."
"And what you tell her?"
"I ain't tell her shit man!"
"So what was she talking about just now?"
"Man..." Jodi just shook her head and told Alisha to come in and close the door behind her. Alisha came inside of the bedroom and shut the door.
"So check it... Kori is in New York City right now looking at places to stay..." Jodi said.
"Get the fuck outta here!"
"She wants you back man and she won't stop at nothing..."
"She just brought a house in Miami though... I don't know why the fuck..." Alisha's mind was racing at the thought of her ex moving to the same city she would be moving to.
"I don't know but she been buggin wanting to know about Sharae and shit."
"What?"
"Yeah she said she's gonna find out sooner than later and that the city ain't that damn big..."
Alisha just shook her head as she let her best friends words begin to sink in.
"Aiight," was all she said.
"Aiight?"
"Aiight... I'm not gonna let shit get in-between what me and Rae got and she's gonna be in for a rude awakening when our paths cross back in New York because what she and I had is dead and been dead for a very long time," Alisha said.
"I feel you."
"Why you had to come in here and be all sneaky and shit with it tho?"
"Cuz man, it's your birthday... your girl is here. Ain't nobody got time for Kori and her mess."
"This woman is really crazy."
"Crazy about your ass... You gon' tell Rae?"
"Yeah... but not now. I just wanna enjoy myself and I want her to do the same," Alisha said then she and Jodi went back out into the living area where everyone was seated at the huge dining table. Tori had her iPhone connected to the AUX cord that was connected to the stereo in the living room blasting PRBLMS from 6LACK. Alisha sat right next to Sharae who asked if everything was okay and Alisha responded with a simple yes as the group decided to play a game of Charades but with a twist. Since the food was almost ready, Tori decided to make a lighter drink and save the heavier stuff for after everyone had fulfilled their appetite. This specific game of Charades was going to be categorized into movie titles. Sharae used an empty bowl from the kitchen cabinet and each person wrote down a few well known movie titles on slips of paper courtesy of the hotel then balled the paper up and put them into the bowl. Everyone was split up into two teams: the first team was Adonis, Tori, Angel and Charlie and the second team was Alisha, Sharae and Jodi since there were only seven of them. The first round would last two minutes and each team would get a chance to act out a movie scene or something familiar to the movie title without saying what the movie was. At the end of each round, the team who guessed the most movie titles wins and the losing team would have to take shots of Patron Tequila. Once the game started and the shots began pouring, the laughter and silliness increased and Alisha forgot all about her ex-girlfriend scheming to get back with her. It was her birthday weekend and she planned on having a good time. It was also hilarious watching Sharae act out a scene from Eddie Murphy's classic Coming to America movie and seeing her having a good time and taking a liking to the people who she referred to as family. She could also tell that her friends and cousin took a liking to Sharae as well and knowing that made her heart smile. There were a total of six rounds played before the food was finally ready and by the third round just about everyone was tipsy. When Alisha was going to get up and fix her plate for both she and Sharae, Sharae told her to sit down and relax.
"I got it babe..." she said as she went to fix Alisha her plate of food as well as a drink.
"I appreciate you," Alisha said as Sharae went to fix her own plate and drink as well. Once everyone was seated at the dining table, they bowed their heads and thanked the Most High for this delicious food that they were about to dig in and for everyone making it to their destination safely as well as everyone who was seated at the dining table before digging in.
​After the fun, games and socializing that went on for the rest of the day and the liquor began to kick in; Charlie and Angel were the first to call it a night for they had some sexy things to catch up on. Tori, Adonis and Jodi decided to hang out some more and see what Aspen was all about so they decided to go to the Ajax Tavern just to get out.
"I feel like I'm keeping you away from your friends on this trip," Sharae said once she and Alisha were in their room and getting out of their clothes.
"Why do you feel like that?" Alisha asked as she was getting back into the comfortable robe and slippers then grabbed a couple of towels. Sharae just shrugged her shoulders as she was now in her comfortable robe and slippers as well.
"Hey... look at me," Alisha said softly to Sharae as their eyes met.
"I'm with these guys all the time. Everyone on this trip with me right now is a very important part of my life... including you... my friends get to see me anytime I'm in Miami. You're my birthday gift and it's my birthday weekend so what do you say we go up to the roof?" Alisha suggested and Sharae smiled.
"You don't think it's too cold?" she asked.
"That's what I'm here for... let's go," Alisha said as she grabbed her iPhone along with her black Beats Pill 2.0 Portable Bluetooth Speaker and they headed out of the room, to the elevator and then up to the roof. Once on the roof, being that it was so late; it was very quiet and serene and not a person in sight. There were two large pools accompanied with two hot tubs on the opposite end of the roof that were softly lit with purple and blue lights that made the water even more attractive. The dark blue, clouded skies along with the dazzling stars shining bright and the snow covered mountains made the view even more breathtaking. Alisha and Sharae walked over to the hot tub that was over in the far left side of the spacious roof where she set down her Bluetooth speaker, connected her iPhone that was on Do Not Disturb then went straight to her playlists:
"Come mess with a real one. You're one in a million. Don't let a lot of people in but you get admission. And I don't let my walls down, but I see us building. And you ain't a feeling, cause that's how I'm feeling. You make me wanna put my phone down. When we're alone, I wanna zone out. Baby with you I ain't got no doubts. I'm just try'na let you know now... facts..." the sultry voice of the unknown artist known as H.E.R. sung through the speakers as both Alisha and Sharae removed their robes leaving them wearing nothing but skin, and in Alisha's case, her tattoos. Both stepped into the warm hot tub and Alisha rested her back alongside the wall while Sharae was rested in front of her, between her legs with her back against her and head lying down on her shoulders. Sharae closed her eyes as she listened to the music and allowed for her body to relax into Alisha's as her hands began to massage her shoulders.
"Why are you so tense?" Alisha asked as she softly began to massage the knots in Sharae's shoulders and neck and then applied more pressure. Sharae moaned and moved her head from side to side.
"I guess... not wanting this to end," Sharae said.
"Just enjoy the time we have right now... we have no control over the future so there's no point in worrying about it. I got you and you got me and I'm gonna enjoy this until..."
"You're right," Sharae agreed as her hands were rested on the top of Alisha's thighs and she softly caressed them. Alisha began to softly kiss the back of Sharae's shoulder then moved her lips to the side of her neck while her hands continued to do their magic.
"So..." Alisha said.
"So..."
"Tell me something about yourself that I don't know..."
"I had a twin brother but he was still born..."
"Wow Rae... that's crazy."
"Yeah... my parents had a lot of issues conceiving and when they finally were able to and found out they were gonna have twins, they told me how excited they were but then to have my brother die during birth it was heartbreaking for the both of them."
"I can imagine."
"I dream about him from time to time... wonder how he would look, if we were even fraternal or identical."
"He's here... along with your parents, you have angels among you all the time so you're always protected."
"I definitely believe that... do you believe in fate?" Sharae asked changing the subject.
"Definitely... I've always believed in certain events that are beyond a person's control and people coming into your life for a reason, a season and a lifetime."
"You can say that again..."
"Have you ever heard of the Moirai or Moerae?"
"Mmm... I don't believe I have..."
"Well... in Greek mythology they were known as the white-robed incarnations of destiny and there were three of them: Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos... these three women controlled the mother thread of life of every human being from birth to death..."
"Go on..." Sharae said wanting to know more about something that she was not familiar with but found interesting since Alisha brought it up.
"Basically... they directed fate and watched what the fate assigned to every human being by eternal laws as it took its course without obstruction... back then, they were the gods and men submitted to them... its crazy but makes a lot of sense. Power of a woman man, it's crazy," Alisha said.
"That is interesting... I'm a look more into that when I get home. Been a while since I actually sat down and read a good book."
"Same here..."
"Mmm... that feels good," Sharae moaned.
"I see you're relaxing more... got them knots out."
Sharae turned around so that she was now facing Alisha with her legs resting on her upper thighs. She began to massage her neck and shoulders and exploring her tattoos that were very detailed and descriptive from the entire front of her neck, to her shoulders, arms, and top of her chest.
"When did you get your first tattoo and what was it?" Sharae asked out of curiosity as she continued to rub her shoulders. Alisha's eyelids were low not only from the effects of the alcohol earlier but from the high she was on at this very moment being relaxed by the presence of Sharae.
"There's no one inside. You're free to relax. If you commit to this ride, there's no turning back. You've been here before. Remember these sheets. This world's not for us, it's not what it seems. We'll learn to love how to dream... Dream," Love in the Sky by The Weeknd began to play from the speakers.
"My first tattoo was when I was sixteen and it's both of my parents' names in the Korean alphabet with the clouds of Gautama Buddha," Sharae said.
"Wow... you got all of that done at one time when you were sixteen?"
Alisha smiled.
"Nah I had to go back a few times," she said.
"Did it hurt?"
"Nah they didn't hurt but then again I have a high tolerance for pain..."
"When did you realize you had a sex addiction?"
"Um... damn... Um," Alisha paused for a moment for she wasn't ready for that question but she had nothing to hide and was already comfortable with the fact that she felt she could talk to Sharae about anything.
"This conversation was supposed to be about you telling me something I ain't know about you!" she said as she laughed and Sharae smiled.
"I'm just curious but I'm like an open book so..."
"As I am too. But overall, what you see is what you get."
"I find that hard to believe," Sharae disagreed.
"Why is that?"
"You seem like a woman with many layers as we all have... you're like a foreign book I have the pleasure of unraveling and enjoying with each page. I feel I've only gotten as far as the introduction..."
"Wow... no one's ever described me as a book before," Alisha said as she raised an eyebrow.
"You're an intriguing book... I only want to continue reading is all... so when did you realize you had an issue?"
"The night I almost lost my life," Alisha said as she continued to tell the story about when she was younger and all over the place. She was very promiscuous and often dealt with women who were married or in relationships. She never planned to mess with women who were unavailable, but these were the women who gravitated to her. Which made things easier when it pertained to the relationship department. The many she encountered over the years except for Kori were all involved with someone or had situations to the point where they never got too close. She assumed it was due to her being such a free spirit and open with everything as well as being spontaneous. Most of the women she dealt with were never intimate with other women and looked at Alisha as a thrill. One particular married woman failed to mention that her husband was crazy and Alisha found that out the hard way when he caught the both of them in his home and she was face to face with his pistol. He was going to kill her, for he had the gun pointed straight at her head in front of his wife, but when he pulled the trigger; the gun jammed and Alisha was out of there and never returned. What made the whole thing even crazier was the fact that it didn't hit her until later that she could've lost her life. Right after she left the married woman's home, she headed over to another woman's house to finish what she started before the husband came home.
"Wow..." Sharae said.
"Yeah I was out there... that's when I was like aiight Alisha, this can't be normal and decided that I needed to talk to someone; a professional. That's when I knew," Alisha said.
"Thank God that gun jammed... that's crazy tho."
"Fo'real..." Alisha said as she was looking into Sharae's eyes delicately as she was doing the same.
"What?" Sharae asked smiling.
"Just looking at you is all," Alisha said as she began to run her fingers through her hair.
"Are you really able to control it?"
"Mmm... when I'm with you... sex isn't the only thing that's on my mind. Sex with you is indescribable and I don't even wanna call it sex but... just being with you, talking with you, feeling your body against mine... that's pleasure for me. You stimulate more than just my body so my attraction to your mind is all the control that I need for now," Alisha said.
"I understand what you're saying."
"It's different but I'm learning to embrace it on a daily."
"Well I got you if anything... if you feel like you can't control it or feel an urge to..."
"Stop... right now," Alisha said getting a feeling to where this conversation was headed. She gently grabbed the bottom of Sharae's chin and gave her a slow and sensual kiss.
"I can't imagine myself hurting or betraying you," she said and that was the end of that discussion. Both ladies continued to relax in the hot tub while soft, sultry music played. It was late by the time they decided to call it a night and head back to their room. Adonis, Tori and Jodi were back from their little night on the town and Charlie and Angel had the Do Not Disturb sign on their door.
"Well, well, well..." Adonis said as Sharae and Alisha came back into the suite. He, Tori and Jodi were still up, showered and in comfortable clothes still drinking.
"Yo!" Jodi said.
"Wassup!" Alisha said.
"Just chilling... how was the rooftop?" Tori asked.
"Beautiful... we all gotta go check it out tomorrow!"
"I'm with it!" Tori said.
"Big day tomorrow Sha! Better be ready!" Adonis said.
"Born ready baby... but I love you guys... c 'mere," Alisha said as her friends came over to her and they all wrapped their arms around each other.
"Sharae you get in here too!" Jodi said and Sharae obliged and joined them in on their friendly bond that lasted through the years with many ups and downs. If it weren't for these relationships in Alisha's life, she would not be where she was today and she was forever grateful for them and all they did for her.
"Aiight get off me!" Alisha playfully said.
"Night ya'll!" Adonis, Tori and Jodi said to both Alisha and Sharae as they went back in their room. Sharae went into their bathroom and started the shower to wash and rinse off the water from the hot tub.
"Babe," Sharae called from the shower.
"Yes," Alisha called from the bedroom as she was getting a few things situated. She sat her speaker down on one of the nightstands beside the bed and connected it back to her iPhone. She saw that she had a few missed calls and a text message from Kori that hadn't come in due to her phone being on Do Not Disturb. She went to her text messaging thread to read the message:
"Hey sexy... I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday and you deserve all of the love, joy and happiness in the world... Wishing you many more to come and have a great time in Aspen with your friends! I miss you like crazy and wish you would've given me a heads up before you decided to move out of the home WE built together. Since you have yet to understand or get the fact that I love you very much and will stop at NOTHING to get you back... I'll be seeing you sooner than later. Xoxo."
There was also a sexy photo attached with the message of Kori spread eagle on top of a marble kitchen counter with a birthday cake between her legs. The cake had Alisha's name on it and heart pasties covered both of her nipples.
"Got damn..." Alisha said to herself as she shook her head. There was no doubt that Kori was a very attractive woman and she knew it too. She was so caught up in the naughty visual that accompanied the text message that she didn't even hear what Sharae was talking about in the bathroom so she decided to put her phone back on Do Not Disturb before undressing to join her. She slid the glass door open and joined Sharae in the shower who turned around facing her and wrapped her arms around her neck.
"What's the matter?" she asked sensing some tension throughout Alisha's body.
"At this moment... nothing," she said.
"What's going on?" Sharae asked as she began to lather one of the wash clothes with soap and began washing Alisha's body.
"My ex-girlfriend is crazy as hell," she said.
"Turn around," Sharae said and Alisha turned her back to her as her hands were flat against the tiled shower walls. Sharae then began to wash and lather up her back with soap.
"She called you?"
"Yeah."
"What she say?"
"I don't know... didn't answer. Phone's on Do Not Disturb... she texted me wishing me a happy birthday and telling me that she would be seeing me sooner than later," Alisha said leaving out the attachment that was accompanied with the message. She felt that the phone calls and message was enough.
Sharae raised an eyebrow because she did not like the sound of that but she allowed for Alisha to continue.
"She been blowing Jo Jo up too trying to get to me and she just been buggin'," Alisha said leaving out the important fact that Kori would most likely be living in the same city wanting to start a new life. She didn't even want to bring her ex up during this weekend nor give her the power to put any energy into what was the past while she was working on something special with a new woman. Since Sharae wanted to know what was wrong and she's been honest thus far... she only felt it was right to tell her... everything except for the calculated movements of her ex and that damn picture that she could not get out of her mind.
"Don't sweat it babe... this is your weekend and you got me... long as she doesn't cross any boundaries and you handle that then we good," Sharae said and she meant that. Alisha turned around so that she was now facing Sharae and gave her a kiss.
"I got you," was all she said and she meant that.
​June 17th: twelve o' clock on the dot:
"Put your hands up when they turn up the bass! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Ho! Hey!" Empire Cast 'Ready to Go' featuring Jussie Smollett was blasting throughout the suite as Jodi, Tori and Adonis busted through the doors of Alisha and Sharae's suite who were knocked out until they started screaming "Happy Birthday!" They got on top of the king sized bed and started jumping up and down like a bunch of kids while wearing birthday hats and blowing birthday party blowers. Alisha jumped out of her sleep so hard she almost fell out of the bed and Sharae snapped out of her REM cycle as well. Jodi and Tori both had a can of party string spray streamer to let lose all over Alisha.
"What the....!" Alisha didn't even have a chance to say anything as Charlie and Angel came into the room with a homemade Oreo Cheesecake (Alisha's favorite) birthday cake that read Happy Born Day Sha Sha and one single candle.
"Aww... man," Alisha couldn't help but smile.
"I grew up, stood up and now I'm ready to go. Ready set go. I'm ready to go. Ready set go. I'm ready to go go go... I'm ready to go go go.... Put your hands up when they turn up the bass!" Jodi, Tori, Adonis, Charlie and Angel sang along with the music that was blasting through the suite then continued jumping around both Alisha and Sharae, as they could not stop laughing. Sleepy and all but Alisha couldn't help but be tickled by her silly ass friends.
"I fuckin' hate all of you!" Alisha said as she was still laughing covered with white and gold streamer thanks to Jodi and Tori.
"Yo I guess we should turn down the music before they kick us out!" Adonis said as he ran to the living room and turned the music down.
"Sharae this is what we do... Sha is surrounded by a lot of crazy and since Sha is with you, that means you gotta deal with it too!" Charlie said. Although Sharae was half sleep she couldn't help but laugh and knew that all of this was love and she was more than happy to have shared this exact moment with Alisha.
"Make a wish!" Angel said after everyone had calmed down.
"Wait... ya'll been plotting on me since when to do this?" Alisha asked as she was trying to get as much streamer as possible off of her with the help of Sharae. It was all over her face, her hair, her shoulders, her arms and her hands but luckily it was easy to remove.
"Make a wish nigga!" Jodi said.
"Don't worry about all of dat!" Tori said.
"Aiight... Aiight," Alisha closed her eyes; made a wish, blew out her candle and once her face was close enough and the candle was out Jodi pushed her head in the cake and ran to the other side of the room.
Everyone started laughing as Angel pulled her camera out to capture this moment of her cousin in laws twenty-eighth birthday. She also had footage of all of them earlier while planning this surprise Birthday wakeup call and while they were baking the cakes.
"You mutha... I'm a fuck you up Jo Jo!" Alisha said playfully with Oreo Cheesecake all over her face.
"Happy Birthday Sha Sha!" Charlie said.
"Thank Jo Jo for none of ya'll getting any cake!" Alisha said.
"This one is yours Sha... we made two of them. Jo Jo was plotting on smacking your head in your own cake," Angel said.
"And get it on film!" Adonis said while he had his iPhone out, for he was recording the entire thing as well. Alisha wasn't even mad, but thankful that both she and Sharae were decent and had some clothes on while they were sleep. She got up to go to the bathroom and wash her face.
"It's officially your birthday! How's it feel to be almost thirty?!" Adonis said.
"Fuck you!" Alisha said while giving all of them the finger.
"Come here babe," Sharae said laughing as she got a towel from the bathroom and helped her clean herself up.
"Oh you think it's funny too huh?" Alisha asked as she went to her cake and grabbed a chunk full then rubbed it in her Sharae's face.
"Oh really?!" Sharae said as she filled up a cup of water then chased Alisha through the suite until she was close enough to dump its contents on her head.
"Put your hands up when they turn up the bass!" the song continued as everyone joined in the water/cake fight throughout the suite. Laughing, falling on the floor; jumping from sofa to sofa... over the sofa then into bedrooms... on the bed; under the bed... in the closets. It was war and they all went at it until everyone was beat with wet shirts and cake faces on the living room floor.
"Best birthday ever thus far thanks to you guys!" Alisha said.
"Word," Jodi agreed.
"I still hate ya'll tho... babe is there still cake and streamer in my hair?" Alisha asked Sharae. Sharae began to inspect her hair pulling as much streamer out as she could.
"It'll be okay... just need to wash it is all," she said.
"That's gonna take all day!" Alisha complained.
"I got you baby..."
"Yes!" Alisha said.
"Yo I got the whole thing on my phone... I'm a send it to ya'll," Angel said as she was scrolling through her phone.
"Yo Sha!" Jodi said.
"Wassup?"
"What you wish for?"
"Nigga I can't tell you!"
"Why not?"
"Cuz if I tell you the shit won't come true."
"You really believe in that shit huh?"
"Among other things..."
"Well... it's been real ya'll. All that childishness wore me out," Charlie said as she got up from the floor. She was seated between Angel's legs who was seated on the couch. She grabbed her hands and helped her from off the couch as they headed to the bedroom.
"Oh hell nah! I know your ass ain't going to bed!" Alisha said.
"I just wanna get a nap in at least."
"Fuck your nap! Ya'll motherfuckas done woke me and my girl up! Ain't nobody sleeping tonight!"
Charlie gave her cousin the middle finger as she and Angel headed to their bedroom.
"Yeah, we gonna catch a little sleep too before we get the day started," Adonis said and he and Tori headed to their room leaving Jodi, Alisha and Sharae.
"Lemme guess your ass gonna go to sleep too?" Alisha asked her best friend.
"Nah you know me... Night owl... Sharae you good?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"So we vampin?" Alisha asked.
"I'm down," Jodi said. Sharae got up from the floor to grab the remote control to see what movie was playing. They had all of the movie channels on demand and as Sharae was scrolling Jodi told her to go back because she saw a movie she wanted to watch that was in movie theatres.
"Yo I heard this shit is crazy man!" Jodi said as Sharae stopped on a movie titled Split. They read the brief summary of what the movie was about and decided to trust Jodi's instincts then Sharae made herself comfortable on Alisha's lap with her arms wrapped around her, which was becoming one of her favorite places to be.
"I love psychological thrillers," Sharae said.
"Yeah me too," Alisha said and the three spent the rest of the early morning hours watching movies until they fell asleep.
​Hours later once everyone was up and ready, as promised, Sharae washed and dried Alisha's hair before they began their day starting with the Aspen Snowmass. They headed to the beautiful mountains and rented some gear for skiing, which was a first for all of them; one thing off of Alisha's bucket list. Everyone started off with the baby slopes except for Jodi and Alisha who were both adrenaline junkies and thrived off of being spontaneous. Once everyone was geared up and ready to go, the group separated; Sharae, Charlie, Angel and Adonis did a few laps up and down the baby slopes until they were comfortable to try the intimidating slopes with Jodi and Alisha. After a few falls and almost running into trees, Alisha was getting the hang of the slopes and motivated Sharae to try it. Their guide and instructor cautioned them on the dangers of the slope and warned everyone to be safe and take their time. If they were not comfortable then they should not try the bigger slopes and stay in the baby slope section but the entire group felt that they were ready and enjoyed the day skiing up and down the slopes. Once everyone had settled and wore out from the slopes they decided to return their equipment and see what else Aspen had to offer. It was Alisha's day and their entire day was revolved around her who was fine just going with the flow but she was ready to eat and party. Back at the suite, Charlie and Angel fixed her favorite dish of seafood Parmesan that was packed with lobster meat, crabmeat, jumbo shrimp and oysters. Alisha was seated at the head of the table while everyone was seated around her enjoying the food and drinking a glass of Pinot Grigio. Charlie stood up wanting to say a few words to her cousin:
"I just want to let everyone know how important this woman is to me. We been through a lot growing up together although you spent most of your years in juvi acting a damn fool but you made something of yourself and that's all that matters. So I wanna tell you how proud I am of you and that I love you and happy birthday!" she raised her glass and took a drink.
"Oh and we have something for you too Sha," Angel said as she disappeared into their bedroom then came back out holding a glass plaque that was shaped like a heart.
"It says, you've been more than just a cousin but a sister from the start, but the friendship we share is a gift from the heart. We love you! Love Always, Charlie & Angel," Angel read as she gave the plaque to Alisha who couldn't stop smiling as she gave both Angel and her cousin a kiss and a hug.
"You guys are amazing thank you," she said.
"I got something to say," Jodi said as she stood up. Once Alisha was sitting back down and after admiring the beautiful sentimental gift from her cousin she was all ears.
"So we've known each other a little over a decade now and you've been one of the realist, most genuine motherfuckas I ever had the pleasure of calling a friend. Whenever I need you, you got me and vice versa. Even when I don't even know I need your ass, you there. Loyal to another level and I ain't try'na bite off Charlie but you're more than a friend, you're more like family man, for real. I don't fuck with too many people but you... nigga our bond is something serious and I would never trade it for the world. I love you Sha and appreciate you for being you and not allowing anything to change you or our friendship.... So I got you a little something too," Jodi said as she went into her room and then came out with a frame that read:
"I smile because you're my best friend. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it! Love, Jo Jo."
There was a clear bottle with a smiley face in the middle of the frame. She gave it to Alisha and they shared a pound and told one another they loved one another and appreciated one another.
"Aiight... ya'll try'na make a nigga look soft and start crying and shit," Alisha teased although she was very appreciative. Next was Adonis who also had a framed friend sentimental gift that read:
"Friendship is like pissing your pants! Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth. Thank you for being piss in my pants!"
Everyone got a kick and a good laugh out of Adonis' gift. Last but definitely not least was Sharae who went to their master bedroom and got the box that was in her luggage in which she packed very carefully for Alisha.
"Now how am I gonna follow up with all of that?" she said as she smiled holding her box and Alisha's full attention was on her.
"You ain't have to get to me anything baby," she said.
"I know that... but I wanted to..." Sharae said as she handed the perfectly wrapped box to Alisha who opened it and smiled at the sight of her gift.
"Wishing you nothing but good fortune with your future move to the Big Apple as well as success. Also, with this big move I wish you freedom from indistinctness and ambiguity. It can get real cloudy without clarity and protecting your energy. Lastly, seeing and being around all the love surrounding you makes me love you even more and I'm glad to have someone like you in my life. I love you and Happy Birthday!" Sharae said as she shared a kiss with Alisha before sitting down beside her.
"Thank you baby... these are beautiful. All of these gifts are beautiful and I can't wait to move into my crib and surround myself with your gifts as a reminder of how blessed I am to have all of you in my life, fo'real," Alisha said.
"Here, here," Adonis said as he raised his glass and everyone else did the same and clinked their glasses together before sipping.
"I have something else in store for you but that's for later," Sharae leaned over to whisper in Alisha's ear.
"I want it now tho," Alisha said as she squeezed Sharae's thigh under the table.
"Later baby... I got you," Sharae said as she winked.
"So we got a couple of hours until the limo picks us up..." Charlie said.
"I'm ready for some cake since this nigga ain't even let me enjoy my own cake this morning!" Alisha said giving Jodi the middle finger who gave it to her right back.
"I got you Sha," Charlie said as she went into the kitchen and took the Oreo Cheesecake from out of the refrigerator. She asked if anyone else wanted a piece and everyone did since Charlie was good at cooking and baking. She cut a piece for everyone then returned to the dining table. Once everyone was satisfied and Angel made it clear that no sleep was allowed on this day; Adonis connected his iPhone to the AUX in the living room and Tinashe's Party Favors featuring Young Thug began to blast through the sound system.
"I called the limousine service to have for the rest of the night... so he'll be here in a couple of hours," Jodi said to everyone.
"Okay cool... more than enough time," Alisha said smiling at Sharae.
"You two... don't start nothing and have us out here waiting all night!" Tori said already knowing what the look on Alisha's face meant. Sharae went to help Charlie and Angel with the dishes although they declined her help at first but she insisted.
"It's my birthday tho!" Alisha said.
"We know it's your birthday but the day is still young... ya'll have time for whatever dirty thoughts you wanna put into play," Angel said.
"Aiight," was all Alisha said as she went into the bedroom to get her outfit ready for the evening festivities.
​The first stop of the evening was Bootsy Bellows, which was a night club. Alisha along with her friends, cousin and Sharae were all dressed in black and gold as requested by Alisha since those were her favorite colors. No sneakers or jeans were allowed and she wanted to uphold her grown and sexy persona; switching it up when necessary. It took everything within her not to take the dress Sharae was wearing off earlier while they were getting ready. It took a while for Sharae to slick all of her thick hair back into a neat bun that Alisha had to help her, which she had no problem with. She wore a black geometric gold side spaghetti strapped bodycon midi dress that accentuated her curves and made her cleavage very attractive; gold spaghetti strapped shoes were on her feet and a black clutch was in her hand as well as gold dangling earrings that rested on her shoulders. If they weren't on a schedule as far as the limousine service, Alisha wanted to ravish her right there in their bedroom floor and Sharae knew this. Anticipation was everything, she knew that the longer Alisha waited; the better her loving would be and she also had a little something in store for her when they returned to their suite. Alisha wore a casual premium long sleeve gold and black blazer with golden floral patterns that accentuated the back and front. Since her blazer was a dope fashion statement in itself, she completed her outfit with a black V-neck shirt, black pant with a gold belt and Christian Louboutin Pik Boat Flats. Inside of the nightclub was glamorous, with a live band on stage and a huge chandelier that took up the entire ceiling. Cream colored, leather vintage sofas aligned the walls of the entire club and throughout were different sections of velvet sofas accompanied with a table in the middle. The walls of the club looked like a massive, comfortable headboard with its different patterns embroidered throughout the club and the bar was massive and took up half of the club that which was pretty lit. Alisha and her crew had their own section off to the side of the club where there were bottles of champagne. Sharae sat real close to Alisha while Alisha's hands were cuffed under her right butt cheek. She began feeling on her butt and realized that she wasn't wearing any panties. Sharae looked over at her and winked as everyone else began to fill in around the sofa, ready to pop bottles and have a good time.
​"This next song is dedicated to Sha and her crew! Happy Birthday Sha, this one's for you!" the lead band members said into the microphone from the stage as they began to sing Crimson and Clover originally by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts which was Alisha's favorite band.
"Ah... now I don't hardly know her, but I think I could love her. Crimson and clover..." the entire club sang along to the lyrics of the classic Rock N' Roll song. Alisha and Sharae got up and sang along to be closer to the band on the dance floor and Alisha was surprised yet pleased that Sharae was also singing along.
"Yeah! I'm not such a sweet thing. I wanna do everything. What a beautiful feeling. Crimson and clover, over and over," the band continued to play and sing then ended with a solo from the lead guitarist. Once they were done, a few bartenders came out with bottles sparkling from the top and a three layered black and gold cake that read: Happy Birthday Sha! Everyone joined in singing the Happy Birthday song and once again Alisha made another wish before blowing out the candles without Jodi smashing her face into the cake this time.
"Ya'll ready to party?! Let's get live!" The DJ shouted from the booth as he began to mix a few of Alisha's favorite old school songs courtesy of Charlie and Jodi. They put in a special request just for the night in order to make Alisha's birthday as memorable as possible. The night continued with checking out mostly all of the nightlife that Aspen had to offer. Everything began to shut down by two am which was foreign to everyone since they were used to partying until the sun came up, but they had a great time nonetheless. It was well after two in the morning by the time their limousine pulled back up to their residence. Wasted, turned up and ready to continue the party, everyone exited the limousine with bottles as courtesy of the limousine service before entering the suite.
"Man what a night!" Adonis said.
"What a day!" Jodi said.
"Thank ya'll so much for everything. This was definitely one of the best birthdays that I will never forget!" Alisha said as she removed her vest and shoes.
"Don't mention it Sha," Angel said.
"I will see all of you in the morning... it's been a great time being here and spending time with all of you," Sharae said as she gave everyone hugs and kisses before retiring to the bedroom. She wanted to get a head start on Alisha so that she can shower and change as quickly as possible for the surprise that she had in store for her. Everyone was scheduled to catch a late afternoon flight the following day in order to have the rest of the day in Aspen to pack and chill.
"I like her... seems like she has a good head on her shoulders," Charlie said to her cousin.
"And she's definitely crazy about you," Angel added.
"Yeah she's pretty dope," Alisha agreed.
"Well, we don't wanna hold you up... this is your last night with Rae so make it count plus it's technically still your birthday," Charlie said as she winked at her cousin and gave her a kiss on her cheek.
"You already know," Alisha said as she went into the refrigerator and grabbed the strawberries and whipped cream that Jodi picked up for her the day before. She got a couple of bowls from out of the cabinet and began to wash the strawberries thoroughly in the sink. Once she was satisfied with cleaning the fruit she put them in one bowl and emptied half of the contents of the whipped cream into another bowl before going into the master bedroom. Sharae was still in the bathroom with the door closed and locked. Alisha set down the bowls next to the nightstand and connected her iPhone to her Bluetooth that was on the opposite end of the nightstand. When she glanced at her cell phone she saw a few text messages from Kori and when she opened the thread, she regretted it. There was Kori wearing nothing but her tattoos in different sexual positions and playing with her bare pussy.
"Fuck me," Alisha said to herself as she deleted the photographs and set her phone back down after putting on her playlist at a decent volume. She tried to enter the bathroom but the door was locked.
"Babe... what'chu doing in there?" she asked as she knocked a couple of times.
"I'll be out in a minute," Sharae said calmly for she was almost done putting on Alisha's gift. Alisha decided to undress and get comfortable which meant wearing nothing at all as she waited patiently for Sharae to join her. While she was seated on the edge of the bed sitting across from the entrance of the bathroom door, it opened and Sharae came out looking as edible as ever.
"Got damn," Alisha said as she couldn't take her eyes off of Sharae who stood there smiling and spun around for her to get the full visual of her lingerie.
"Strawberries and whipped cream huh?" Sharae noticed the contents on the nightstand as she walked towards Alisha and stopped right when both of her legs were between hers and Alisha was face to face with her stomach. Her hands began to caress and explore up and down her toned, silky legs then cuffed her ass. Sharae looked down at her as she began to run her fingers through her long locks. She grabbed them and pulled her head back so that she was able to kiss Alisha's soft lips. As they were getting into it, Alisha tried to grab both of Sharae's legs and lift them up but Sharae wouldn't let her. Instead she grabbed Alisha's arms and forced her to lay down on the bed then climbed on top of her; kissing her passionately. She sat up and grabbed a strawberry, dipped it in some whipped cream then fed it to Alisha. After feeding her the strawberry, she kissed her some more to taste the sweetness of not only her lips but of the residue of the fruit. Sharae then got another strawberry and put it between her lips then fed it to Alisha who began to suck and lick the tip real slow until her lips met with Sharae's.
"Don't you act like you don't know me, yeah. Think about me when you're lonely. You're so crazy, how you came to me..." the sensual lyrics off of Tinashe's Spacetime began to fill up the room. Sharae slowly got up from Alisha who was now sitting up to see what her next move was going to be. Sharae began to move her body sensually to the music, allowing for the lyrics to stimulate her mind and the music to stimulate the curves of her body. Moving slow and in rhythm, her eyes never left Alisha's whose eyes were captivated by hers. Sharae slowly turned around so that her back was now facing Alisha and bent all the way over with her legs spread close to a split while she grabbed both of her ankles. She slowing brought her upper body back up while her head was turned to maintain the intense eye contact that she had with Alisha. Then she got down on all fours and arched her back as she snaked her upper body up and began to slowly crawl towards Alisha who smiled. Once she was close enough to Alisha she raised her upper body up positioning her hands on the top of Alisha's upper thigh to level her body and continued to wind her torso while she and Alisha were eye to eye; nose to nose; lips to lips but barely touching. An intense, invisible body of energy between them pulling them closer and closer to one another as Alisha's hands found their way to the back of Sharae's lingerie piece and she unclipped it causing for some of the material to reveal her perky breasts. Sharae smiled but did not stop her nor did she stop moving her body to the song...
"Underneath the sapphire sky, lost tonight a piece of mind. Caught up in the moment, I... I'm floating somewhere off in spacetime..." the song continued to play adding intensity to an already high vibe between two bodies; two souls; two hearts; two minds; intertwining with one another. Their bodies and eyes said everything that was needed and necessary to say in the moment. This very moment was all that mattered and in this very moment was when their lips finally met with another after what felt like ages. Alisha wrapped her arms tightly around Sharae's slim waist as she began to tease her left nipple that was now between her lips.
"I want you to fuck me," Sharae said through her moans as she brought Alisha's face up to hers since she was now straddled on top of her.
"However you want it I got you," Alisha said.
"You promise?"
"Yeah... I got you," Alisha said and that's when Sharae got up from her and went back into the bathroom. When she returned she was holding a Fetish Fantasy vibrating nine inch hollow strap-on in tan which she had purchased a few weeks ago and didn't plan on using it until Alisha was back in New York for good. Since she was with her now, she figured no better time than now and she wanted it bad, real bad. So bad that her pussy was aching for it just thinking about Alisha fucking her with this massive real-life dildo that was accompanied with a harness.
"You sure?" Alisha asked as she raised an eyebrow at Sharae.
"I'm sure," Sharae said. Although Alisha was more turned on than ever, she was not expecting this from Sharae because she didn't come off to be the type of lesbian who took the strap on the regular and she was right. She stood up and took the sex toy from Sharae while looking her into her eyes and said:
"Have you ever had sex with a dildo before?"
Sharae lowered her eyes before answering.
"No," she confessed.
"Never... male or female?"
"I've only slept with women and no I haven't," Sharae said looking up at Alisha whose stare didn't break once their eyes met. She saw the seriousness in her face and read the truth from her eyes. Sharae was indeed a virgin when it pertained to that. She wanted to ask why, but figured that would be corny especially at such an intense moment like this.
"Okay babe," was all she said as she proceeded to the bathroom to put on the strap on that was accompanied with a vibrator on the inside for her pleasure as well. When she returned to the bedroom, Sharae was spread across the king sized bed playing with her pussy and grinding her hips in circles. The view was tantalizing for Alisha as she made her way to Sharae by getting on top of her; slowly kissing her lips. She then proceeded to remove the remainder of the lingerie until Sharae was fully naked in her purest form although she was about to succumb to a dirty event that was sure to leave her body begging for more. Her legs were now on Alisha's shoulders as her face was between her thighs ready to divulge in her free flowing juices. Sharae was so aroused, wet and turned on that the sight of Alisha's face between her thighs was bound to make her cum. Alisha's hands were teasing at her nipples gently and Sharae took her fingers and began to suck them as her tongue began to lick and please her clit.
"I want you inside of me... I need you inside of me," Sharae moaned as Alisha's tongue was pleasing her so good that she had to fight the urge of her body wanting to climax right then and there. Hearing those words escape from Sharae's pretty lips caused butterflies in Alisha's stomach as she positioned herself on top of her with her legs spread open. They shared a kiss as Alisha positioned the head of the massive dildo inside of Sharae... slowly... Sharae let out a moan as her hands were now palmed on Alisha's ass wanting her to go deeper and motivating her not to be scared because she wasn't. All she felt was pleasure and passion and desire for her to fuck the shit out of her so good that it would put her to sleep. Eyes slightly closed, lustful stares and kisses as Alisha guided herself all the way inside of Sharae who arched her back wanting more. Alisha obliged, following the reaction of Sharae's body beneath her as her spine began to shiver. Getting a good rhythm of slow strokes at first as Sharae urged her to go deeper and faster. Alisha following the bodily commands of her lover turning her on, and the fact that the dildo was vibrating with an extra plug for pleasure on the inside made the experience all the more better. As they were getting into it and their fingers were interlocked with one another, Sharae surprised Alisha by turning her over with the dildo still inside of her so that she was now on top. Sharae grinded on top of her with the dildo deep inside of her walls, tickling her g-spot as she rocked back and forth causing for the vibration inside of the strap-on to be more intense. Alisha sat up in the bed with Sharae still on top of her as she wrapped her arms around her. Sharae's hands were on Alisha's face as their tongues explored one another's as if it were the first time.
"You feel so good baby," Sharae moaned in her ear as her hands moved to Alisha's back and she dug her nails into her back causing pain but Alisha didn't mind. She encouraged and loved that shit and it felt like she was going to have scars from the scratches of pleasure as she met Sharae with her every thrust; going harder every time. Sharae's moans increased in volume as Alisha's began to match hers and they rocked in the bed back and forth as Alisha made her way back on top Sharae. This time, she held her ankles up and spread her legs further apart while taking long, deep strokes in and out of her tight walls. Sharae's hands held onto the back of Alisha's neck while their eyes were locked in one another. Feeling deeper than the physical: far more in depth than the explainable...
"Boy you know I don't get naughty for anybody. I won't say it again. Even though this ain't the first time. I tell you one time. I ain't gon' say it again..." Say It Again by H.E.R. was playing in the background while every stroke that Alisha gave, Sharae not only received it but also met her rhythm while her legs were now resting on her strong shoulders. Alisha's chest was pressed against Sharae's as her hands had a firm grip on her curly, thick hair and they continued to kiss slowly. Sharae didn't even have to verbally let Alisha know that she was close to climax, she could feel her body below her about to reach her peak which in turn caused for her to be close to climax as well. Like a domino effect, ripples in the water, cause and effect; when two people share a connection that goes below the depths of the norm. Multi-dimensional attraction where words aren't needed and when words are said... Far more spontaneous than the generic conversations in passing. When two people connect on different levels that stimulate different senses; the physical finally meeting one another in sexual gratification only adds onto the aroused mental which causes an overflow of pleasure that the body is able to release. It wasn't long after Sharae's climax which signaled Alisha's mental, and stimulated the nerves throughout her body causing for her to climax as well. Both ladies fell asleep in complete satisfaction as Alisha thought to herself that Sharae had one of the purest gifts on her birthday. Although they had crossed the physical boundary of their relationship before, this was different; in a sense Sharae was giving herself completely to Alisha and she felt a great deal of responsibility and pride behind that... Wrapped up in one another's arms they fell into a deep sleep of pure bliss. This would be their last night together until Alisha made the big move to New York City.
​"So did you have a good time?" Shelly asked Sharae. It was now late Sunday night; going on Monday morning. She had just picked her up from the airport and were on their way back to Harlem.
"I had an amazing time," Sharae said as she checked the time and texted Alisha informing her that she was on her way home although her flight was scheduled to get into Miami super late in the morning since she had a huge layover in Charlotte, North Carolina.
"That's great baby... well we missed you," Shelly said.
"I missed you guys too although to be honest, the weekend went by too fast for my liking," Sharae said as she began to recap the entire weekend from the moment she touched down and was in Alisha's arms to the moment she hugged her goodbye and boarded the plane.
"Tell me about it... your Godfather and I checked out this swingers spot last night," Shelly said. Sharae raised her eyebrows, as her eyes got real big. She remembered Shelly wanting to spice things up in the bedroom and she also remembered her talking about a swingers club.
"Word? How was it?"
"It was pretty interesting...." Shelly said as she began to blush.
"So... c'mon you can't drop a bomb like that on me and then get all shy!" Sharae teased.
"Okay. Okay, so basically Adam was a little skeptical at first when I brought the topic up but I urged him to just try it before he knocked it. We only went to check the place out and met a pretty interesting couple..."
"So what was it like... were there people having sex out in the open and is there a screening?"
"Of course there's a screening or we would not have gone. They have private events specifically for orgys and such and things of that nature. This time was pretty chill, although they have private rooms in case couples would like to experiment with their sexual chemistry right then and there," Shelly said.
"That sounds really interesting... so nothing happened?"
"Not yet... not there at least, but a lot happened last night in the privacy of our own home. We'll be going back next weekend and shared contact numbers with the couple we met. Adam loves it when I make out with another woman," Shelly said as she parked her car in front of the brownstone, turned off the engine and got out. She helped Sharae with her luggage as they made their way to the front door. Sharae got an incoming text from Alisha:
"I got another hour left here before I board... are you home yet?"
"Yea, we just got home... I miss you."
"I miss you too... go ahead and get some rest though... I know you tired."
"Me being tired has nothing to do with me staying up until you're home safe."
"You sound like me right now lol."
"What kinda gf would I be sleeping peacefully not knowing if my gf made it home safely or not..."
"Word. I definitely feel you on that."
"So you're up, I'm up as well. Besides catching up with Shelly anyways so I'll be up for a while."
Once Shelly and Sharae were in the house it was clear that Maliah was home with company in the kitchen area.
"Your Godfather is out with the guys so he should be in later on tonight... who's in my house though?" Shelly asked as she proceeded to the kitchen and Sharae was close behind to find Maliah sitting with a beautiful stranger and chatting it up like they were best friends.
"Hey Shelly, hey Rae... this is a new friend of mine who will be moving here from Miami in the next couple of months," Maliah said.
"Kori... nice to you..." Kori said as she stood up to shake both Shelly and Sharae's hand and she sized Sharae up to see what she was working with.
"Hi nice to meet you too," Sharae said oblivious to the fact that she was face to face with Alisha's ex-girlfriend.
"Seems like everyone is leaving Miami to come to the Big Apple! Rae's girlfriend will be moving out here in the next couple of months as well," Shelly commented.
"Is that right?" Kori asked slyly as she raised an eyebrow at Sharae who was too busy on her phone texting Alisha. She had never seen Kori before so she had no clue of who the woman was except for the fact that she was now a friend of Maliah.
"How was Aspen Rae?" Maliah asked also not knowing that Kori was the ex-girlfriend of her God sister's newfound lover.
"It was beautiful... I had a great time," Sharae said as she pulled a seat up next to Kori who could not stop looking at her every once in a while, trying her best to not be obvious or make it known that she was fuming inside. She had no idea that Sharae accompanied Alisha on her birthday trip that her friends had been planning for months. According to Alisha, before she even set foot on New York Concrete a couple of months ago, she made it clear that the trip was just going to be her and her friends having a good time and enjoying one another, so she didn't even ask if she can join her. This was of course when they were on better terms, and before Sharae came into the picture. She thought it was crazy how she only knew this girl a couple of months, but had already been introduced to the people who meant so much to Alisha; jealousy was an understatement.
"I've always wanted to go to Aspen..." was all she said.
"I hear a little accent there, where are you from?" Shelly asked.
"Trinidad... my dad is from Trinidad and my mom is Dominican," Kori said.
"Very nice... so how long will you be here in New York?"
"Well, I came to look for work before my move of course and while job searching I ran into Maliah at one of the clubs and we hit it off from there. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning but I'll definitely be back," Kori said.
"Yeah my boss loves her already..." Maliah commented as she winked at Kori. All four of the ladies continued to talk for a few minutes or so and then Kori decided to call it a night and head back to her hotel in the lower eastside.
"Please do not do that again Maliah," Shelly said as soon as Kori had left.
"Do what?"
"Bring strangers into my home. I don't know her and neither do you," Shelly said calmly although she was highly upset. This was one of the reasons she did not like her stepdaughter staying with them because she would always bring some type of shit to their home and peace of mind. It didn't matter how old she was; she just didn't get it nor understand common courtesy and etiquette.
"It's not that serious Shelly," Maliah said as she walked off and went upstairs to the guest room and shut the door.
"That was kinda weird," Sharae said as she continued to text Alisha.
"That chick had weird vibes."
"You think so?"
"I know so," Shelly said.
​"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Alisha could barely contain her anger on the phone at the text message she just received from Kori. Kori was able to snap a picture of the side of Sharae's face while she was on her phone earlier in the home of Alisha's girlfriend. Along with the picture was a message that read:
"She's very pretty... I see your taste hasn't dwindled."
Alisha wasted no time calling her crazy ass up to curse her out; wishing that she was in New York City at this very moment, but instead she would be boarding in about twenty minutes. Jodi was seated beside her, listening to her end of the conversation in complete shock.
"I don't understand your question," Kori said calmly as she was smiling on the other end of the phone. This entire time she tried to get in contact with Alisha and it took her taking extreme measures that involved her love interest for her to finally respond to her; mission accomplished.
"Kori... don't fuckin' play with me. I know what you're up to and it won't work," Alisha said.
"Well, looks like you'll be seeing a whole lot of me. Your little girlfriends God sister and I are practically besties which means... I will be coming around more often," Kori said confidently. Alisha rolled her eyes and shook her head as she placed the palm of her free hand on her forehead and closed her eyes. She wanted to come through the phone and choke the shit out of Kori.
"Why won't you just move the fuck on and leave me alone like any other chick would? What the fuck is wrong with you?" she asked.
"I'm not like any other chick... you failed to see that so now I have to make you see..."
"What the fuck is that supposed to mean Kori? What is your point?"
"I told you I love you. I've showed you that I want you and only you, yet and still you choose her over me? A little girl over a woman?"
"She's not a little girl and more woman than you'll ever be."
There was silence on the other end of the line as Alisha had struck a nerve with Kori.
"We'll see about that," Kori said as she hung up. Alisha was so mad that she threw her phone on the floor so hard that the glass protection shield shattered.
"Yo... what the fuck is going on man?" Jodi asked as she picked up Alisha's phone from the floor and handed it to her. Alisha said nothing as she went to her text messaging thread and the flight agents announced which sections of the plane would be boarding first. Jodi and Alisha flew first class both ways so they gathered their carry-on bags and headed to the priority line.
"Sha Sha," Jodi repeated but Alisha still said nothing. She simply sent a sweet message to Sharae letting her know that they were about to board.
"Yo..." Jodi said again.
"Wassup?" Alisha said calmly... too calmly.
"You aiight?"
"Nah... but I will be."
"Don't do nothing crazy man... I haven't seen you like this since the night before you caused that riot at juvi," Jodi said referring to the time a couple of other juvenile delinquents tried to punk Alisha back when they were teenagers. She said nothing and held her composure, but there was a burning and violent rage inside of her that she never wanted to rise to the surface again. That was until she received that picture from her ex-girlfriend, just thinking about it made her want to punch something or someone; preferably Kori. She had never put her hands on Kori or any woman she had been with but the way she was feeling at this moment made her completely understand why at times some women got punched in their damn face.
"I'm aiight," was all Alisha said as they boarded the plane. Once inside they set their things in the overhead cubby then sat in their spacious seats. Alisha wasted no time turning her phone to airplane mode and putting on her wireless Beats by Dre headphones so that she could get lost in her music. Jodi, knowing her friend very well just left the topic alone and did the same, when she was ready to purge and talk about the conversation that she had with Kori; she would.
​This type of connection may come off foreign to some. Some may say that they understand when in reality they do not. Not realizing that it's the little things that count and being a loyal and attentive girlfriend does not qualify you for an award; that's the way you're supposed to be on a daily basis. Consistency and communication is key in all relationships; especially romantic ones. Consistency with the communication regardless of what shape or form it is. This connection is proof that when it pertains to love; true love, pride is out of the window. When I speak of pride I speak of not caring to be pressed for your girlfriend or the person you claim to love. I speak of showing love on a consistent basis regardless of distance. I speak of effort that speaks volumes and goes a long way in regards to a relationship. I speak of making the time to be there and showing that you want to be there. I speak of ensuring the safety of your lover regardless if you are present or not. I speak of honesty, loyalty and courage to fall knowing that the recipient will indeed catch you. I speak of all these things to make a point; a valid point in love and happiness. So once again, this connection may come off foreign or not real. It is very real but the problem with most people is that they fail to put in the effort to get the results of a true love. They grow lazy and complacent within their version of love; believing that love is the only thing that will keep all things together. That is not the case, when involved with someone; they become your partner in everything and through everything. Solid as a rock that may be a little rough around the edges but its these edges that make the person all the more beautiful. When in a relationship, the person should always be a priority regardless of what is going on: distance, school, work, internal/external problems, when you have a partner it is that person who will lift you up when you are down. It is that person who will have your back, your front and both sides; ensuring that you're good at all times. When you're not good, it is that person who will be there to hear you out and know that although things may not be good at the moment, they will be there until the end; through thick and thin, through good times and bad times. People who are only around during the good times are fake. People who are only around during the bad times are fake as well. There is no in-between, but people will use you to their fullest advantage; that's just human nature. The point is that if they are using you in a way that you allow and vice versa and both parties are receiving the same amount, if not more, of happiness, peace, bliss, understanding and love then that is a good deal. Many often mistake relationships as a 50/50 deal when that should not be the case. The reason behind that is because prior to being in a relationship, you should be in a relationship and whole with yourself which sums up to 100. When another individual reaches their full 100, they are able to give that to their lover without becoming deficient in their emotional love tank. This is a love unlike another because it comes off that both parties are able to give their 100 without feeling as if they are receiving the short end of the stick or that they are being played and not appreciated. 100/100 give or take is not the impossible when someone is on the same wavelength as the other and are complete within themselves and emotionally mature. This does not guarantee a conflict free relationship, but it does guarantee a deeper connection that will withstand all conflict and resolve it in healthy ways that encourage the bond to be stronger.
​It had been a couple of weeks since Alisha's birthday weekend and the drama that transpired between her and Kori. However, that did not change how she communicated with Sharae although she had yet to tell her what happened the night she was heading back home. A conversation like that she needed to have face to face and at the perfect time. Aside from meditation, music and going for walks with Blu she had a passion for art. This passion for art was an outlet she self-learned at the age of nine and became great at it. Majority of the pieces she created were in storage until she made her move to New York City. On this particular evening after work she headed over to an art residency studio that she rented for a few years at The Fountainhead Studios. Jodi and her close friends to include Charlie were the only people who knew about her hidden passion that she held very dear to her heart. Entering the studio eased her heart and mind as she already had a piece in her mind since the day she laid eyes on Sharae. She texted Sharae and told her that she was working on something and that she would call her later before putting her phone on silent and going to her iTunes. Music was everything when creating masterpieces; it helped to assist the flow of things. She searched for Emeli Sande; Long Live the Angels (Deluxe) album then connected her head phones and put them on her head prepared to listen to the entire album over and over while she closed her eyes for her mental visual. Once her hands were in tune with her mental, she made herself comfortable as she proceeded to start another acrylic painting on her canvas. Starting with a preparatory drawing done with pencil as she outlined the curves and outlines of her mental muse; the shape, size of her face, eyes and lips then onto dramatizing her long, thick hair. Accompanied with her were the acrylic gesso which was going to be used to prime the canvas, she prepared it with several coats of acrylic gesso; sanding the image smoothly before she began to apply the tubes of acrylic paint in order to create the perfect surface. Her acrylic paint was in all shades of brown in order to get the perfect complexion for the face and then shades of black for the hair. She planned to set flames in the background in warm orange and red tones to symbolize how the portrait made her feel as she continued to do what she did best and that was create art.
​It had only been a couple of hours since Alisha started on the portrait and she was close to done. She used slow and gentle strokes every time the brush touched the canvas which made her mental visual come to life. She tilted her head from the left then to the right, taking in her creation and adding little finishing touches here and there. She thought for a moment then decided that she was going to title this piece "Inamorata" which means a woman who loves or is loved. Once satisfied with her piece she gathered her things together, put the materials back, removed her headphones and turned them off then turned the volume back up on her iPhone. She called Sharae as promised when she got into her Chevrolet Black Diamond Avalanche; connecting her to the Bluetooth as she pulled off and headed back to Jodi's crib:
"Hey babe!" Sharae was always excited to hear from Alisha regardless of how often and how much they talked; her reaction always remained the same.
"Hey baby what you doing?"
"Actually just got home from the shop... where you been?"
"I was in the studio... working on a portrait for you," Alisha said nonchalantly like it wasn't a big deal.
"Wait... you paint?"
"Yes I paint," Alisha said as she smiled and could hear Sharae smiling on the other end as well.
"Well that's awesome... how come you never mentioned it until now?"
"I don't know... it's just something I do from time to time. I got the idea of what it was I wanted to paint the first time I saw you to be honest... I finally got around to it."
"How long have you been painting babe?"
"Since I was a kid."
"Were your parents artists as well?"
"Nah it's just something that I learned on my own just messing around one day in art class... I realized that I had a passion for mixing different shades and creating anything that I wanted that people enjoy seeing."
"Definitely sounds like a passion that I can't wait to see for myself."
"You'll see soon enough... when I come back for good, I'll have it for you."
"Is it finished?"
"Of course it's finished."
"Wow, you finished an entire portrait in a day!"
Alisha chuckled because she thought it was cute how interested Sharae was about something she loved and had loved for a very long time.
"Yes it's complete. I shut everything out and just be gone... my heart was set on finishing tonight," she said.
"That's so dope! What other hidden talents have you been keeping from me?"
"Mmm... you'll be sure to find out in due time."
"You're such a tease!"
"Only for you baby."
Alisha and Sharae continued to talk on her drive to Jodi's crib; how their day was, if their day wasn't so great, what could've made it better even for a little while. What was hard about their day if anything and what could've made it easier even by a little bit. What were they thankful for on this specific day which was something that they talked about on a weekly if not every other day basis for it was so easy to get caught up in worldly things to miss the things that people so often take for granted; such as the sky, the trees that give us oxygen to breathe; the fact that we wake up every morning and are able to use our limbs without any issues. The fact that we have a roof over our head, clothes on our back and food on the table and most importantly that no matter what, we are all surrounded by love; whether it's a friendship, family, lover or pet. We are surrounded by love for we are love when the heart is at its purest form.
"Wassup Rae!" Jodi said when Alisha came through the door locking it behind her since she was still on the phone. Blu was so excited to see her, it didn't matter for how many minutes, hours or days she was away from him; his reaction was the same. At times he would get so excited that he would pee himself such as this moment.
"She said Wassup Jo Jo," Alisha relayed the message to her best friend who was in the living room playing Uncharted 4: A Thief's End on her PlayStation 4 which was an action adventure game. She went into the kitchen to grab a paper towel along with some wood floor cleaner to clean the mess that Blu made due to his excitement.
"I'm a take a shower and settle in and I'll hit you back in a few aiight babe?" Alisha said into the phone.
"Okay, I'm a do the same as well."
"I love you."
"I love you too," Sharae said before they both hung up.
"How was the studio?" Jodi asked her best friend.
"Very therapeutic... you took lil' man out?" Alisha asked referring to Blu.
"Yeah I took him out about an hour ago," Jodi said while her eyes remained focused on the game.
"Aiight cool," Alisha said as she headed to the bathroom to get herself settled in.
"Yo Sha Sha!" Jodi called out as she paused her game for a moment.
"Wassup?" Alisha came from out of the bathroom as she was removing her t-shirt.
"Heard from Kori recently?"
"Nah... have you?"
"Nah."
"Let's hope it stays that way," Alisha said as she went back into the bathroom and shut the door to take a shower.
​Although Kori had been very quiet, she denied the offer she made with the realtor in Miami and closed in on a spacious loft apartment in the heart of Manhattan, not far from Larry Flynt's Hustler Club, which was the same club that Maliah worked at and where they met. Kori's entire motto was money talks and bullshit walks and when you had a lot of money such as she, you can make anything happen and get just about anything you wanted. She only returned to Miami briefly to schedule all of her things to be shipped to her brand new lavish apartment overlooking the beautiful New York City skyline. She broke out of the lease she shared with Alisha and paid the extra fee since it was under thirty days' notice then hopped on the next flight to New York City. Once in New York City, she had her keys in hand and got comfortable in her new place of residence. Her things would arrive the following day and she had so much space that she decided to start off fresh and sell most of her furniture for a profit since majority of it was basically new. Although they were covered with the memories that she and Alisha shared over the years, she was looking forward to making some new ones with her. She was also looking forward to getting to know Maliah a little better. Aside from the obvious and getting closer to Maliah and try her best to eliminate Sharae, Maliah was a very fine woman who was nice on the eyes. Kori thought that she could kill two birds with one stone while getting some sexual stimulation in the mix. Maliah came off as the type so she decided to call her to see what she was doing.
"Hello?" Maliah answered the phone and it sounded like there was a lot going on in the background.
"Wassup I'm back in the city for good... what you doing?" Kori asked as she sipped some on her glass of wine, walking throughout her apartment wearing nothing but her tattoos.
"Damn that was fast as fuck! And I'm over at a homie's crib getting lit, you should come through!"
"Text me the address and I'll be there in an hour," Kori said.
"Aiight girl, see ya later!"
"Later sexy," Kori said as she hung up then went into her bathroom to take a shower and get ready to spend her first night in the city (permanently) turned all the way up.
​Sharae was focused on stacking her paper and the tips she got over the summer. Since she was out of school, she was able to work with Adam in the shop six out of the seven days. Fridays and Saturdays were their busiest. Fridays were appointment only and Saturdays were walk-in only, which was where she made her big tips. She was focused on graduating next year and getting a place of her own that Shelly had been helping her find. Since she had been doing so well and had never caused any issues or drama since she was a teenager; Shelly and Adam were planning on purchasing a vehicle for her but Sharae did not want that. Although she had her license, she did not feel the need to own a vehicle in New York City; it was a waste of money. So Adam and Shelly decided that aside from throwing her a bomb ass graduation party somewhere in the city, they were going to get her started with her apartment when she decided on where it was that she wanted to live as far as first month's rent to include the deposit. Sharae wanted to get everything on her own and prove not only to her family but to herself that she was able to live and survive on her own and by her own terms. She loved living with her Godfather and his wife but she would be twenty-three next year and wanted her own space for the first time in her life.
"Yo who's the baddie that your annoying ass God sister been hanging out with lately?" Trish asked Sharae as they were in her bedroom. Trish decided that she wanted some sexy ass faux locks for the summer and her best friend was the perfect person to do it. As she was seated in front of Sharae's vanity with the tri-fold mirror and bench, Sharae was standing up and parting her hair into neat triangles as she continued to do her hair.
"I don't know but the name does sound familiar though... I think that's the name of Sha's ex-girlfriend," Sharae said nonchalantly.
"You sure that ain't Sha's ex-girlfriend?"
"Girl I don't know."
"Well did she say anything about her ex moving to the city?"
"Oh hell no! She told me she just brought a house out there in Miami..."
"Mmm!" Trish said as she pushed her lips out.
"What?"
"I don't know she seem wild fishy and she always over here... didn't you say she moved here from Miami and didn't you also say that she's a stripper too? Ain't that how she and Maliah met and now she got a job at the Hustler Club and always coming around and shit... You need to look her up! Fuck it, I'll do it!" Trish said as she grabbed her phone and began to look up Larry Flynt's Hustler Club on Instagram going through photographs until she finally came upon one with Kori that she saved then sent it to Sharae's phone.
"Send that shit to Sha right now just to be safe!" she told her best friend and the more she talked the more and more things began to add up to Sharae.
"Trish!"
"What?!"
"You really think that girl is that obsessed that she would move her entire life to New York City over someone else?"
"Shit gets real when feelings are involved... Look at her! Does that look like the type of female who gets shut down on the regular? That bitch ain't slick, I'm onto her ass!" Trish said as her voice began to escalate.
"Alright, alright. You made a valid point. Hold on," Sharae said as she stuck the end of a comb in her friends head and attached the picture of Kori whose stage name was Tasty to a message that read:
"This may come off wild crazy but is this your ex?"
Then she pressed send to Alisha and a minute later her phone was ringing with Alisha's name and face on the screen.
"I fuckin told you!" Trish said as she started clapping her hands and stood up with her hands on her hips.
"Shut up! Sit down... shhh," Sharae said as she answered the phone.
"Unfortunately babe, that's far from being wild crazy... that's Kori," Alisha said on the other end of the phone very calmly.
"What? Babe... tell me you're lying!"
"I wish I was..."
"How long have you known she was in the city?"
Alisha sighed long and hard, mad at herself for not letting Sharae know from jump what the hell was going on. She felt like shit being that her girlfriend had been blindsided for God knows how long.
"Hello?" Sharae asked catching an attitude.
"I'm here babe... listen back when we were in Aspen... Jodi mentioned that..."
"Wait... Aspen?" Sharae was now even more pissed that she knew about this shit the whole time and she was the last person to know.
"Let me just talk aiight?"
"I'm listening," Sharae said although she was fuming on the inside and it didn't help that Trish was in her face mouthing off I told you' s and shaking her head with her hands on her hips while making smart comments in the background. Sharae motioned for her friend to shut up because she wasn't helping and although she was pissed at Alisha, she still wanted to hear her out so she put her anger to the side to hear what she had to say.
"I didn't bring it up then because I wanted to enjoy you and us... I wanted us to have a great weekend and we did... the night that I was on my way home she sent me a picture of you from when she was in your house and I was livid. I wanted to come through the phone so I called her to see what the fuck she was doing and it's no shock that she's crazy. She hasn't hit me up or anything since then and I guess she's there for good since this picture is of the same place that your God sister works at..."
"Why didn't you tell me about the picture she sent of me at least... that was a minute ago and she's been here at the crib on numerous occasions with Maliah," Sharae said. Alisha was fuming when Sharae said that and wanted to hit something yet again but she held her composure.
"Are you serious?" was all she asked.
"Why would I lie?"
"Aiight... listen babe do me a favor please?"
"Why should I do you a favor for keeping shit from me?"
"Because she's crazy and I need you to listen to me aiight?"
Sharae crossed her arms in front of one another as she supported her phone between her ear and shoulder then continued to do her best friends hair.
"I'm listening," she said as she rolled her eyes.
"Don't let her know that you know who she is... she thinks you're oblivious to the situation which is good. Don't do anything but remain vigilant and on point until I get there aiight?" Alisha said in a tone of voice that Sharae was not familiar with. Part of it turned her on and part of it scared the shit out of her so she agreed that she would not let Kori know that she knew who she was.
"She been fuckin wit'chu tho?" Alisha asked.
"Nah not really, she's just always looking at me and shit but I pay her no mind.... Now I know why," Sharae said as she rolled her eyes.
"I'm sorry for bringing you into my bullshit babe for real."
"Listen, don't apologize for that because someone was gonna have to deal with her crazy ass sooner or later. I'm just mad that you kept me in the dark about the shit although I understand why but don't do that shit again!" Sharae said and Alisha heard the seriousness in her voice and agreed that she would keep her in the loop of everything regardless of what it was.
"How I'm a hold you down when I don't know what the fuck is going on?" Sharae asked and she was right.
"Aiight babe. I got you."
"Good... now lemme go so I can finish up on Trish's head... I'll call you later."
"Aiight."
"I love you."
"I love you too," Alisha said as they both hung up and Sharae put her phone down on the vanity.
"I fuckin told your ass!" Trish said.
"How many times you gon' keep telling me that?"
"Until you listen to me... that girl is crazy! Love makes you do some stupid shit... you should know!"
"Fuck you Trish that was low!"
"I'm just being real with you... love will make you leave one state and move to another just because someone you love left..."
"First of all... that's not love... that's obsession... clearly," Sharae said as she shook her head at the thought of all the times Kori had been in her family's house being fake as fuck. She was so mad she wanted to fight her just for disrespecting her and her family like that but she decided not to since she made a promise to Alisha that she intended to keep.
"Whatever you wanna call it!"
"Listen Trish, we can't let Kori know that we know," Sharae said.
"What; why not?"
"Because Sha made me promise that I would lay low until she got here."
"And; that's ya'll business! That ain't got shit to do with me!"
"I'm dead ass Trish... keep a lid on it. Please," Sharae said.
"Aiight... I'll be quiet but I need a date when Sha comes back because I can't hold all of this in for long," Trish said as she folded her arms across one another.
"She'll be back next month... mid next month with Jodi... they're driving up here with Blu," Sharae said.
"Damn... that's a long ass drive! Aiight, I guess I can be good until then... that bitch got a lot of nerve though, coming up in here and smiling in your face when she knows good and damn well who you are!" Trish would not stop going on and on about Kori and how trifling her actions were as she was putting her own pieces together and the more she talked the angrier Sharae became. One thing she could not stand was a trifling woman who could not take no for an answer. She trusted Alisha, but it was this ex-girlfriend that she now had to worry about who she did not trust and if she was crazy enough to move her entire life, who knew what else she had up her sleeve.
​Time is always of the essence in regards to relationships. Time costs nothing and speaks volumes that words cannot hold a light to. How time is spent is also of the essence. There is a distinct difference between spending time with a loved one versus physically being there and mentally being somewhere else. Granted, all people need time to themselves in order to be that greater version of themselves. However, time spent speaks volumes on the long list of priorities. There is no such thing as being "busy" or not making the time for someone that you love. There is no such thing as getting to something later when there is no better moment than the present; living in the moment and living it to the fullest. People fail to realize that sometimes, time spent apart causes more damage than good. When there is a conflict it should be resolved as soon as possible and not a second later. It gives the other party too much time to simmer and think negative thoughts between gaps of time that should've been spent on resolving an issue. The issue with Kori is out of both Alisha and Sharae's control, however, when a couple knows and feels that they are more than just a couple but a team who are in this thing called life together; they become a force to be reckoned with and nothing or no one can come between that force within their own control. It would've been easy for Alisha to retreat and not acknowledge the fact that her ex-girlfriend was indeed planning on moving to New York City. At first, this was the case, for she wanted to wait until she physically got there to have a better handle on the situation. However, that is not the way things played out and although Sharae was upset, a foundation of trust and loyalty was already established which led to a simple resolution to the problem. What is a King without his/her Queen, and in this case, the King is a she and her Queen is there to protect her. Just like in a game of chess; the Queen is indeed the most powerful piece not only in the game but also in life period. How is a Queen supposed to protect her King when she does not know what's going on or the next move that will be made? That is the first step in how to get screwed over by outsiders in life that may come your way. It's a simple formula; many just fail to realize what it is that they have until it's gone.
​It had been a long month and a half before Alisha was finally in the city for good, accompanied with Jodi and Blu. They had driven over twenty hours from Miami all the way to New York City and finally made it. Thankfully, Alisha's things had already been inside of her spacious two-bedroom apartment thanks to the landlord who allowed the movers to move everything inside. Although she had less to do, both she and Jodi were exhausted from the long drive. She would be starting at New York University in a couple of weeks and already had a feel for her schedule. The professors were so generous to have sent the syllabus in advance to all incoming students. She was excited to be starting this new chapter in her life in a new environment and with a new love that stimulated her in all ways another person can stimulate another. She let Sharae know every pit stop, location and event going on from the moment they departed Miami to the moment they made it safely in New York City. Jodi was scheduled to go back to Miami the following week and purchased a one-way flight from JFK to MIA. She wanted to make sure that her best friend was good before she left. Alisha would also be starting the new job that her uncle hooked her up with doing construction for some company in the lower east side that she was looking forward to. Although her schedule would be pretty packed with work, school, assignments and maintaining her Zen, she was more than happy to be so close to Sharae and planned on making her a priority in her schedule no matter what.
"How's the new place?" Sharae asked while she was on Face Time with Alisha who was comfortable in a pair of basketball shorts and a white beater. Jodi and Blu were knocked out in the living room on an air mattress. She just finished walking Blu not too long ago and missed her girlfriend so she called her.
"Pretty cluttered for the time being, but I have a visual of what I want and how I want it to be."
"Lemme see," Sharae said and Alisha began to take her on a quiet, virtual tour of her apartment that had a great New York City view.
"Yeah you can definitely do a lot with that space... so are you gonna make the extra room a studio of some sort; for your craft?"
"How'd you know?"
"Because if I had the space, that's what I would do... I'd love to have my own dance studio in my home. That would be perfect."
"Dually noted," Alisha said to herself as her mind began to think of the future but she quickly snapped back to the present and asked Sharae how things were going over the past few weeks. Although they talked on a daily basis, there were so many things going on and so much that can happen in one day that she wanted to be sure she hadn't missed a beat.
"I'm honestly ready to go back to school myself. Although this break has been nice and I've been stacking my paper for my new place next year."
"Your folks throwing you a graduation party?"
"I don't know why don't you ask them yourself since you're so good at knowing wassup before I even do!"
Alisha smiled and chuckled because she was right as she went into her bedroom. The one thing she did have the energy to do was to put her king sized bed frame and set together. She planned to paint certain areas of her place in difference shades depending on her mood.
"Will do," Alisha said as she winked at Sharae then got in her comfortable bed while positioning her phone so that she was still able to see her face. Now she and Sharae were both lying down in their bed as if they were lying down next to one another.
"So you ready for school?" Sharae asked her as she lied down with her thick hair up in a puffy ponytail.
"I'm as ready as I'm gonna be babe... honestly just ready to get in the groove of things. Not like I haven't done the whole work and school thing... I'm sure you can relate."
"Most definitely... so will you have classes like every night or...?"
"I'll be in class every night babe; Monday through Friday from seven to ten at night..."
"Sheesh! You better get all the beauty sleep you can get now!" Sharae teased.
"I'll be good.... Perfectly fine lying here looking at your pretty face until I fall asleep. Surprised you're not out with Trish and the girls though... it's a Friday night."
"Trish and the girls are here with me honestly," Sharae said as she moved her camera around to the little sofa bed that she had at the head of her bed and then behind her to show Trish sound asleep with her back turned.
"Aww you guys had a sleep over and didn't invite me?" Alisha teased.
"Charisma had all the girls on three-way needing to vent about some asshole so we had a little ladies night and as always Shelly cooked..."
"Man that woman always cooking... I love her."
"She loves you too... she cooked and we watched movies and just talked... was pretty chill and now they're sleep and here I am with you," Sharae said with a smile.
"Here I am needing to be in Trish's spot right now," Alisha said with a smile that in turn made Sharae smile.
"You're gonna be super busy once you get in the groove of things... don't you start work this Monday at the company your uncle hooked you up with?"
"Nah not at all... and yes I start Monday morning but I don't want you worrying or thinking that I won't have time for us because I'm not an idiot," Alisha said.
"I'm glad to know that, thank you," Sharae said sarcastically.
"I got you..."
"Maliah moved out today as well..."
"What happened?"
"She and Shelly stay getting into it and my Godfather was over it. He knows his wife and he knows his daughter as well. Things got pretty heated and she left..."
"Mmm... which means that she won't be bringing Kori over there no more to spy on you and shit."
"True..."
"Has she been by since?"
"If she has babe, I would've told you..."
"Mmm..." Alisha said as she started to rub her chin, which was something she did when she was thinking about something.
"What are you thinking about?"
"This city is so big yet so small at the same time... long as she isn't fuckin' wit'chu I'm good," Alisha said.
Sharae raised an eyebrow knowing good and damn well that wasn't all that was on Alisha's mind; she was plotting and she felt it. Which was part of why she felt that Alisha decided to drive up to New York City an entire week before she was scheduled to.
"Don't sleep on this pretty face... if anyone ever fucked with me they'd feel it worse than me," Sharae assured her.
"Oh you a G huh? I wouldn't doubt it to be honest, Harlem baby; New York City lady... but I don't want you fighting nobody though for real, especially over me," Alisha said.
"I don't fight over anyone but if someone disrespects me then they can catch these hands," Sharae said as she put her fist up to the camera and Alisha couldn't help but laugh which woke up Trish who rolled over and peeked her head over Sharae's shoulder.
"Good night Sha!" she said then rolled back over again and put the covers over her head.
"My bad Trish," Alisha said.
"You should get some sleep though babe for real," Sharae said.
"You get some sleep," Alisha said being stubborn.
"I will when you get some sleep."
"Aiight gimme kiss first."
Sharae puckered her lips up into a kiss and kissed the camera as Alisha did the same.
"I'll be here all weekend to get rid of most of these boxes," Alisha said.
"Want some company?"
"You never have to ask."
"Text me your address."
"I got you."
"Okay baby... I love you."
"I love you too," Alisha said as they said their goodnights and exited out of Face Time then went to bed. It was close to three in the morning but since Sharae didn't have any plans for the weekend and her anxiety to see Alisha kept her awake, she was now able to sleep peacefully. Her girlfriend was in New York for good, they both would be starting school along with working in a couple of weeks and this would be one of the many tests for their relationship.
​Ayana had been medically discharged from the United States Air Force and was back home in Harlem with her parents for good. The reason behind her being medically discharged was due to evaluations that were done over time throughout her career in relation to her mental state. Her mental state was not in the appropriate state to continue to serve in the military. Not to mention, the infidelity charges that surrounded her and an enlisted member while she was married to her wife. The thing with Ayana was that she was the type who took her rank and power to another level and felt she had the right to overbear and control anyone. Especially younger women or women who were below her rank. Being that her mental condition existed prior to her joining the Air Force and she also had less than eight years of active duty service, she was separated without any benefits. This was of course very stressful for her and added onto her already unstable mental state. She was at her lowest in life and felt that she had no one to share it with, no one to lean on, no girlfriend or anyone for she had pushed all of these people away with her actions (or lack thereof) and burned all of her bridges. Being with her parents was her best bet until she got back on her feet, but that didn't stop her from stalking Sharae on a weekly basis. On this particular evening, she followed Sharae in her mother's car as she left her Godfathers brownstone with a black leather overnight bag draped over her shoulders. She followed as she passed the 125th street corridor filled with entertainment, art and businesses to include Whole Foods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Harlem Shake and the Apollo Theatre. She turned a corner once she got to six west 126th street and entered a building that she had entered plenty of nights before.
"She stay going to her so called girlfriend's crib," Ayana said to herself as she found parking and leaned her seat all the way back and got comfortable for she planned on being there for a while.
​Alisha was getting settled quite comfortably over the past couple of weeks. Jodi left to head back home to Miami. School and work started for both she and Sharae but on the weekends was when they got to spend most of their quality time together although Alisha made it work by seeing Sharae between classes when she was able to. Some nights she would stop by right after work and chill for a little while then head home to let Blu out for his walk before she headed to class. Some nights after work, she would take a nap and try to eat something before heading to class. Other nights, Sharae would stop by and stay over while Alisha was in class so Blu wouldn't be all by himself for long periods of time. Over the weeks her place was really coming together and the paintings that she created herself of mostly women from all shades in different positions accompanied the walls throughout her apartment. When she gave Sharae the painting of her that she did during her last weeks in Miami, she was speechless. Having a portrait of herself drawn by someone she was seeing was the most romantic thing anyone had ever done for her. She often asked if she's ever thought about auctioning off her paintings for a profit or selling them in the many paint galleries that New York City had to offer. Alisha always gave her the same response and told her that she would think about it. She just loved to create and enjoyed being surrounded by her own creations. Her bedroom was a mixture of royal blue and gray, which were her two favorite colors and gave off a calming effect that also enabled comfort and relaxation. The only room that was all over the place was her spare bedroom that would be used for her personal studio, but for the time being she had stored some of her boxes and extra clothing in the walk-in closets of the spare room. Sharae walked into the apartment and the smell of Midsummers Night by Yankee Candle hit her nostrils automatically like a sexy welcoming. She shut and locked the door behind her, greeting Blu who jumped up to greet her while wagging his tail.
"Hey buddy," Sharae said affectionately to Blu.
"Babe?" Sharae called out.
"I'm here," Alisha said as she was stretched out on the living room sofa with stacks of textbooks, her iPad, notepad, pen and her glasses on her face. Barefooted and wearing only a grey sports bra with grey sweat pants while her locks neatly sat on top of her head so as not to be in her face while she was going over the reading for the following week. She had completed her homework assignments for she had made a habit of completing them prior to the following week so that would not only keep her ahead of the game but also give her more time to get her personal life in order as far as the new place and spend time with her girlfriend without excuses or distractions.
"I hope so because your door was open," Sharae said as she set her bag on the grey marble kitchen counter.
"I knew you were coming," Alisha said without even looking up.
"That's not the point babe... this is Harlem..." Sharae said as she slid out of her black, gauze polka dot flat shoes then laid across Alisha's back and kissed her face. Alisha turned her face around to give her a kiss on her lips.
"Hey you," she said with a smile.
"You look really cute with your glasses..." Sharae said with a smile.
"Thank you baby," Alisha said as she closed her textbooks and proceeded to put her note pad and pen away.
"Don't mind me... I can be quiet while you study," Sharae said.
"I know you can babe... that's not the point tho plus I was only reviewing until you got here which means that my review is done and no more school work for me until Monday," Alisha said. Sharae smiled as she began to rub Alisha's smooth skin up and down while still lying on top of her.
"Why are you so good to me?" she randomly asked.
"What'chu mean?"
"I guess I've never been with anyone who made me such a priority in their life..."
"Well they're dumb as fuck for that."
Sharae chuckled at Alisha's bluntness, which was another thing she loved so much about her.
"I mean seriously... you've been speaking my language since the day we met before I even showed you how. I didn't even have to show you... and you've been speaking it fluently ever since... what I'm saying is thank you for just... being you," Sharae said.
"I believe we just so happened to be two people from different aspects of life who just so happen to speak the same language. I pay attention baby... so you don't have to thank me for doing something as simple as paying attention to my lady and making her a priority in my life, because you are, no matter what. I told you from jump that I got you and I meant that shit," Alisha said.
"I know..."
"Now although your sexiness is perfect right now on my back I'm a need you to get up for a minute so I can put this stuff back in my bag," Alisha said as she gave Sharae a quick kiss before she got up to allow her to put her things away. While Alisha was putting her school work away, Sharae was in the kitchen looking through the cabinets and refrigerator looking for something for them to snack on while they spent the rest of the evening watching movies on Netflix and just spending time together.
"Babe!" Sharae called out.
"Yes!"
"You want Dominoes or Pizza Hut?" Friday nights were Sharae and Alisha's cheat night as far as food. Through the week, they kept one another accountable although they had already been living healthy and active lifestyles as individuals. Together they made it even more motivational and on Sunday mornings (when they were able to leave the bedroom) they went to the same spot where they first met to run five miles.
"Definitely Pizza Hut!"
Sharae called Pizza Hut and ordered their favorite: a large thin crust pizza with extra bacon, honey BBQ wings and Hershey's double chocolate brownies. Once she got off of the phone, she went into Alisha's bedroom who was looking outside of her window down at the street below.
"Everything okay?" Sharae asked as she wrapped her arms around Alisha's waist from behind; kissing the back of her shoulders.
"That's what I'm try'na figure out," Alisha said as she seemed to be focused on a specific vehicle that was parked outside of her apartments.
"What's going on?"
"Have you heard from your ex lately?" she asked.
"Not since I recently changed my number..."
"Does this car look familiar to you?" Alisha asked as she took Sharae's hand and gently pulled her forward so that she was able to identify the vehicle she noticed had been parked in the same spot only when nights Sharae was over. She had never seen it there before and during the nights she was alone, the car was not there.
"That can't be her... she's stationed overseas," Sharae said although the vehicle did look familiar but the last time she saw Ayana was during their talk back in the spring aside from the embarrassment she made of herself at the cookout.
"You sure about that?"
"I mean she is in the military so... there'd be no reason for her to still be here unless she went AWOL and knowing her and how serious she took her career; I highly doubt that," Sharae said.
"Babe this car is always here only on the nights that you're here. When I'm here dolo that car is nowhere to be found."
"Baby... you're being paranoid when it should be the other way around."
"Coming from the woman whose ex shows up uninvited to a party and proposes and I'm paranoid?" Alisha asked.
"I can say the same about your crazy ass ex who moved her entire life to the city and had the audacity to set foot in my house; knowing good and damn well who I was!" Sharae said as she folded her arms in front of her and was now facing Alisha who was clearly becoming annoyed.
"My ex don't know where I live though," Alisha said trying to justify her argument.
"The city ain't that big though!"
"I haven't heard from her since..."
"I don't care the bitch is still valid," Sharae said as she walked out of the bedroom. She was over the conversation about exes and which ex did what. The bottom line was both of them were crazy but she was certain that her ex (unlike Alisha's) was nowhere in the area. Alisha followed her into the living room and sat beside her.
"We both sounding real stupid right now," she said. Sharae rolled her eyes and turned her face away from Alisha who gently grabbed her chin and turned her face back to hers.
"It bothers the fuck out of me that at any moment your ex can just..." Sharae said.
"She can just what?"
"I don't fuckin know! That's what bothers me!"
"Listen... I can't control what other people do and I'm not about to start now, but I do have control over myself and how I feel about you."
"The bitch is sneaky as fuck and you know what else bothers me... the fact that I haven't seen or heard from Maliah since. Not since she became cool with your ex," Sharae said as she rolled her eyes.
"You can't control what other people do either so you shouldn't even start now... can we just enjoy our weekend together?"
Sharae managed to smile although her mind was racing all over the place. She was threatened by the fact that Alisha's ex-girlfriend was now living in New York City. She didn't know where but she did know that she was also working with her God sister. The thing that bothered her most was that Kori was fine as hell, she had seen for herself and Alisha, although recovered, had a sex addiction. She could see why it was so hard for her to be able to resist a woman who looked to be as if she created, built and finessed the word seduction.
"Okay," she simply said not wanting to think about Kori anymore as Alisha planted a kiss on her lips.
​Alisha and Sharae's evening was spent in the living room watching horror movies on Netflix while indulging in their large pizza pie and wings. Both enjoyed the thrill and suspense that horror movies had to offer starting with The Houses October Built then Creep and finally Hush. Towards the end of Hush both ended up falling asleep on the couch, Alisha holding Sharae close in her arms with their legs entwined with one another. Peacefully and in Alisha's arms was one of Sharae's favorite places to be and it wasn't until the sun was up the next morning that they realized they had fallen asleep with the television still on. Alisha smiled as she looked at Sharae's sweet face and her eyes opened up since she felt Alisha was also up and they shared a kiss. Sharae held onto her tighter not wanting to move from this comfortable position and buried her face between Alisha's neck and shoulder taking in the scent of her cologne.
"Good morning," Alisha said with her hands on Sharae's face; fingers gripping her hair as Sharae did the same and they shared a morning kiss. Blu jumped up with his paws on the couch hearing the voice of his owner.
"Hey Blu," Alisha greeted him as she began to get up out of the couch to get the morning started, starting with taking Blu for his morning walk and then feeding him.
​While Alisha was out walking Blu, Sharae began to fix breakfast; turkey bacon, eggs over hard (just the way that Alisha liked them) and French toast from scratch. By the time Alisha returned to the crib, her entire apartment smelt like morning paradise and seeing Sharae standing in her kitchen wearing nothing but one of her black and white oversized t-shirts was the icing on the cake.
"Damn something smells good," she said as she hugged Sharae from the back and kissed her cheek.
"Breakfast will be ready soon," Sharae said as she smiled.
"I wasn't talking about the breakfast but that smells delicious too," Alisha said as she went into her pantry and poured a cup of dog food into Blu's feeding bowl. Sharae had already given him fresh filtered water in his drinking bowl. Once breakfast was ready, they sat at the dining table in the dining area and began to dig in.
"What you wanna do today babe?" Alisha asked.
"Well... it is a nice day, you're still fairly new to the city so the question is what do you wanna do?"
"Long as I'm with you, I'm good to be honest. We can do whatever..."
"This may be a stupid question but..."
"No such thing so ask away."
"No because you're studying the arts and I recall you mentioning, the second time we met, how you adore different types of art and artistry... so I was thinking maybe we can go to a show or something?"
"Like Broadway?!" Alisha said excitedly, for she had never been to a Broadway show and being that she was now living smack in the middle of the heart of New York City; she thought it would be a perfect idea.
"Perfect... so I'm gonna look up some shows and see what's playing later on today. This is my date so don't try to take control like you always do," Sharae said as she winked at Alisha then went to grab her phone to see what was playing.
"Have you seen the movie Chicago?" Sharae asked Alisha as she was almost done eating.
"What; I love that movie!"
"Me too! Perfect... show starts at five," Sharae said. Alisha looked up at her clock on the wall that read nine a.m. above the hallway that led to her bedroom.
"We have more than enough time... damn I'm excited," Alisha said.
"Was that car that was there last night still there when you went out earlier or did you look?"
"Nah it was gone."
Sharae raised an eyebrow, but thought nothing of it although what Alisha said the night before in reference to her ex-girlfriend did have her a little concerned. Their breakfast was interrupted by the ringing of Alisha's cell phone from the bedroom.
"I'll be back baby," she said as she got up from the table and went into the bedroom to grab her phone.
"Wassup... Yeah man... nah I don't know... I mean, I can't really tell you (laughter)... get the fuck outta here! Who?... When? Aw shit!... You lying man, I gotta see this to believe it... how come you ain't never tell nobody or bring her around so we can scope shorty out... you serious right now? Nah man congratulations! You know we'll be there! Most definitely... Aiight... I love you too but you still a fuck nigga (laughter)... Aiight, we'll definitely talk later," Alisha hung up and came back into the dining area to join Sharae.
"What happened?" Sharae asked.
"So Tori is getting married in February," Alisha said with a big ass smile on her face. Sharae gasped with her hands covering her mouth.
"Are you serious, that's wonderful! Who's the lucky girl?"
"I don't even know... some shorty she been seeing on the low for a while now. I was the first person she told but she wanna do it in Vegas at the Bellagio."
"I heard the Bellagio is a really nice hotel... damn, that's six months from now!"
"Hell yeah! But I'm down... soon as she tells me an exact day I'm down... with my plus one," Alisha said as she winked at Sharae.
"You know I'm down to go to Vegas!"
"Word! It's been a couple of years since I've been there."
"This'll be my first time."
"Even better! Damn... we gotta figure out the bachelor party and all that stuff. I'm a wait until she lets everyone else know before I get with Jodi and Adonis... Gotta make it big and turn up for the homie!"
"Hell yeah... That's amazing though," Sharae said as she sighed and smiled to herself thinking of happily ever after's and others finding love in sometimes the strangest ways. It took her back to the day that she met Alisha and how she was placed into her life to show her a love that she'd always yearned and desired for. A love that was true and sincere with every word, every touch and every look. A love she only read about or seen in movies. Although it may not have been a perfect love with minor flaws but with this love came truth which made her feel safe. She trusted Alisha with all of her and felt that Alisha trusted her with the same.
"Babe?" Alisha snapped Sharae out of her blissful thoughts.
"Yeah."
"Where'd you go?"
"I went to the very first day that we met."
"The first time or the second time?"
"The first time..."
"Penny for your thoughts?"
Sharae held her hand out waiting for her penny as Alisha got up from the dining table again. She and Sharae had finished the delicious breakfast she prepared for the both of them. She put the dishes into the sink and ran some hot water over the plates then grabbed a penny from her coin jar that was on the kitchen counter. She placed the penny in Sharae's hand then sat beside her, Sharae rested her feet on Alisha's lap as she began to rub them.
"Thank you... for starters I wasn't looking for love. I honestly had given up on it to be honest, I mean I've dated here and there but it was never anything that hit me the way you did," Sharae said.
"Literally," Alisha said referring to the morning she ran into Sharae during their run at Central Park and she smiled.
"Exactly... and not just that, but there was a familiar presence between you and I that morning. I know it may sound crazy but..."
"Doesn't sound crazy at all babe... I got you."
"And then it was like the universe just did everything within its power to make sure that you and I got to know one another and eventually I fell for you... the difference is that you caught me. Which is the scariest thing about falling in love for someone, you don't know if they'll be there to catch you or leave you flat on your ass."
"You wasn't the only one who fell Rae... I find that I fall more in love with you every single day... it was your energy, your smile, your aura, the way you see things in life that mirror my own perspectives..."
Sharae smiled.
"Come here sexy," she said and Alisha leaned forward to give Sharae a slow, passionate kiss.
"Thank you for showing me what real love is," Sharae said.
"Thank you for not only being a good receiver but an excellent giver as well," Alisha said. Sharae removed her feet from Alisha's lap then stood up so that she was now standing over her. She removed the oversized t-shirt leaving her in nothing but her soft brown skin then turned around and headed to the bedroom. Alisha stood up and followed closely behind Sharae who suddenly turned around and got on her knees in front of Alisha. She proceeded to remove her basketball shorts along with her briefs then looked up at Alisha whose hands were cupping her face as she looked down at her. Sharae then began to eat her pussy while she was standing up, looking down at her and maintaining her balance as Sharae's tongue began to massage her hard clit.
"Oh my fuckin God!" Alisha said as she put her head back with her hands on her head due to the feeling being so good that words couldn't even described. Sharae's hands reached up to tease and play with her nipples underneath her sports bra. She continued to please her with her soft lips, and long thick tongue that licked her wet lips and was now inside of her tight walls. Alisha told her she was going to make her cum if she kept doing that which made Sharae continue on with her pleasure. When Alisha came, Sharae did not want to stop, she could eat Alisha for hours and enjoyed it maybe more than Alisha. Her nectar was something of an addiction ever since the first time she had the pleasure of tasting her and she was indeed hooked. Alisha grabbed Sharae under her arms and lifted her up, tossing her onto the bed.
"Turn over and get on your knees," she said to her as she removed her sports bra and stepped out of her briefs and basketball shorts that were around her ankles. Sharae realized that the more orgasms she gave Alisha, the more sexual aggression that Alisha showed sexually and she loved that shit. Even with her aggression, she was still the most passionate woman she had ever made love to and with no limits unlike most lesbians who took on the dominant role. She loved making love to Alisha because even with her being a recovered sex addict, she was loyal and allowed for Sharae to explore her body the same way that she allowed for her to explore her own. Sharae also had no limits and was glad that Alisha was the first person to literally pop her cherry with the long, deep strokes of her dildo. She felt her body come alive when she was in the presence of Alisha, she awoke all five of her sense just with her being herself and not having to put on a front or try too hard. Her sexy came naturally and it was her internal that also made her external shine so bright. Sharae could feel the juices from her pussy dripping down the side of her inner thigh as she patiently, yet anxiously awaited for Alisha to make her next move. Alisha noticed her juices dripping which turned her on even more. She smacked her left ass cheek and bit the right one then gripped her waist with her left hand as the right hand pushed down on the arch of Sharae's back which forced for her to raise her ass up higher and her face was now on the bed. Alisha stroked her tongue from Sharae's clit, to her wet lips then to her ass and back down to her clit while she was bent over. She ate her pussy from the back with both hands palmed on her ass as Sharae moaned then began to slowly rock back and forth. Alisha grabbed her hips and guided her as she humped her face, her tongue going in and out of her sweetness then back out to suck on her clit. She could feel and taste her getting wetter and wetter as her moans got louder and louder. Alisha smacked her ass as she continued to eat her pussy, making her cum until her legs shook and Sharae tried to pull away but Alisha didn't let her. She wanted her to cum again and held her down as she continued to eat her pussy with a ferocious passion, a hunger that needed to be fed, a sense of urgency that had to be kept and a desire that's been finally met. Once she was satisfied, she turned Sharae over and got on top of her, spreading her legs and resting her right leg on her left shoulder. They shared a kiss as Sharae's hands were cupping Alisha's face as her hands were doing the same. Both of their clits were now against each other as they grinded against one another causing one of the best feelings that two woman can have intimately with one another. Their kissing started off slow, tasting their own nectar on one another's lips. Alisha's eyes were slightly closed as she sucked on Sharae's tongue who in turn took her bottom lip between her lips.
"Look at me," Alisha said to Sharae who slightly opened her eyes. They were now eye-to-eye, body to body and lips to lips, they grinded, and slowly kissed feeling a pleasure deeper than just the physical. It was a transaction of energies, and seeing one another as their bodies gave pleasure unlike before. The love making between Alisha and Sharae never stayed the same, it was never on autopilot and it was never routine. Each and every time, it was better, spontaneous, amazing, wonderful and created a deeper intimacy between the both of them aside from the obvious. It created a different type of bond and connection, from one soul to the other. It created a new world that they had created from their love making alone and it was something that neither one had felt with anyone else until now.
​It was mid-week into the daily grind of work and school. With bills pilling up along with tuition fees, college books and the big transition from Miami to the Big Apple Alisha had her hands full. Although she had a nice little cushion of savings in the bank, most of that had been used for the move and went towards her college tuition. She had no student loans and did not believe in borrowing money from anyone or anything that she had to pay back. She was glad that she didn't have a car note for she paid her car off a few years ago and the only thing she had to worry about when it pertained to her car was insurance, registration and maintenance here and there. Alisha was the type who loved to enjoy life and do things. With her temporary busy schedule she needed more financial cushion, and decided to use the contact information that she had gotten from Keisha months ago in Starbucks.
"This is Keisha how may I be of service to you?" she answered very professionally.
"Good afternoon Keisha, this is Alisha... you probably don't remember me but..."
"I never forget a face... I know exactly who this is and was wondering when you were gonna use my card?"
"Yeah... I had a lot going on... still do to be honest, but I'm in the city for good so is the offer still open and also I'd like to know some details of exactly what it is that I would be doing?"
"As mentioned before, this is a lesbian owned business full of entrepreneurs from all walks of life that contribute different forms of artistry. The one that I was referring to that I believe you would be perfect for would be modeling... are you comfortable with that?"
"What type of modeling and what are the stipulations?"
"Well... different clothing owned by other women we're in business with... sex toys such as strap on harnesses', sex swings with another model of course so that the buyer can get the full visual prior to making a purchase. This is also owned by women we're in business with and lastly, nude modeling just for promotion purposes such as appearances. We own all rights to photography so if you do decide to work with me, you won't be able to duplicate shots taken that are owned by us. Also, you keep all funds that are paid to you."
"That sounds too good to be true," Alisha said thinking to herself that when something usually sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
"We have a very large clientele and very high standards in regards to looking for models and people to represent what we stand for. The product pays for itself basically," Keisha said.
There was silence on the other end of the phone as Alisha was thinking and asking herself what she had to lose?
"How about you and I set up a meeting and you can come to the studio and see for yourself," Keisha said.
"How's Saturday?"
"Saturday is perfect for me."
"Aiight, so I'll stop by Saturday at noon."
"Look forward to seeing you Alisha and that's our lunch hour which is perfect. Panera will be catering so ensure that you bring an appetite with you as well."
"Sounds good..."
"Is this your cell number?"
"Yes it is."
"Okay, I'll text you the address and you can even look us up. We're accredited by the Better Business Bureau as well," Keisha said prior to the both of them hanging up. Moments later, she got a text message alert on her cell phone from Keisha with the address and information about her business. Alisha confirmed she received the message then went to her reminder app in her phone to put the meeting along with the address and time so that she would not forget. Keisha definitely sparked her curiosity since their first greeting, it wasn't in a sexual matter but she seemed like the type of woman who not only took care of herself but her business as well. She also liked the aggression that she portrayed during their first greeting and felt that this meeting was going to be interesting, but she kept an open mind and began to get her things together for class that she had later on that evening. Long days and short nights; this was her life until the conclusion of the semester. It was barely fall and she was already looking forward to the little break around Thanksgiving and then the couple of weeks she would get for both Christmas and New Year's.
"Grind now, chill later," Alisha said to herself as she gave Blu a kiss on his head, told him that she'd see him later and then headed out the door to school.
​Sharae had the majority of her entire week planned out; from going to school, working at her Godfather's barber shop, spending time with Alisha who made it so easy considering her busy schedule as well as the fact that she was brand new to the city. However, on the weekends that Sharae did not stay with Alisha she spent with Trish. After the conversation that they had months ago in regards to Trish feeling as if Sharae was forgetting about her, Sharae did not want her best friend to feel neglected. Relationship or not, Trish was there through her ups and her downs; just because she had someone new who kept her on her toes and her interests heightened at every level on a daily basis, was no excuse for her to not spend time with her best friend. Alisha completely understood, for she had connections with other people as well aside from Sharae and felt that those friendships, like any other relationship were vital to a human beings life. There was this little chill spot called the Underground in the village that would be featuring a live band that Trish wanted to check out. Alisha filled her in on her day and that she would be meeting with a potential second job if everything checked out. Sharae was kind of skeptical at first but understood that this was the city of hustle and bustle; you had to hustle in order to stay afloat and live comfortably. From what she observed of Alisha, she was the type to stay on top of her shit and hold her own. She admired her passion and ambition so asked nothing more of the potential second job that would be during some weekends from what Alisha expressed to her.
​"So tell me something," Trish asked her best friend. It was close to two in the morning and they had been out all night just enjoying their weekend turn up.
"Uh oh," Sharae said already hearing the tone in her best friends voice. The both of them were pretty wasted and she knew that it was during these occasions that Trish had a very honest tongue.
"No fo'real... it's nothing bad I promise. I'm just curious," Trish continued as they headed inside of Sharae's place and once inside they were surprised to see Maliah seated on the sofa with Adam. It looked as though they were having a very serious discussion and Maliah had her hands covering her face, with both elbows resting on her upper thighs as if she had been crying.
"What's going on?" Sharae asked. When Maliah lifted her face up and looked at her God sister, the horror she revealed almost made Sharae want to hurl all over the living room floor. Her face was almost unrecognizable, the once beauty was now beaten as if she had been jumped. Both of her eyes were black and blue and it looked as if her nose was broken and her lip was busted as well.
"Oh my God!" Trish said as she covered her mouth, although she never liked Maliah; seeing another woman beaten like that broke her heart. Sharae rushed over to her God sister and put her arms around her shoulder.
"Did Trevor do this to you?" she asked referring to Maliah's abusive ex-boyfriend that she had a restraining order against.
"Things just got out of control," was all Maliah said as she continued to cry and that was all Sharae needed to know. This was indeed the result of the hands of Trevor. She looked at the pain and hurt in her Godfathers eyes, seeing him look at his only daughter all battered up and lost.
"Maliah, you're staying here with us and you're not working at that stripper place anymore. That shit is over and I don't care what you say! I can't believe you would ever work in a place like that and where did you even meet this bum ass nigga from?! Never mind, it doesn't even matter because the police better find him before I do!" Adam said.
"Can I just get my things from Kori's place first... I was staying with her until I got back on my feet and Trevor found me. I was alone and he caught me off guard but I never planned on going back to him daddy... I swear," Maliah said. Just hearing the name Kori made Sharae roll her eyes and catch an attitude but she decided to brush her feelings aside for the sake of Maliah. Trish also felt the same, ever since that night they confirmed that the Kori who had been invited into Sharae's home was the same Kori who just happened to be Alisha's ex-girlfriend.
"Who's Kori?" Adam asked not recalling the name and not being able to keep up with the company that his daughter kept over the years she was in and out of his life.
"A friend I met from Miami... she works at the same club and I was just crashing with her..."
"You can always get your things at a later time," Adam said not caring who this Kori person was because at the end of the day he didn't know her and the safety of his daughter was his main priority.
"Ladies would you mind giving Maliah and I a minute..." Adam asked of Sharae and Trish who both obliged. Sharae made sure she gave both her God sister and Godfather good night kisses before she and Trish headed upstairs to her bedroom.
"What the fuck?" Trish said. Sharae just shook her head.
"Does she even know who Kori really is?" Trish asked.
"I doubt it..."
"I wouldn't put anything past it though," Trish said.
"I honestly don't even know... I can't get that image of her face out of my head... why doesn't Adam take her to the hospital?" Sharae asked.
"Maybe she refused to go?"
"Yeah but still... I hope the police catch his ass though. He should be put under the jail for even thinking yet alone putting his hands on another woman," Sharae said as she began to undress. Her phone died a couple of hours ago so she put it on the charger while she went to the bathroom to take a shower and wash the liquor, smoke and party off of her skin. Shortly after, Trish had gotten in the shower when Sharae was finished and when she went to retrieve her phone she saw a bunch of text messages from Alisha along with two voice mails.
First voice message: Babe... yo... Wassup with you? I hit you up and no response... I know you out with Trish but that don't mean your fingers broke, or does it? Hit me back.
Second voice message: Babe are you okay? I haven't heard back from you. Hit me back soon as you get this, I love you.
The text messages were pretty much the same with Alisha texting to see if everything was okay and if Sharae was alright, the voice messages sounded like Alisha had been drinking so Sharae decided to give her a call although it was pretty late.
"Yo," Alisha answered on the second ring as if she had been sleeping.
"I just got home baby... my phone died. My bad for worrying you."
"Hell yea you had me worried but its cool, I'm glad you good; Trish good?"
"Yeah everyone's good... well..." Sharae sat down on her bed.
"Wassup?"
"Maliah's back... her ex-boyfriend beat her up again and come to find out, she been staying with your ex."
"What?"
"Yeah..."
"Yo what the fuck is this girl plotting? Baby, I need for you to do me a favor..."
"Are you drunk?"
"I'm aiight."
"You're drunk but what do you need?"
"When you get a chance, ask Maliah where Kori lives?"
"Why the fuck would I do that?"
"It's not what you think... I just wanna make sure..."
"Make sure of what... she's your ex! The past! She hasn't done anything since that day I told you about and that was a while ago... what is your obsession?"
"My obsession?"
"Yes what is your obsession?"
"Did you forget that my ex moved her entire life to the city that I just so happened to be in?"
"And?"
"And why you acting brand new?"
"Maybe she just wanted a fresh start... isn't that why you moved? For a fresh start; why can't she do the same?" Sharae asked because she was honestly getting sick and tired of the ex-girlfriend talk, especially when it pertained to Kori. She also wasn't comfortable with Alisha wanting to know where Kori lived and all types of inappropriate thoughts flooded her mind as soon as Alisha asked her that question.
"Baby... I also moved for school as well. So you can't really compare the two... you know the deal, where is all this hostility coming from?" Alisha asked.
"You wanna fuck her don't you?" Sharae asked and as soon as those words left her lips she regretted them and knew that it was the liquor.
"What did you just say to me?"
"Nothing."
"I can't believe you just said that shit to me Rae... like do I give you any reason not to trust me?"
Sharae was silent.
"If I do please tell me," Alisha said.
Sharae said nothing and there was a silence that was so loud it could've shaken the entire city of New York.
"I don't even know why I even said that so just forget about it," Sharae said.
"Nah I won't forget about shit... we gonna talk about what you just said and I want you to be honest with me, like I've been with you from jump... even before I made it official with you. I've given you no reason to doubt my loyalty, so tell me what's been fucking with you to make you think otherwise?" Alisha asked because she was hurt, angry but also wanting to know the core of Sharae's words. She was willing to put her feelings aside just to hear Sharae out, even if it made no sense to her, she at least wanted to know why and work from there.
"I'm scared... there I said it!" Sharae confused just as Trish was coming from out of the bathroom.
"What are you scared of?"
"I'm scared of the unknown and knowing the fact that there's a threat to us close by that can come and..."
"I'm a cut you off right there because I already know where you're going with this," Alisha said.
"Where am I going with this then since you know everything," Sharae said sarcastically.
"You're afraid of what happened a few months ago between Kori and I, before I made it official with you, will happen again. Which means to me that you don't trust me to trust the fact that I won't allow that to happen again..."
"I do trust you, but..."
"If you did there would be no buts... so you either trust me or you don't."
"Can we sleep on this conversation for now?"
Alisha said nothing because she was filled with too much emotion although she was aware of the fact that both she and Sharae had been drinking, but they did say that a drunk mind always spoke a sober heart.
"I don't wanna sleep without settling this because if it's not settled then I won't be able to sleep, so can we settle this to prevent going to bed with confusion?" Alisha asked.
"Truth?"
"Always."
"This situation sheds light on some insecurities that I thought I buried a long time ago."
"Past experiences?"
"Yes."
"Understandable."
"So it's not just black and white with me, as far as me either trusting you or I don't, because I do. But I have skeletons of my own that have now come back to the light with these current events, hence why I'm scared."
"I got you... and I understand."
"Do you really or are you just saying that?"
"Baby I wouldn't be saying shit if I ain't mean it."
"You're right."
"I'm coming over tomorrow," Alisha said.
"Babe you know this weekend..."
"I don't care what this weekend is... I need to see my girl... I miss you every time I'm not around you."
Sharae smiled.
"I miss you too... dinners at seven. You know Shelly will be cooking," she said.
"I'll be there way before seven but thanks for the heads up," Alisha said as they both chuckled.
"Rae..."
"Yes Sha?"
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"I don't want you to be afraid to be able to talk to me about anything, regardless of what it is. I'm here, if you can't talk to me; aside from your friends, what's the point of even pursuing this?"
"You're right."
"There's something I need to talk to you about anyway."
"Oh yeah wassup?"
"I can show you better than I can tell you... so I'll be over tomorrow."
"Always so mysterious... alright baby."
"Good night lovely."
"Goodnight baby," Sharae said as they both hung up.
"What the hell was that about?" Trish asked her best friend.
"I honestly don't even know," Sharae said as she got in the bed with her best friend.
"Did she do something?"
"Nah she ain't do shit but just be herself..."
"So what's the problem?"
"This ex shit is starting to fuck with me."
"Do you feel that Alisha would cheat on you?"
Sharae shook her head because the thought of Alisha even thinking about another woman in a sexual matter made her feel uneasy. She decided to just sleep on her emotions for the moment but she was also curious about what it was that Alisha wanted to show her.
​It had been a few days since Maliah's incident and the police were still on the search for Trevor, her ex-boyfriend who assaulted her. She quit at the Hustler Club like her father instructed her too and kept a low profile. The Sunday that Alisha came by and talked to Sharae about the new gig that would be taking up some of her time on occasion did not sit well with Sharae at all. She understood why Alisha chose to branch out and see what else was out there as far as making money legally but on the other hand, she did not want this new thing to interfere with their time together. Alisha told her that she had everything under control but it was always the ones who swore they had things under control who were the first to lose control.
"Don't lose sight on what matters most," Sharae told her.
"Never that," Alisha assured her.
"You say that now..."
Sharae was silenced with a kiss on her lips. Alisha genuinely felt that she had everything under control; full time job, full time student and now a model on the side with a lesbian owned organization that was for a good cause. Sooner or later, the paths of Kori and Alisha would eventually meet and this was one of these days:
​Alisha's class was cancelled on Thursday evening so she decided that she was going to surprise Sharae with a candlelit dinner at her place. She was in the lower east side area of Manhattan picking up a few things when a familiar voice from behind said:
"Hey Daddy."
The hairs on the back of Alisha's neck began to rise and when she turned around she was face to face with Kori. The woman she hadn't seen since that night she crossed a boundary that she promised herself she would not cross again.
"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" Kori taunted. Alisha folded her arms in front of her as she held a bag of goodies in her left hand.
"What are you doing here Kori?" she asked.
"Is that all you have to say after all these months?"
"What are you doing here Kori?" Alisha repeated.
"Same as you... minding my business."
"What happened to the crib you had in Miami... why are you in New York?"
"I figured there's so much more opportunity in the city that never sleeps versus in the land of beaches of beautiful women... it's all one in the same. If I wanted a beach, I can always head on over to Coney Island," Kori said referring to a popular amusement park located in the borough of Brooklyn.
"You so full of shit man," Alisha said as she just shook her head because Kori was looking good as usual and her body temperature rose immediately. Kori smiled as she licked her lips and eyed Alisha up and down as if she wanted to ravish her right then and there with all of those people around.
"Honestly, listen I know you got a girl and I know we've talked about this situation but it still hasn't been sitting well with me Sha. I can't just forget everything we've shared together and I also can't forget the fact that I love you... I've never loved anyone the way I love you... I can be the woman you need if you just give me a chance," Kori said.
"Kori... Man, I don't know how else to tell you... I have the woman that I need in my life right now. I mean, I didn't come here with the intentions of finding love, it just happened... but lemme ask you something though," Alisha said.
"What do you wanna ask me?"
"Wassup with you befriending my girls God sister?"
"I mean, the city ain't that big," Kori defended her motives but Sharae knew better.
"I'm a say this once... whatever you got up your sleeve just dead that shit right now," Alisha said. Kori folded her arms across her chest as she moved closer to Alisha and she got a whiff of her scent that she knew too well. A scent that would intoxicate her and turn her on so much but that wasn't the case for the time being. She did not want Kori's messiness interfering with anything that she and Sharae had going on and it seemed that it had already caused some conflict between them. Alisha's phone began to ring, she pulled it from out of her pocket and saw that it was Sharae so she answered.
"Hey baby," Alisha said as her eyes never left Kori whose eyes were on her as well.
"Hey you, so I'm heading home now to pack a bag do you need me to bring anything else?"
"Just your beautiful self... I'll be over in a few to come pick you up."
"Okay, is everything okay?" Sharae asked sensing a difference in Alisha's tone.
"I'll tell you about it later," Alisha said.
"Hi Sharae!" Kori said loud enough for Sharae to hear her.
"Is that who I think it is?" Sharae asked Alisha.
"Unfortunately, I'm out and we ran into one another," Alisha said as she gave Kori a look as if to say shut the fuck up.
"You've gotta be fuckin kiddin me," Sharae said.
"I wish I were but I'm heading to my car now."
"Tell that bitch that I better not ever catch her off guard... she disrespected me. She disrespected my family and she disrespected my girl and I'm not having that. That sneaky shit won't work with me...
Alisha decided to put Sharae on speaker so Kori could hear her loud and clear versus her relaying a message.
"I don't give a fuck who she thinks she is but she fucked with the wrong one! I have no problem giving shorty a good old-fashioned beat down... New York style; welcome to the city that never sleeps bitch!" Sharae continued to go on and on. The last thing that Alisha wanted was for Sharae to end up fighting her ex-girlfriend but she wanted Kori to hear how serious she was.
"You heard her?" Alisha asked Kori who said nothing.
"I'm a see you later," Sharae said as she hung up the phone. Alisha put her cell phone back in her pocket and asked Kori what the hell did she expect after pulling a stunt like that.
"Listen... money talks and bullshit walks... if your girl lays a finger on me, I will be taking it up with the authorities so if she's smart she'd calm her little ass down and respect grown folks," Kori said as she walked out of the store satisfied with her dose of pettiness. Alisha left the store shortly after once she was sure that she had everything then got in her car to prepare herself for the making up she had to do when she finally got to Sharae.
"I'm not with all this lesbian drama... shit is draining as fuck," she said to herself as she got in her car, blasted her music to Hot 97 then pulled out to head to Harlem to pick up Sharae.
​Alisha arrived at Sharae's place to be greeted with a smile and a hug by Shelly.
"Hey baby," Shelly said as she invited Alisha in then shut the door behind her.
"Hey Ms. Shelly, how are you?"
"I'm good, how are you and how's school?"
Alisha took a long sigh as she sat down on the sofa and Shelly sat down beside her.
"I'm good just doing the best I can to distribute my time adequately between school, work and my baby... was glad when the professor cancelled class tonight," she said.
"I'm sure, well don't burn out Sha... you're only one person," Shelly said just as Sharae came down stairs wearing a pair of boyfriend jeans, some black and white converse sneakers and a black graffiti shirt that was tied into a knot in the back. Her hair was left out; bouncy and wild just how she liked it and how Alisha adored it. She had her Nike overnight bag draped over her shoulder.
"Hey," she said to Alisha who stood up when she heard her voice.
"Hey you," Alisha said.
"Well, I will see you guys later... have a goodnight," Shelly said as she gave both Sharae and Alisha kisses on the cheek then headed back upstairs. Sharae's entire demeanor said it all as her hands arms were crossed in front of her chest. Alisha's hands were in her pockets as she stared at her pissed off girlfriend.
"What?" Sharae asked.
"You gon' give me attitude all night?" Alisha asked her. Sharae sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. Alisha walked up to her so close that it forced for Sharae to back up a little bit.
"What is your deal?" Sharae asked trying her hardest not to break but she couldn't help but smile.
"Is that a smile I see?" Alisha asked. Sharae pressed her lips together to keep from smiling as Alisha grabbed the bottom of her chin and kissed her lips.
"Quit acting like you not happy to see me," Alisha said as she opened the door for Sharae who walked out then Alisha followed behind her. Sharae made sure she locked the door then walked over to Alisha's truck. Alisha opened the passenger side door for her then got into the driver's seat and they headed to her place that was only a few minutes away.
"You know I don't have control over anyone else's actions but my own right?" Alisha asked Sharae.
"I know."
"So why are you giving me a hard time?"
"Because I'm annoyed at the fact that when I called you earlier, she was there with you."
"She wasn't necessarily with me... you said it like we was out together on purpose."
"You know what I mean."
"So you gon' be salty all night?"
Sharae shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know what that means," Alisha said.
Sharae sighed and rolled her eyes.
"I don't speak that language either," Alisha said. Sharae looked over at her, leaned over and gave Alisha a kiss on her cheek.
"Is that a no?" Alisha asked and Sharae smiled as they finally pulled up in front of Alisha's apartment building. Alisha put her car in park, turned off the engine then hopped out to get the door for Sharae who also got out.
"Yo Rae!"
Both Sharae and Alisha turned around to see Ayana coming towards them wearing all black.
"This nigga..." Alisha said as she just shook her head.
"What is going on why are you here?" Sharae asked.
"Rae what the fuck you doing with this chick?" Ayana asked and it was clear that she had been drinking a lot from the slur of her words and the liquor reeking from her pores. Alisha stepped in front of Sharae in a defensive stance, the last time she crossed paths with Ayana was bad timing being that she was at her girl's folks crib. This time, there was nothing but space and opportunity and this time there was nothing or no one to hold her back.
"Why aren't you in Germany?" Sharae asked.
"I was discharged! I been discharged and I have nobody... well except for my parents... I got nobody Rae," Ayana said sounding so pitiful that Sharae almost felt sorry for her.
"How'd you know where I was at?" Sharae asked.
"Yo fuck all this talking, my nigga you need to step before you get hurt!" Alisha said and Sharae felt that same rage that she felt during the time at her Godfather's Memorial Day bash. She placed her hand on Alisha's chest in order to try to calm her down and bring her down to reality.
"Babe... just calm down for a minute please," she pleaded. Alisha looked down at her, saw the sincerity in her eyes and seeing that eased her heart a little.
"I'm calling the cops then cuz I told you this chick been parked outside my crib every single time you been here and you ain't believe me," she said.
"I never said I didn't believe you... I just felt it strange because I assumed she was back overseas but under the circumstances..."
"Yo stop talking about me like I ain't standing right here son!" Ayana said becoming hostile. Alisha was now on the phone with 911 explaining the details of their situation. She did that for the sake of not only Sharae but for herself as well because the more she stood there looking at the woman who broke her girls heart and then had the nerve to propose to her right in front of her face made her angrier by the second. She also did not want to end up in jail due to some domestic situation. She knew her temper very well and also knew that anyone who even came close or thought about disrespecting what was hers she was ready to go to war for it.
"Ayana have you been following me?" Sharae asked.
"Of course I've been following you... I had to make sure you was always good... even if you don't wanna be with me."
"Why are you so concerned with my well-being now... all of a sudden?"
"Cuz I fucked up aiight. I'm a dub and I know that... but I don't know, so much has happened since we broke up and I had nothing but time to think."
"Here come the violins," Alisha said sarcastically.
"What did the police say?" Sharae asked her.
"They should be here shortly."
"Okay... Ayana... the police are on their way, what do you plan on telling them?" Sharae asked.
"I don't give a fuck about no police. I just wanted you to see me... all them times I never saw you and now you've moved on and there's nothing I can do about that. Cuz I see you... I see how happy you are now with this nigga and it pisses me off... but at the end of the day... at the end of the fuckin' day I only have myself to be pissed at... like I thought maybe if I proposed you would've said yes... you said no though and here you are with this nigga... I fucked up," Ayana said as she pulled a pistol from out of the back of her pants and took the safety off. Alisha automatically stepped her entire body in front of Sharae's for fear that Ayana was going to try to shoot her but instead she pointed the gun to her head.
"I got nothing... no career... no wife... no girlfriend... no life... I got nothing!" Ayana said.
"Yo... man chill don't kill yourself," Alisha said trying to calm Ayana down, although she couldn't stand her, she was still a human being and it was clear that she had some serious issues that killing herself wouldn't have solved. The police arrived just in time and were able to talk Ayana out of pulling the trigger and ending her life in front of everyone. She was cuffed as one police officer read her Miranda Rights then asked both Sharae and Alisha to come with them to the police station for a statement as well and asked Sharae if she wanted to press charges.
"I just want her to get help to be honest," Sharae said. A night that was supposed to be spent over a candle lit dinner with just Alisha and Sharae turned into a night full of drama starting with Kori and then ending with Ayana attempting suicide right in front of them.
"Babe..." Sharae said as she stared blankly out of the window of the passenger side of Alisha's truck as they were heading to the police station.
"Wassup?"
"What if Ayana pulled the gun out on me instead of herself?"
"She'd have to go through me first," Alisha said without hesitation.
"You'd take a bullet for me?"
Alisha stopped at a red light and looked over at Sharae so she could see the seriousness in her eyes then she grabbed her face and gave her a kiss that solidified her answer. They broke away from their kiss just as the light changed back to green.
"Some night huh?" Sharae said.
"Shit... who you telling?"
"Think all of these are signs?"
"What do you mean?" Alisha asked.
"Signs trying to pull the both of us apart."
"Maybe, but also can be signs that try to work against us that are making us stronger."
"So much drama in such a short amount of time... but you know what?"
"Wassup?"
"I wouldn't trade it for the world if it stopped me from being with you," Sharae said. Alisha smiled as she agreed.
"I got you," was all she said and Sharae said the same.
​Some couples fail to realize that the things that are put in place to tear them apart, are the things that are supposed to bring them closer together. One party may be on a completely different page and sometimes book than the other, which causes confusion; turmoil and inner purging. Some couples are ill prepared for what life lessons the world throws at them, not only as individuals but also as a union. Some couples are mistaken that what's worth it may not always come easy and when it's worth it, there are no questions, ifs ands or buts about the situation. A consistent love that is infinite with its flaws is as close to perfection as a couple will get once they remove the blind folds that society has dealt them in regards to what it means to be in love and have found true love. In regards to outsiders that try to make every attempt to destroy the love between two souls; as mentioned it is impossible to control the actions of others. However, it is wise to let those negative entities know where they stand and when there are appropriate boundaries set into play it will not make the other party of the relationship have doubts. In a nutshell, when in a relationship, do not give false hope or make someone feel as if they have a chance with you. Cheating is more than a few hours between the sheets, if you do something that you know your significant other would deem inappropriate then it is cheating. Granted, we are human and the flesh can be weak especially when dealing with temptation on a daily basis, but there is a thing as self-control. When you really love someone and are in love with him or her, cheating is never an option nor is it a thought. For the person that you have confessed your undying love is everything that you have ever wanted, desired and then some. Cheating is a choice and I have found from experience that when someone makes that choice to cheat, whether it is emotional or physical, there has been a void within their relationship that has not been fulfilled and the communication has dwindled. For if there was communication, cheating would have never been an option. On the other hand, it is a selfish, self-centered and immature way to go about a relationship. Once you have made the choice to add in a third party without your partners consent, it has become a betrayal with wounds that go deeper than any ocean in the world. It takes a lifetime to fully forgive infidelities that could've been avoided. When sex comes into play, it is not only the body that is being exchanged but energy as well. After a few nights of messing around in the bed with someone who is not your significant other, you are then returning to your lover with the residue from another entity and if you think that your significant other is clueless to the fact that energies have been intertwined then you do not deserve to be in a relationship until you have gained respect for yourself. I have fallen in love with my creation of Alisha and her flaws. She is the epitome of a woman who knows what it is that she has and wants her lady to know in every way possible how much she means to her. She is proof that there is no such thing as being too busy and not being attentive to your lover the way that she deserves. She is also aware of past scars and damage that has been done and does not think of Sharae as being fragile but as being a woman who loves hard. I have also fallen in love with Sharae, for her femininity is as delicate as a rose yet fierce as a lion at the same time. She is the perfect example of passion wrapped into a delicate package that only one is worthy enough of opening and that person being Alisha.