Part 4: Three's A Crowd

The fall semester ended for both Alisha and Sharae and what a long semester it had been. Not only with school, work and the outside drama trying to make its way into their love universe. Alisha juggling, school, work and her side hustle of modeling for Keisha's company. The extra bit of money she received from gigs such as magazines, clothing and promotions all went into her savings. Kori was awfully quiet since the last encounter she and Alisha had. With both Alisha and Sharae's schedules, neither one of them ever took time for granted although they didn't live that far away from one another. While tending to their own crafts of life that made them better and contributed art to the world, they also tended to one another's needs, wants and desires. Alisha ensured that Sharae had a fresh bouquet of flowers on a weekly basis. For someone who originally mentioned that she did not like receiving flowers, Alisha learned that it was the meaning behind the flowers that Sharae did not care for. The only occasions that she would receive them would be as a sign for forgiveness versus a sign of love and appreciation. These weekly gifts were attached with a special always letting her know what she loved about her and why. Sharae kept these notes in a special keepsake box that had all of the things that reminded her of Alisha; from their first date that night within Times Square up until this moment. Sharae always left sticky notes in Alisha's mirror with up lifting words of love and motivation to get her day started. Sometimes she left her notes in places such as her satchel and in the drawer of her nightstand where she would randomly find them to brighten up her day.
​It was the first snowfall of the winter on this December evening. New York City was at its divinest beauty in the winter months especially with its flashing lights, skyscrapers that touched the heavens and a blanket of white that coated the concrete streets. Sharae and Alisha were seated across from one another Indian style in the comfort of Alisha's spacious bedroom. Soft music could be heard in the background and both of them were wearing nothing but their birthday suits with palms placed on their knees, looking into one another's eyes and not saying a word. Moments of silence had gone by for Sharae wanted to try something different. She loved their sex and she loved making love to Alisha, but she wanted to heighten that love on an even intense mental level that they had already established. The difference was this was fusing all nine of their chakras into one while indulging in the act of love making: a first for the both of them. The only thing that Sharae asked Alisha to do was to set the mood which was a given; her bedroom had an undeniably calming and sexual effect. Sandalwood fragrances gave pleasure to both of their senses and the music tended to the mind which set the pace. There was a bowl of freshly sliced mangos off to the side that was close in reach to tend to their taste at the perfect moment; their sight was focused on one another and there was no need for words. Another thing that Sharae asked of Alisha was for her to be open in which she knew she'd have no problem with. Prior to them being seated in front of one another in the nude they each had a few glasses of red wine. Once Sharae felt herself beginning to relax and in a sort of euphoric state of mind, her entire body felt like it was on a cloud. She raised her hands and gently outlined her fingertips along the curves of Alisha's body; her beautiful face, to her neck, then to her muscular shoulders and arms and around her breasts. She did all of this but did not touch her, she was close enough to touch her but she did not which was the point of this sexual practice that she had always wanted to try but never met a familiar soul to try it with. Alisha followed suite for this was all new to her as well. She outlined Sharae's beauty with the tips of her fingers without laying a finger on her and she could feel the warmth from her body rise as her hands outlined her curves. Heightening their senses as well as their nerve endings, nipples erect as if they have been sucked like the sweetest of cherries. Alisha bit down on her bottom lip to control herself for she wanted to just touch Sharae but she held her composure; as hard as it was. This went on for a few minutes. The entire time neither one breaking eye contact with one another, which made the experience even more intense.
"I want you to do exactly as I do," Sharae said breaking the silence. Alisha licked her lips as she felt as if she had taken LSD for this type of high she thought was only possible while under the influence. Sharae scooted closer to Alisha but made sure that their bodies were not touching although both of their energies were beginning to fuse together; she could definitely feel that. She placed her fingers on her erect nipples and massaged them in a spiraling motion while taking nine deep breathes. Alisha did the same, with her own nipples; massaging them in spiraling motions for nine long breathes while gazing into Sharae's eyes. Sharae's hands moved downward to her ribs and repeated the same spiraling motion but this time for eighteen long breathes and then towards the end of her ribs for twenty-seven, deep, slow breathes. Alisha followed suite; since neither one of them was unfamiliar with meditation; this was a different form of mediation that neither one of them ever experienced. Meditation was usually done on their own, in their own space and on their own time. Sharae's hands moved midway between her ribs and her navel, repeating the spiraling motions for thirty-six breathes. Alisha, paying close attention and doing as Sharae told her to do until they were both rubbing their own wetness. All motions were done in nine count breaths, hence to awaken all nine chakras that were within each of them. Once they had completed the beginning of awakening all nine chakras, Sharae lied down beside Alisha... still not touching one another and it was driving Alisha crazy. She never been so turned on before having her girlfriend only inches away looking like the most beautiful woman in the world in all of her naked glory and not being able to touch her.
"Are you ready to awaken the kundalini?" Sharae asked Alisha who raised an eyebrow for she had no words, only feelings at this very moment.
"Does that mean I can touch you now?" she asked with a smirk. Sharae sat up and reached over Alisha's body telling her not to touch her until they were in the position to touch. She grabbed a piece of sliced mango, put it between her lips and fed it to Alisha who slowly sucked the mango from her lips until it was all gone.
"Damn," was all Alisha had the energy to say for she was too turned on for words but she was also feening to touch Sharae who simply told her; not yet. Then she instructed Alisha to sit back up, Indian style again, she did as she was told. Sharae told her to close her eyes.
"I can't see or touch you now," Alisha said sarcastically as Sharae put her finger to her lips, which Alisha kissed; something was better than nothing.
"Just relax baby..." Sharae said as she sat behind Alisha with her legs spread apart and her bare breast were pressed against Alisha's back. She could feel her spine shiver and her heart beat intensify for she was now touching her; slow and steady touches from the top of her temple, to her ears, shoulders and then her back. Sharae brought her fingers around to the front of Alisha's body and then began to massage her breast in circular and sensual motions. She whispered in Alisha's ear:
"Breathe... slowly... I want your breaths to match the rhythm of my touch," she said.
"You are fucking killing me babe," Alisha said in sexual frustration but obliged nonetheless. She leaned her head back and breathed in and out slowly. Her exhales matching the motion of Sharae's touch as instructed. Sharae's hands were now massaging the top of Alisha's thighs and then to her inner thighs. She could feel the warmth and want purring between her legs and she had not even made her way there yet. Just when Alisha thought that Sharae's hands were gonna go further south to where she wanted, she brought her hands back up to her shoulders and began to massage her slowly. Then Sharae began to plant soft kisses from the back of Alisha's neck all the way down to her spine and then back up again, massaging her earlobes at the same time she was leaving her lip prints all over her back.
"Spread your legs apart," she said to Alisha who unfolded her legs, eyes still closed, mind elsewhere; she stretched her legs out in front of her spread apart just how Sharae wanted her. She moved her hands from Alisha's nipples, to the middle of her stomach and then to the warmth that was achingly needing her touch. Her wetness was indescribable and once Sharae spread her soft lips open and entered her tight walls that clenched around her fingers she knew that this was going to indeed be a long night like she'd hope for. She enjoyed being inside of Alisha, pleasing her and hearing her moans while her eyes were still closed. She slowly removed her fingers from inside of Alisha and sucked her nectar from her fingers as she positioned herself in front of Alisha. She grabbed another mango slice and put it between her lips, kissing Alisha with the slice of mango between her lips until the mango was nonexistent. Alisha opened her eyes, grabbed Sharae by her neck and began to kiss her with an undeniable desire that could only be expressed physically. She sucked on her bottom lip as Sharae stuck her tongue out for Alisha to suck on, Alisha then moved her tongue to the front of her neck; licking it up and down like an ice cream cone. Grabbing a handful of Sharae's thick curly hair, she pulled her head back and began to leave passion marks on her neck to her shoulders then to her nipples. Sucking each one with precision, not wanting the other to feel neglected until both were even more erect before her lips touched them.
"I didn't say you could touch me," Sharae said as she bit the bottom of her lip for Alisha had one hand gripping her hair and the other was cuffed around her small waist giving her leverage as she lifted Sharae's lower body up so that her lips were able to meet her navel.
"You didn't stop me either," Alisha said as she brought the bottom of Sharae's body up higher so that her face was in-between her thighs, legs resting on top of her shoulders and shoulders were on the floor along with the top of her head for balance. Alisha kissed and bit down on Sharae's inner thighs causing for her to let out a soft moan. She now had her arms wrapped around her thighs so that all of her weight was on Alisha and she had better leverage to satisfy a hunger she had been repressing since the sexual tantric acts began. Once her lips met her wetness and tongue began to vibrate against her clit it felt as if Sharae could not contain herself for she felt she was about to cum in that instant. Grinding her hips up and down, meeting Alisha's tongue with each stroke although she felt her pussy begin to pulsate. She knew it was only a matter of time before her body melted from the inside out. Alisha, knowing her body very well, could tell by the pulsating of her clit on her tongue that she was on the verge of cumming, but that did not stop her from continuing on with her oral pleasure. Sharae came in ecstasy as Alisha continued to please her with her tongue, licking every drop of her. This was her version of pay-back for making her wait so damn long to touch her and teasing the fuck out of her. Although she enjoyed it nonetheless. Sharae's pussy was so wet that it dripped down the bottom of Alisha's chin. She then laid back with Sharae sitting on her face, she repositioned herself so that now they were in the sixty nine position and now Sharae was able to give Alisha the same if not more pleasure that she was giving to her. With one finger penetrating her ass and the other inside of her pussy, Alisha's tongue moved to the same rhythm that Sharae's tongue was on her clit. Dual pleasure, which sent both ladies into a universal euphoric ecstasy; one that could not be touched by only the physical. All nine chakras were awakened by the tantric pleasures and the physical aspect as well as the mind was an aphrodisiac in itself.
​It was well into the next morning and Alisha and Sharae were still on their lovemaking journey. They had taken it from the floor of the bedroom to Alisha's huge king sized bed, with Alisha on top and Sharae's leg resting on her shoulders; they grinded against one another; feeling the friction of both of their clits causing one of the best feelings between two women. The wetness, the moans, the passion, and the desire was all tied into one feeling. One sound and one rhythm between two bodies; two bodies sharing energies intertwined with one another. Multiple orgasms met with another back to back and yet neither one wanting to stop this ride of pleasure, taking one another to the highest peak of pleasure they had never experienced. Sleep was nonexistent for the moment, the world was nonexistent for the moment; it was only this moment, right here and right now that mattered.
"On the sink... on the couch... on the bed... on the floor... on the porch... on the stove... on a roll... touch my toes... out of breath... take it slow... I wanna feel it in my soul," Twenty 88 Push It came through the sound system of the bedroom. Alisha's body was now against Sharae's as they indulged in a slow kiss that sent signals to their mental, which heightened the dopamine between them as their grinding intensified. Sharae's eyes were on Alisha the entire time they kissed; taking her all in and seeing her although her eyes were slightly closed; she was also looking back at Sharae too; taking her beauty all in as well. They both shared a smile once they realized that they were both doing the same thing the other was doing. Sharae had managed to roll Alisha onto her back so that she was now on top of her but in the same position; their pussies not once leaving the other and causing more friction for Sharae winded her hips as if she was the queen of dancehall. Her stamina matched Alisha when it pertained to love making and that was something they both had issues finding in others. On the contrary, although Alisha had no issue with sexual stamina in regards to Kori; the only thing missing from Kori was passion and depth. She couldn't be with a pretty face and a bad body for long, for the Gemini in her got bored very easily and she craved and needed that mental stimulation to not only get her attention but to also keep her attention.
​People failed to realize that the same habits and things that were done to get someone else's attention are the same things that need to be exercised when keeping their attention. No one wants to be the victim of "lesbian bed death" in regards to a relationship. When sex is a lot deeper than the physical act in itself. A connection must be fulfilled, a bond, a familiar energy and knowing of that other person of interest prior to the physical taking place. Anyone can have a one night stand, but can you hold a conversation; can you discuss topics other than the cliché 'how was your day; how the weather is; what the latest fashion is or which new sneakers came out?' If that's a no, then you have a hell of a way to go in regards to depth and keeping someone versus fronting with the mask of what you portray to be versus who you really are. People nowadays have no depth and no sense of the universe, for we are all connected in one-way or another. From the stranger at the grocery store, to the person walking their dog or the pedestrian crossing the street. People need connections with other people, if this were not a fact then there would only be one motherfucker on this earth bored out of his or her mind. I do not want my readers to be mistaken or think that either Alisha or Sharae are "too good to be true" or "perfect." I am only shedding light on true love, the type of love that many of us have yet to come across and the type of love that I believe in. The type of love that I dream about and the type of love that is not complicated for each party is emotionally mature to handle the other. Whereas when an issue arises with either one of them, they have the appropriate tools to handle them without causing any damage to the other. The type of love that is not afraid and the type of love who loves freely and genuinely. The type of love that does not take either one for granted whether it be time, energy, or space; the type of love that's always on OT (overtime) regardless of the situation or schedule. The type of love that doesn't make excuses but makes shit happen. The type of love that is often craved and rarely received; yes, this type of love exist.
​"You see this side of me... fluent in the sheets... and you read in-between me... I ain't a stranger to the foreplay, so we can skip to word play," the artist known simply as H.E.R.; Lights On, was bumping through the sound system of Alisha's truck that was pulled over inside of the Brooklyn Bridge Park on the East Side River which had one of the best views the city could offer. She and Sharae just came from the IMAX theatre to see Thor: Ragnarok, which was a rarity. The both of them did not usually go on movie dates with one another for they felt that it wasn't as intimate as other dates such as those that required more interaction. Every once in a while if there was something that they really wanted to see, they would go out and see it. On this night, they began to drive towards Brooklyn and decided to make a stop at the park. Alisha had never been there and heard through word of mouth that it was indeed one of the best views. Although her only view was Sharae straddled on top of her while she was seated in the driver's seat with her seat slightly back in a relaxed position. Both she and Alisha's shirt were off as they were making out heavily like a bunch of hormone raged teenagers. Sharae's hands grabbed Alisha's face, as her hands gripped her thick and fluffy hair and their lips were on one another like paint to a wall. Alisha tried unbuttoning Sharae's pants but she stopped her and smiled as she said:
"No," and continued kissing her.
"You're really driving me crazy," Alisha said as the intensity of the passion began to feel as if she was experiencing an out of body experience. The windows of her car began to fog up as the body heat rose from their skin that was bare now from the waist up.
"It's dark outside... I'm feeling right with you... oh... you... turn off the lights.... Can we try something new?" Lights On was on repeat at a decent volume that wasn't low but wasn't too loud. It was just right and perfect for the occasion. Sharae was so turned on by the fact that she knew how turned on Alisha was, for she could feel her heart beat against hers and feel the warmth rising from between her legs underneath her pants. The cold chill of the New York City winter had nothing on the summer session that was taking place in Alisha's truck. As one of her hands were cuffed underneath Sharae's ass while the other was wrapped around her neck as they kissed forcefully, as if they were both about to climax from foreplay alone. The knock on the driver's side of the window pulled the both of them out of their salacious trance. Sharae pulled her shirt over her body as quickly as possible and made sure that Alisha was covered too before slightly lowering the window to see a guy in a security uniform who must've been patrolling the area and wondered what their car was doing there.
"You guys can't be here after a certain time... wrap it up and take it somewhere else... preferably somewhere private," he said sternly while trying to look inside of the car and Sharae began to roll the window up after telling him no problem.
"What'chu mean after a certain time?" Alisha said annoyed as Sharae got from on top of her and sat back down in the passenger seat.
"He's a dub... we're probably the most action he's ever seen in his life," Sharae said. She and Alisha laughed because he looked like the type of lame person who never experienced anything exhilarating. Alisha started the engine and began to pull off to head back to her crib.
"So what were you saying?" Sharae asked as she cracked the window to let some air in.
"What before you got on top of me?" Alisha asked smiling.
"Yeah... you were talking about Christmas and the holidays... how you have conflicted feelings about Christmas being that it's something you felt was stolen from you since you never really celebrated the holiday with your parents and how you feel that this year is gonna bring new blessings, a new perspective and a fresh start... something like that," Sharae said.
"So you know what I was saying... before you jumped my bones."
"I'm a very good listener... I can't help that every time I'm around you..." Sharae began to unclip her seat belt and leaned over to Alisha's side of the car and began to kiss on her neck.
"That I have this undeniable..." she began to lick her shoulder blade to her neck which made Alisha's back tingle.
"Indescribable..." she began to unbutton Alisha's pants as she was driving and slid her fingers into her briefs to feel the warmth that she achingly been feening to feel all day. Alisha smiled as she licked her lips and just kept her eyes on the road, focused and turned on at the same time.
"Want..." Sharae's lips were now on Alisha's ear as she began to penetrate her wet, tight walls slowly.
"Need... Desire... Lust... Adoration... Love... Love and more love that possesses my entire being and I need your body and energy intertwined with mine in order to quench this everlasting thirst... I've had since the first time..." Sharae began to slowly tickle Alisha's g-spot who still remained focused and eyes on the road. It was more than her body that was turned on but she couldn't get back to the crib fast enough.
"The first time..." she said wanting Sharae to continue with what she was saying for her words turned her on along with her fingers inside of her.
"You really wanna know?" Sharae said as she continued kissing softly on her earlobe.
"Yeah..." Alisha said as she let out a moan trying to control herself but remained focused; eyes on the road, they were only a few minutes away for she was speeding on the FDR Drive.
"Our first kiss," Sharae confessed as she removed her fingers from Alisha's wetness and sucked her juices off of them. She didn't want her to cum yet... not just yet.
"Barnes and Noble," Alisha said remembering their first date that was better than she had imagined especially from someone who she had barely known but felt as if she had known; maybe in a past life.
"One of my favorite places to be," Sharae said.
"I know... it's one of mine too... you be starting with me on purpose," Alisha said as she shook her head.
"I always finish though," Sharae said as she winked at Alisha and began to put her seatbelt back on then she realized that they were about to pull up to her apartment.
"You right about that..." Alisha agreed.
​Christmas for most people was a time of the year many families got together and shared gifts, love, laughs, happiness and everything else that fell between the definition of jolly. It was indeed a big time for Sharae and her family. Adam and Shelly always through a huge holiday party around this time with decorations, games, fun and just good vibes. Sharae's older twin cousins who she only saw during the holidays: Tiffany and Brittany were staying a few nights. They were the same age as Maliah and closer with her than they were with Sharae for they shared nothing in common except for being blood related. Shelly's mother, Patricia, along with her three older siblings: Joseph, Mary and Jonathon were over as well for the holiday party. Shelly was the result of an affair that Patricia had years ago, hence why she did not get the "privilege" of having a biblical name. Things were very hard for her growing up in a home where she was always considered an outsider, for all of her siblings had both parents living in the same house when she had no clue of who her real father was. Patrick, the man who she referred to as daddy and the man who raised her died of cancer five years ago and it was those same five years ago when her siblings all of a sudden begged for her forgiveness for the way they treated her and wanted to mend old wounds. Shelly, being the beautiful spirit that she was didn't believe in grudges, especially when it pertained to family and let bygones be bygones but she did not forget.
"I love what you guys did with the place Shells," Mary complimented on the new renovations that Shelly and Adam had been working on over the years with their home.
"Thank you."
"For real... this place just gets doper and doper every year!" Joseph complimented. Adam was in the basement with his friends, one of them being Alisha's uncle of course. Alisha had yet to get there for she was running late handling some things with a last minute gig that Keisha her booked on.
"Girl!" Trish said as she slammed this month's issue of NYC LGBT's Finest Magazine on Sharae's bed who was in front of her vanity applying some eyeliner, mascara, a little bit of eye shadow which brought out her pretty brown eyes and just when she was about to apply some red lip liner, her best friend hit her with the "girl," so she had to turn around and see Wassup.
"So... what's your girl doing on the cover of this magazine and where are her clothes at?" Trish asked. Sharae smiled as she went into the drawer of her nightstand and pulled out the same magazine that Trish slammed on her bed with Alisha's handwriting on the cover that read: "All yours baby... I love you." The cover was tastefully done with Alisha lying upside down on the edge of the bed, her hands covering her bare breast, looking straight into the camera with her long locks that fell freely to the floor. She was not naked, but the readers and buyers did not know that; for all they saw was a fine ass woman on the cover and Sharae was very aware of her side hustle and respected it.
"So... wait... when did... what the... girl you been holding the fuck out on me!" Trish said as she folded her arms across her chest pissed at the fact that her best friend left this vital information out of their conversations.
"First of all boo... calm down and second of all... I didn't say anything because Sha told me not to," Sharae said as she sat back down at her vanity.
"And? Girl, if she ain't want you to tell nobody why she on the cover?"
"She didn't want me to tell anyone because she didn't want anyone that we're associated with to go looking for it... it's better to find things unexpectedly, don't you agree?"
"Girl shut up!"
"Seriously."
"So you haven't told anyone?"
"Nope."
"Not even your best friend," Trish said as she rolled her eyes.
"Trish don't be like that," Sharae said as she went over to her best friend and began to kiss her face.
"Ugh... you make me sick... she looks good though," Trish said as she began to flip through the pages.
"Thank you," Sharae said as she went back to her vanity.
"So where is Alisha anyway?"
"She's running late."
"Well duh, but where she at? Schools out... so..."
"She had a last minute gig... she'll be here."
"So you're fine with this like this doesn't bother you?" Trish asked surprisingly, because the Sharae she knew or thought she knew would be going through the roof off of some shit like this.
"She gives no reason for me to feel bothered by anything," Sharae said. Trish continued to flip through the pages then stopped when she fell upon the page of the owner of the magazine and LGBT Company.
"Wait... is this her boss?" she asked Sharae who turned around and confirmed that it was.
"Mmm," Trish said as she screwed up her face.
"Trish!" Sharae said already knowing where she was going with this conversation, which was the same reason why she didn't tell her every single thing that went on between she and Alisha. A relationship should be between the two (or three, whatever floats your boat) of the people involved within that relationship and no one else. It's not healthy to have too many minds, too many thoughts, too many perspectives and too many suggestions who have nothing to do with a situation give their input to a situation.
"I mean... I'm just saying, but if you're fine then I'm good," Trish said.
"Thank you," Sharae said as she looked at the time and realized that it had been a couple of hours since Alisha let her know that she had just gotten to Keisha's office and would be late.
​Meanwhile in Keisha's office, the photo shoot had been finalized a few minutes ago and Alisha just finished changing and looking over her photos with the other models who were femmes. She just texted Sharae to let her know that she was on her way out the door until Keisha called her into her office.
"It'll only be a minute," Keisha reassured her seeing the anxiousness in Alisha's body language as she was on her way out the door but she agreed and came into the office.
"Please have a seat," Keisha told her and Alisha obliged. On Keisha's desk were all of the photographs that Alisha had done since she started this modeling gig.
"You are a very beautiful woman," Keisha complimented, as her eyes never left the photographs; studying each as if she was trying to decide which one would be best... for what, Alisha had no idea.
"Thank you."
"You have something a lot of the other models don't... well, not all of them. Some are born with it and some need to be trained but you..." Keisha's words got lost as she said something under her breath that Alisha could not quite understand.
"What did you say, I didn't hear you?" she asked.
"Oh never mind," Keisha said as she got up and went to her bar and poured a glass of Hennessy on the rocks. She offered Alisha some who politely declined informing her that she had to drive back uptown.
"That's right you did mention that you had plans tonight... that's too bad," Keisha said.
"Keisha... no disrespect, but I'm already running late so if you don't need anything from me..." Alisha started but wasn't able to finish, because before she knew it; Keisha was on her like white on rice; straddled on top of her with her pencil skirt lifted high showing off her thickness and kissing the lips that Alisha tried to deny but the woman was aggressive as fuck.
"Wait... wait... Keisha," Alisha tried to restrain Keisha's hands and when she finally pinned them behind her back she told her to stop.
"Come on Sha... we're both grown... listen... I don't want anything from you except for..." Keisha said as she tried to slide her hands in Alisha's pants.
"Whoa! Wait.... Keisha you gotta chill like for real."
"I don't gotta do anything... you know you want it too Sha, don't front," Keisha said as she slid her tongue along the side of Alisha's neck which was one of her many spots.
"Oh shit! Nah, yo... get off me like for real," Alisha said but Keisha's licking then turned to sucking as she grinded on top of Alisha who was growing weaker by the second.
"Fuck... yo chill Keisha," Alisha said.
"Don't fight it... I won't tell... it'll be just between us," Keisha said as she began to unbuckle Alisha's pants and this time her fighting died down, as she was so conflicted between her mind and her hormones. She was turned on and her mind was telling her that this was wrong, her mind was telling her that she needed to get out of there and never come back for this was definitely a conflict of interest. Not only that, she had a girlfriend and Keisha was very aware of that but it was evident that she gave no fucks about a girlfriend for what she wanted was sitting right there in her office and she planned on getting what she wanted.
"Just relax," Keisha said as she began to pull Alisha's pants down and spread her legs... Alisha's phone began to ring loudly in the pocket of her pants, which snapped her out of her hormonal state of borderline infidelity. She scrambled to get her phone and moved Keisha out of the way, she saw Sharae's face and answered.
"Baby," she said.
"Hey baby... are you close because I need a huge favor from you?"
"Anything... Wassup?"
"Would you mind picking up some Egg Nog please?"
"Nah you got it," Alisha said as Keisha continued to mess with her while she was on the phone but she was also in the process of pulling her pants up and couldn't believe at what she was about to do, if she hadn't received that phone call.
"Thanks babe... you okay, how'd the photo shoot go?"
"Yeah... tell you about it later?"
"Okay... are you sure you're okay?" Sharae asked because Alisha sounded a little off and not like how she normally did.
"I'm good... I love you, I gotta go," Alisha said and hung up.
"So soon... but we haven't even gotten started?" Keisha whined pretending to pout.
"Listen Keisha... I don't know what the fuck came over you..."
"Maybe if you'd stay a little longer, I can show you better than I can tell you."
"I gotta go," Alisha said as she got herself together and left the building thinking to herself how did she always end up in these types of situations. For as long as she could remember, most of the women she came across in life were toxic to her body and spirit. She was also mad at herself for not seeing this coming and was pissed at Keisha for triggering her addiction that she maintained ever since the time she and Kori slept with one another which was months ago. Sharae did not bring out the same things that these women seemed to bring out and it was different with her because they were connected on many other levels aside from sex and she wasn't trying to mess that shit up for anyone or anything. She wasn't going to allow anyone to sabotage what she had been yearning for and found in Sharae over a sex addiction that could be treated and has been up until this moment. She saw in her rearview mirror that there was lipstick all over her white t-shirt and she was so mad that she hadn't even put her jacket on before she got in her car. She just tossed it in the back seat; she smelt like another woman; a woman who was not hers and a woman who did not respect what she had already established with another woman. She planned on getting the Egg Nog after she went to her house, showered, washed this woman's scent off of her and changed then head to Sharae's place.
​It was close to midnight by the time Alisha finally got to Sharae's house and everyone had eaten, were drinking and just mingling amongst one another.
"What took you so long babe?" Sharae asked as she opened the door wearing all white looking like an angel. She wore a long flowing dress that had a long slit going up both her left and right leg. A diamond choker was around her neck accompanied with diamond earrings and open toe stilettos heels with the diamond strap. Her hair was pulled up into a neat bun as her baby hairs accentuated her face and she had a slight attitude that was more worried than anything, but glad Alisha had finally made it.
"My bad baby... I got the egg nog though," Alisha said as she came in giving Sharae a kiss sensing the slight attitude in her body language.
"Thank you but we already sent Brittany to go get some about an hour ago," Sharae said as she grabbed the eggnog and went into the kitchen. She informed both her Godfather and Shelly that Alisha had finally arrived.
"Damn... who's that?" Tiffany, referring to Alisha, asked Maliah as they were both seated in the living room with Shelly's siblings.
"That's Rae's fine ass girlfriend," Maliah said as she took a sip of the beer she had been sipping on for a while and decided to get up and join the rest of the family who was in the kitchen area.
"I saved you a plate baby, no worries," Shelly said as Alisha came into the kitchen and she removed the plate she saved for Alisha out of the oven and put it into the microwave.
"Thanks Ms. Shelly," Alisha said as she greeted her with a hug and kiss. Shelly then began to introduce Alisha to her family as well as her nieces Brittany and Tiffany. Alisha greeted the both of them but could feel the attitude coming from not only her girlfriend but her girlfriend's best friend, Trish who was posted up right beside her. Alisha looked at her, raised an eyebrow, smirked then grabbed her by her waist then pulled her body towards hers.
"My bad for being late... something came up at the shoot earlier and... gimme kiss, I ain't see you all day," Alisha said as she grabbed the bottom of Sharae's chin and gave her a kiss, automatically feeling the tension disappear from her persona.
"What happened at the shoot?" Sharae asked as she softened up a bit. Alisha's touch, her kisses and just her energy alone being so close to hers always drove her crazy and there was no point in being upset over something that she had no clue about.
"We can talk about it later.... Wassup Trish, you got beef; you need a hug too?" Alisha asked as she pulled Trish into her and gave her a hug as well.
"Nah Sha, I don't like it!" Trish said trying to push her off of her but her arms were wrapped tightly around her tiny frame.
"What you mad at me for this time?" Alisha asked because it was a common thing for Trish to find an issue with her simply because she was her best friend's girlfriend.
"First of all... since when did you start modeling?"
Alisha smiled and chuckled.
"That's what you mad about?" she asked.
"How you doing Sha... you ain't see me out there in the living room and ain't even say nothing," Maliah said.
"Nah I didn't my bad... you need a hug too?" Alisha asked although she was aware of how Maliah got down but being that a lot of time had passed since then and she was on a completely different path then she was in the previous months. She decided to let bygones be bygones and went over to give her a hug, realizing that Maliah was holding on tighter and longer than her liking. I guess nothing has changed with this one she thought to herself as the microwave signaled that her food was ready.
"Have a seat baby... I got it," Sharae said. Shelly's sisters began to talk with Alisha wanting to get to know this stranger who was fashionably late and seemed to have this mysterious charisma about her. That was one thing about Alisha, she didn't have to say or do much of anything.  Her aura spoke volumes and anyone who had the pleasure of coming across that shit, definitely felt it. She was definitely going to tell Sharae what happened between her and Keisha but also reassure her that nothing happened, although it almost did. It was clear that she would have to keep her distance as best as she could for she had another six months on the contract that she signed between she and Keisha. She couldn't just break out like that without any financial repercussions and she was also all caught up with her bills, her savings was stacked again and she planned a little something for Sharae on her birthday that was in a couple of months.
​The night ended into the early hours of the morning; Brittany and Tiffany shared the spare room that was big enough for all three of them, to include Maliah. Trish was staying the night as well and Shelly's mother and siblings headed home as well as a few friends of Adam's as well.
"You seemed a little off tonight babe... is everything okay?" Sharae asked Alisha as they were seated on the living room sofa, Sharae's legs were rested on Alisha's lap as they were watching reality television.
"There's something I need to tell you..." she said as she turned the television off and repositioned herself so that she was now facing Sharae, and she had her full attention.
"Aiight... so after my shoot tonight... Keisha called me into her office and she kissed me..."
"Excuse me," Sharae said with a raised eyebrow as she folded her arms across her chest.
"Baby... I can't lie to you and..."
"Did you kiss her back?" Sharae interrupted again. Alisha took a long sigh as she proceeded to tell Sharae everything that happened before she was saved by her phone call. Although Sharae was livid inside and she wanted to march right over to Keisha's house to give her a piece of her mind. She appreciated the fact that Alisha was so honest with her and understood that what happened was indeed a trigger to her addiction. She took a long sigh once Alisha finished telling her everything, which explained why she was so late for the Christmas party. She grabbed her face and pulled her in for a kiss.
"Thank you for telling me and also for not giving in so easily... I understand that Keisha is a very attractive woman but you don't have to work with her anymore. I'm sure you can find other gigs where your boss isn't trying to get in your pants," she said.
"You're not pissed right now?" Alisha asked.
"Oh no I am very pissed... at her. Not at you, shorty knows that you have a girlfriend and we've met a couple of times when I would come to some of your shoots. Sad thing is, there's more women like her than you and me who are a rarity. I'm just glad that we just so happened to find each other in the madness of this world," Sharae said as she continued to kiss Alisha all over her face.
"I love you."
"I love you."
"Alright you two break it up!" Trish said as she came downstairs wearing nothing but a pair of boy shorts and a white tank top with no bra on. She sat on the opposite chair of Sharae and Alisha and kicked her feet up, not before grabbing the remote control from Alisha and turning the television back on.
"Oh this is my shit!" she said as she got comfortable watching one of her favorite reality television shows.
"I'm a take that as my Q to head on home," Alisha said as she stood up and began to put her shoes back on.
"Aww babe do you have to leave so soon?" Sharae whined as she began to playfully pout. Alisha grabbed the bottom of her chin and pulled her in for a passionate, slow kiss; one that usually would make her wanna stay the night or take Sharae home with her; but it was the holidays and she had friends and family over.
"I'll see you later baby," she said as Sharae walked her to the door.
"Bye Sha!" Trish called out.
"Later Trish," Alisha said as she opened the door and was about to head out the door but Sharae pulled her in for another kiss.
"You better stop... I'll text you when I get home," Alisha said as she gave Sharae a kiss on her forehead that was just as familiar as the kiss she gave her on the day they first met then she left.
"What Sha talking about?" Trish asked as soon as Sharae joined her on the couch and grabbed the remote control from her to change the channel with her legs tucked up underneath her.
"You were right," she confessed to her best friend. Trish raised both of her eyebrows and decided to take a seat right next to her so she can hear exactly what it was that she was referring to.
"What happened?"
"Shorty tried to put the moves on my girlfriend tonight, that's what happened."
Trish dramatically through her hands up in the air.
"What the fuck did I tell you... never trust a bitch!" she said.
"I don't... I trust Sha though..."
Trish smirked as she folded her arms across her chest.
"What she tell you?" she asked out of curiosity.
"The truth."
"Whose version of the truth... listen, she came by when the party was damn near over and just came in looking guilty as shit! So what you're telling me is that Keisha's bad ass put the moves on Sha's fine ass and she ain't do nothing?"
"That's exactly what I'm telling you," Sharae said becoming annoyed at the fact that she felt as if her best friend was upset at the fact that unlike many other people, she trusted and had faith in her girlfriend; Alisha gave her no reason not to doubt her.
"I don't believe it," Trish said.
"You don't have to... she's my girlfriend; not yours," Sharae said.
"True... but I am your best friend and I just don't want you getting hurt... no shade," Trish said as she went back over to the couch that she was originally sitting on before she and Sharae got into their little disagreement.
"I appreciate your concern but Alisha is not out to hurt me," Sharae said.
"You don't know that... Nobody is perfect Rae. I'm just scared that you have her up on this high pedestal like she's a god of some sort. Even if she doesn't plan on hurting you, doesn't mean that it's impossible. Don't be naïve," Trish said.
"I do not have Alisha on any type of pedestal. I know that no one is perfect but we're perfect for each other."
"Who are you trying to convince... me or yourself?" Trish asked and that's when Share got silent. She did not know where this conversation was coming from nor did she like it and although she felt that it was coming from a good place, there was something not sitting well with her when it pertained to Trish and how she felt about their relationship.
"Why don't you like Sha or anyone that I get involved with?"
"It's not that I don't like Sha... I think she's a great person, however, you're my best friend and I love you and if she hurts you I'm going to jail. Period," Trish confirmed. They spent the rest of the night watching television in silence, even when Sharae went upstairs to her bedroom; Trish did not follow and the following day when she woke up, Trish was gone.
​On most occasions, friends and lovers do not mix; in regards to a friend of a friend who happens to feel a type of way about that friend's lover (for whatever reason that may be). There is a thin line between shade and protection in regards to maintaining that friendship that may or may not have an effect on the relationship at hand. However, relationship status' can change but true friendship does not which is why this situation is so delicate. It is normal for someone to be consumed with their lover to the point where he or she leaves earth temporarily for whenever their significant other is around. On the contrary, it is vital to come back to earth every once in a while and check in with those who have been there through the thick and thin regardless of a relationship status. In regards to Trish and Sharae, Trish has seen the heart break that Sharae went through with her ex who was hiding an entire wife among other things from her. Although Alisha was far from Sharae's ex-girlfriend she just seemed a little too perfect for her liking. Then again, as mentioned, Alisha was Sharae's girlfriend and not Trish's but Trish was indeed Sharae's best friend, her rider, and the Thelma to her Louise in a nutshell. She did not want to be put in a position whereas she had to choose between her best friend and her lover because neither one she felt was replaceable. On the contrary, Sharae couldn't help but feel as if her best friend wanted her relationship with Alisha to fail. As if she got off on the drama, although settled and taken care of in a timely matter between both she and Alisha. It just seemed that when Sharae would handle things between her and her lover, without her best friends consent or approval that she would feel this cloud of shade transpire within their relationship. Hopefully, that was not the case...
​It was New Year's Eve in the Big Apple and on this particular afternoon Alisha was out and about with Shelly. She and Shelly had exchanged contacts around the same time that she exchanged contacts with Adam for her own personal reasons. For one, Sharae was someone who was very important and vital in her life and she had plans for her as well as for the both of them; big plans. She liked and enjoyed Shelly's company and felt that she only wanted the best for her husband's God daughter who was more like a blood daughter more than anything.
"You're sure about this Sha?" Shelly asked Alisha and this had to have been the millionth time that she asked her this question since Alisha filled her in on what it was that she was planning for Sharae's birthday which was in a couple of months.
"I've never been so sure about something like this ever in my life... so for the millionth time... yes Ms. Shelly, I'm sure," Alisha said as she was admiring a French-set halo diamond band engagement ring in platinum with a 1.25 carat cushion diamond. This was the third jewelry store they visited in the last couple of hours.
"This is the one," Alisha said to herself but Shelly heard her and brought her attention to the very attractive engagement ring that her future Goddaughter in law was admiring and she couldn't help but smile.
"I must say Sha... you have really good taste when it pertains to jewelry... Can we see this one please?" Shelly asked as she tried to get an associates attention for them to get an up close and personal look at the diamond.
"What makes you so sure?" Shelly asked Alisha and again, this was the millionth time she asked her this question. She just wanted to be sure that Alisha was sure although her actions spoke volumes and the way that both she and Sharae interacted with one another; there was no denying of the chemistry and vibes that took place between the both of them. Alisha smiled for she expected the twenty-one questions coming from someone who was like a mother to Sharae.
"Sharae touches me in ways that no one ever has in places that I never knew existed. She's someone who I look forward to spending my future with, to grow with as well as someone who I enjoy exploring; both inside and out. She's a one of a kind woman and I don't plan on ever letting that go... she's the one for me as I am for her so what better way to symbolize that in making her my wife," Alisha said as one of the sales associates finally came to assist them and took the beautiful engagement ring from out of its cushion. Alisha held it in her hand, admiring it from every angle and picturing it on Sharae's beautiful finger and the thought put an automatic smile on her face.
"That's definitely the one," Shelly agreed then she asked, "Does Rae know where you are right now and when do you plan on popping the question because I want to make sure Adam and I are there?"
"I told her that I had some errands to run which is pretty accurate and absolutely... I honestly plan on asking her in a couple of months for her birthday but then again... if the feeling comes sooner than that I just like to be prepared. I'm asking her regardless of the occasion, I just want it to be as memorable as possible. She deserves nothing less than greatness," Alisha said as she told the sales associate what size she wanted the ring in and also put an order in for customized wedding bands for the both of them. She planned on making this her first and last time she planned on asking a woman to be her wife and it had to be perfect.
​"Well, well, well look who decided to show face," Trish said as she answered the door for the unexpected visit from Sharae who she hadn't seen yet alone spoken to since the Christmas party.
"This is stupid Trish, can I come in?" Sharae asked. Trish said nothing as she opened the door to her one bedroom apartment located in Spanish Harlem. She had been living on her own for the past couple of months. Having to hide away money from her drug addicted mother and sleep with one eye open on most nights being that there was so much traffic coming and going throughout the home she grew up in. Trish had enough and found nothing wrong with starting from the bottom on her own in order to get to where she needed to be. Although the outside of the apartments were run down and ghetto, inside was very serene, afro-centric and pure aromatherapy. As if the two of them didn't have a disagreement a couple of weeks ago, Sharae made herself comfortable in her friends' apartment and went straight for the refrigerator. She found a bottle of pink Moscato; grabbed a couple of wine glasses from the cabinet then took a seat at her dining table.
"What do you want Rae?" Trish asked acting as her best friend being in her home was an inconvenience.
"I want you to share a drink with me that's what I want," Sharae said as she poured a glass for the both of them and raised hers, waiting for Trish to do the same which didn't take long at all.
"Here's to friendship and not being mad with one another for whatever reason and to not allowing anything or anyone for that matter get in-between us and our friendship," Sharae said.
"I guess I can drink to that," Trish said as she raised an eyebrow but took a sip nonetheless.
"Trish."
"What Rae?"
"What's really good like are you really that upset with me?"
"It's not so much that I'm upset with you, it's just... what does it matter anyway; are you happy?"
"As happy as I've ever been in a very long time."
"How's Ms. Perfect anyway?" Trish asked referring to Alisha as she took another sip from her glass.
"See now is all of that necessary?"
"Rae... this is me. This is who I am and this is who I will always be... you never cared when I would talk shit about your other girlfriends..."
"Alisha isn't like my past girlfriends or any relationship that I've ever been in..."
"Okay so what do you want from me?"
"Your support... without the shade. Is that asking for too much?"
"I haven't thrown shade your way!"
Sharae said nothing but gave her best friend a look as if to tell her that she was so full of shit for allowing that to come out of her mouth.
"Aiight maybe a little but it was never towards you, it was towards Sha... I guess I can chill. I just don't wanna see you hurt," Trish said.
"Why are you so focused on me being hurt Trish? Listen... I trust that Sha won't hurt me..."
"Good for you..."
"This conversation clearly isn't going anywhere and you are entitled to feel the way that you do just... lay off the shade," Sharae said.
"So you really only came over here to talk about you and Alisha? That's what I mean, it feels like your entire being is wrapped around that woman. We used to have fun Sharae! We used to go out and fuck shit up whenever and now it's just... oh Sha this and Sha that... the shit is annoying to be honest. Like you haven't even asked me how I was doing or what's going on in my life... do you even care anymore?" Trish asked and she was serious. This hurt Sharae although this was something weighing heavy on Trish's heart for the longest.
"When don't I ask how you're doing and you always give me the same response? Same shit, different day. So don't sit up there acting as if I don't give two shits about you because that is far from the truth!" Sharae said as she felt her eyes begin to swell up.
"Rae you cannot sit up there in my own house and act as if things haven't changed between us..."
Sharae said nothing because Trish was right.
"Okay, so we don't go out as much but we still spend time together... do you want more?"
"And every time we do who are you always texting or on the phone with? All I'm asking is the same undivided attention you give Sha when she has your time should be the same amount time that you give me," Trish said. Sharae screwed her face up because she felt an underlying uneasiness in what Trish said.
"I do give you my undivided time and attention... you got it right now!"
"Oh bravo!" Trish said sarcastically as she dramatically began to clap her hands. Sharae rolled her eyes because her best friend could really be an asshole.
"I don't know what you want from me," she said.
"Listen, don't start acting brand new all because you have a new piece of ass and forget who was there for you and always will be." The shade was thick.
"Are you fuckin kidding me?" Sharae asked as she got up ready to leave. Trish took a long sip of her wine.
"Rae I love you and I only want what's best for you... I dead ass just start panicking whenever I feel that our relationship is being interfered with," Trish said.
"I love you too and no one is interfering with anything... I would never allow that to happen," Share assured her.
"You promise?"
"I fuckin promise crazy!"
Trish smiled and knew that Sharae meant every word and she planned on putting it to the test as well.
​Alisha could not stop opening and closing the box that held Sharae's ring inside of it since she got it. She knew that Shelly told her to let her know when she planned on proposing to the love of her life but in all actuality, she didn't have a plan. She went off vibes and the only set in stone plan was the proposal to Sharae aside from finding the perfect ring. Now that was out of the way, all she had to do was pop the question, but it had to be perfect because what they had was as close to perfection that she ever felt with another human being. It was still New Year's Eve in the Big Apple and the night was young. Jodi flew up to the city to kick it with both her best friend, Sharae and Trish for the New Year. She heard that New Year's Eve in the city was crazy and she wanted to be included in every part of it.
"Yo Sha..." Jodi walked in to Alisha's bedroom catching her in the heat of the moment on bended knee with an engagement ring rehearsing a proposal.
"Yooo..." Jodi said smiling as she walked towards Alisha.
"Yeah man this is it," Alisha confirmed.
"Are you gonna do it tonight?"
"Maybe... I'm a keep it in my pocket just in case."
"Congratulations... I'm so happy for you and you two really give me hope to find real love one day," Jodi said as she pulled Alisha in for a tight hug.
"Thank you man... thank you. You ready to pick up our dates and bring this New Year in right?!"
"Nigga I'm ready! I came in here to see if you were ready," Jodi said. The two friends finished getting ready until they were both satisfied and looking fine. Alisha with a crisp white shirt some pants and nice shoes; her long locks were neatly pulled back into a ponytail and Jodi wore a similar fit but with a vest.
​The couples ended up at a loft party that had the best view of the New York City skyline. Sharae wore a long, velvet black gown with a slit that went all the way up her left thigh. There was an oval opening in the front showing off her cleavage and she spent majority of her day in the salon getting her hair washed, blown out and curled. Her curls rested on her shoulders as black pumps were on her feet. Trish wore a black velvet two piece crop top with the pants set and her hair was slicked to the side in an extravagant bun. When Alisha and Jodi pulled up to pick up the ladies they were both very much impressed. Inside of the loft were three long bars that were alongside the walls. Comfortable plush sofas were in the VIP lounge. There was a huge balcony with an adjoining pool and hot tub. Although it was the middle of winter, there were a few who took advantage of the pool and hot tub. It was a three story loft with a different DJ playing different genres on each floor. The ladies got to their VIP section of the party through the crowded dance floor that as accompanied with a couple of bottles of Moet.
"You've gotta be fuckin' kidding me," Alisha said once she had a glimpse of one of the DJs and realized that it was Kori. Kori scoped out the couple as soon as they came through the door and although this was pure coincidence she was happy to see Alisha, although Alisha did not feel the same. Kori was looking good as usual spinning on the 1's and 2's. She cut her hair in a pixie cut and it was dyed blue black. Wearing a one piece crisscross, pink champagne colored cat suit that fit her body like paint, there was no surprise that her booth was far from empty with the many admirers keeping her glass full of booze. She winked at Alisha when she noticed her watching her and Alisha turned away.
"Damn... Is that Kori?" Jodi stating the obvious.
"Babe you wanna leave?" Alisha asked Sharae wanting to be sure that her girl wasn't uncomfortable.
"Now why would I wanna do that? I've been meaning to have some words with her anyway," Sharae said.
"There's no need for that... let's make a toast," Trish said not wanting Kori's presence to cause any conflict between any of them. After the talk she and Sharae had earlier that day, she realized that she may have been a little harsh but at the end of the day her loyalty was to Sharae.
"Toast before the countdown?" Alisha asked Trish as she screwed her face up.
"Listen... pour your girl a glass and raise them up!" Trish said and Alisha smiled as she did what she was told. Although her attention was back on her company, she could feel Kori's eyes watching her every move
"Aiight what we toasting to beautiful?" Jodi asked as her hands rested comfortably on the small of Trish's back.
"I want to make a toast to Rae... for being one of the realist and sweetest people I've known for a very long time. I want to wish you nothing but greatness and abundance in love and in anything that you put your mind to and I also want to extend that toast to you Sha... It eases my heart to know what a real muthafucka you are, however, don't get too comfortable or I'm a have to kick your ass!" Trish said in all seriousness and this made Alisha smile.
"I got you," was all she said.
"Awww Trish... that was so sweet," Sharae said.
"Yeah well don't get used to it... oh yeah and I want to toast to the each of us having some bomb ass sex to bring in the New Year with and nothing less for the remainder of the year and beyond!" Trish continued.
"Now I will definitely toast to that!" Jodi chimed in as all four ladies clinked their glasses then took a sip of the champagne before heading to the dance floor. Alisha's hands never leaving Sharae's body that was looking perfect in the elegant yet sexy gown she wore. Sharae grinded up against her as their bodies moved to the rhythm of the song, not realizing that Kori was close by and about to intervene between the two lovers. She cut in the middle of Alisha and Sharae so smoothly that before either one of them could respond, the crowded dancefloor swallowed them up.
"Damn you look even better than the last time I saw you," Kori said over the loud music as her arms were wrapped around Alisha's neck.
"Kori what are you doing here?" Alisha asked she got her hands off of her hands and tried to separate from her as best as she could on the crowded dance floor. Her eyes began to search for Sharae who wasn't far and she could tell that by the look in her face she was pissed.
"Working of course... the city ain't that big. How are you?" Kori asked.
"I'm good what do you want?"
"Don't ask me that," Kori said as she was abruptly snatched away by her hair by Sharae who wasted no time letting her know how she felt.
"I told your ass before that i would mop the floor with your ass if you were to ever pull some dumb shit with me and my girl," she said. Kori went to swing at Sharae but was held back by Alisha and soon they were joined by Jodi and Trish. Trish had Sharae's back and Jodi had Alisha's while she held Kori back from putting her hands on Sharae.
"Alisha let me go!" she screamed. Security came to defuse the situation and threatened to kick all five of them out which meant that Kori would not be getting paid double for the fact she was working on one of the busiest nights of the city.
"Well, I'm not going anywhere until I get paid," Kori said to the security with her arms folded.
"We're not leaving either. Your bum ass started the shit when you should've been up in your booth minding your damn business," Sharae said. Security came to a resolution and escorted Kori back to her booth.
"What the fuck," Trish said to Alisha.
"Yo let's not allow this to ruin our night," Jodi chimed in.
"This ain't about to ruin shit," Alisha said as she took Share by the hand and asked if she was okay.
"I'm good," was all Sharae said as she and Trish went to the ladies room to freshen up.
"Shorty was about to catch these hands," she said to Trish.
"You know I would've had your back right?" Trish chimed in.
"I already know," Sharae said as she fixed herself in the mirror and made sure that her hair was still in place which it was.
"What happened?" Trish asked and Sharae told her the details of what happened before the altercation.
"Sha need to have a better handle on her bitches," Trish said. Sharae took a deep and long sigh before they decided to join Jodi and Alisha at the party.
"You good babe?" Alisha asked Sharae again once they were alone.
"I told you I'm good," she said.
"So what's with the attitude?"
"Am I gonna have to deal with running into your ex like this for as long as we're together?" Sharae asked.
"Don't let Kori ruin our night," Alisha said.
"It's a serious question... the bitch done moved her entire life to be closer to you and cause havoc in our relationship. It doesn't help the fact that you fucked the bitch not too long ago," Sharae said feeling herself become angry all over again.
"Babe that was months ago and long before we made things official... Have I not been transparent with you ever since?"
"Yes you have but... this is the shit I'm talking about. Every single time this bitch is brought up I just get this uneasiness worry in my gut."
"What are you worried about?"
"That one of these days when I'm not around, you'll end up fucking her again."
Hearing those words leave Sharae's lips really hurt Alisha and I was obvious that she did not trust her one hundred percent like she claimed.
"Damn..." was all she said.
"I'm a go outside and get some fresh air," Sharae said as she left Alisha seated at the VIP lounge alone. She decided not to follow her and give her space as she felt in her pocket for the beautiful ring she purchased hours earlier. She decided to take it out of her pocket and examine it as her mind began to wonder. Maybe all of this was too much for Sharae to be able to handle and maybe it was too soon for wedding bells. She wasn't having second thoughts on making her wife but she realized that she had a lot to think about.
"You good man...where's Rae?" Jodi asked as she and Trish joined Alisha. She abruptly put the ring back in her pocket.
"What was that?" Trish asked although she already had a feeling of what was inside of the velvet black box.
"Yeah man I'm good... she just went outside to cool off," Alisha said ignoring Trish's question, but Jodi knew better than that, however, she didn't push.
"Excuse me Sha, I know you heard me," Trish said.
"Wassup man," Alisha said.
"What's in the box?"
"Something sacred."
Trish gasped dramatically as she covered her mouth with her hands.
"Trish please don't tell Rae," Jodi said not wanting her to spoil the surprise that Alisha had for Sharae.
"Are you kidding me right now Sha...So, let me ask you something why aren't you out there with her?" Trish asked.
"Yes ma'am," Alisha said not even wanting to get into the details with Sharae's best friend as she got up and headed outside to the balcony to find Sharae. She was standing off to the side away from the crowd by a garden of roses just looking out into the clouds. Alisha decided to take out her phone and snap a picture to capture this moment and have it forever before she decided to join her.
"Penny for your thoughts." Alisha said as she leaned on the rail of the balcony alongside Sharae who in turn held her hand out for the penny. Alisha took out her wallet and pulled a penny from out of it, handing it to Sharae.
"I know you can't control what other people do. I also know that you're a very attractive woman who will be be tried on more than one occasion..." she began.
"As you are too."
"This isn't about me..."
"But it's about us," Alisha said.
"Touché," Sharae agreed. Alisha grabbed both of Sharae's hands and brought them up to her lips.
"I love you," she said.
"I love you too.
"Do you trust me?" Alisha asked Sharae and she hesitated to answer that's all she needed to know.
"What changed?" Alisha asked her.
"Nothing... it's not you, it's me. I'm the one who still isn't over what happened between you and your ex and then to have something similar almost happen the night of the Christmas party... I don't know Sha..." Sharae said as she turned her back to Alisha so that she wouldn't be able to see the hurt in her eyes. Alisha gently placed her arms around Sharae's waist, turning her around to face her and pulled her in for a tight hug. It was what the both of them needed and she smelled and felt so good.
"I don't want for you to not be able to fully trust me," Alisha said.
"Sha it's me..."
"Nah it's not. It's both of us. What I did, although we weren't together, there was still an undeniable connection between the both of us and you're still hurt by that. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and be stronger but I can't. As far as what happened the night of the Christmas Party... that completely took me off guard but nothing happened," Alisha said.
"I know..."
Alisha brought Sharae's face up to hers and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.
"What do I have to do to show you how committed I am to not only us but to you?" she asked her.
"There's nothing more you can do to be honest..." Sharae said looking off into the distance. Alisha took this moment to get down on one knee while holding Sharae's left hand.
"I have reason to believe that's not true," she said while taking the velvet box from out of her pocket.
"Sha... what are you doing?" Sharae asked as her heart began to beat faster and faster.
"Sharae Ava Moore... I'm not perfect. We're not perfect, but I have reason to believe that you're perfect for me as I am for you. There's no doubt in my mind that I want to spend the rest of my life not only growing as an individual but growing with you. I want to spend the rest my life making you happy and waking up to that sweet face of yours and feeling your beautiful aura all around me, because although we've only known one another a few months. I feel like my soul was split in two until it laid eyes on you... will you make me the wealthiest woman on earth by marrying me and being my wife?" there was no better time than the present in Alisha's eyes. Although her earlier thoughts about it being too soon and maybe she should wait, but hearing Sharae say that there was nothing more than she could do was the motivation to get down on one knee and ask her anyway. They did not notice an anxious crowd that surrounded them in expectation to see what Sharae's answer would be. Jodi and Trish had joined with their camera phones out recording the whole thing.
"Are you serious?" Sharae asked with tears of joy in her eyes. Alisha opened the box to reveal the engagement ring she purchased earlier with Shelly.
"Alisha... yes! How could I not want to spend the rest of my life with you?" Sharae said as Alisha took the ring out of its cushion and slid it onto Sharae's finger. It was the perfect fit. There was applause and cheers in the background as Alisha and Sharae shared an embrace and passionate kiss. They were joined by Trish and Jodi moments later.
"Yo congratulations again man!" Jodi said as she hugged her best friend.
"Girl that ring is fire!" Trish said as she could not stop admiring Sharae's finger before giving her a hug.
"I gotta call the girls!" she excitedly said as she took out her phone and Face Timed Charisma to tell her the news who in turned Face Timed Bianca to tell her the news. Not everyone was happy for the newly engaged couple. Standing off in the mist of the crowd was Kori raging with jealousy and envy. She could not believe what she just witness and felt it was a slap in the face for Alisha to propose to woman she only knew for a few months when they had years of history with one another. Alisha and Sharae paid her no mind while walking clear past her to head back inside just in time for the countdown to yet another year.
​"Alisha asked this hoe to marry her!" Kori was fuming in her loft apartment on the phone with her best friend, Chelsea. Smoking a blunt while drinking a bottle of wine she never bothered to pour into a cup while she was going through the motions of her reality. The woman she was very much in love with made a vow to someone else to spend the rest of her life with. That shit killed her internally and made her angry.
"What?!" Chelsea asked in disbelief.
"Bitch! She asked that hoe to marry her on New Year's Eve literally right after seeing me... like why would she do that? Is she serious, did she do that to hurt me cuz it worked!"
"Wait a minute bitch.... rewind. Ya'll were together New Year's Eve?"
"Well not exactly... but that's not the point. Chelsea what the fuck do I do now?!" Kori screamed at her walls. She had a bitch fit the moment she got home from her gig and it was still technically the New Year and here she was on the phone crying to her best friend about a situation she felt she no longer had control over.
"Bitch you gotta let it go... I know it hurts but Alisha has moved on for real this time."
"What the fuck does this bitch have that I don't have? We been rocking for years and no it hasn't been perfect but damn... That ring should be on my motherfuckin finger with all the back and forth, limbo bullshit I put up with!"
"I hear you girl," Chelsea cosigned.
"I thought this was just some phase Sha was going through... you know how she is. She gets mesmerized by the new and unknown. She has the attention span of a cat and the sexual stamina of a 16 year old who just lost their virginity... and here comes this Sharae bitch like who the fuck does she think she is?"
"Kori... you need to just move on back to Miami because your plan was it ain't work," Chelsea said.
"Nah fuck that! The money long here and I ain't going nowhere. I'm a call you back," Kori said as she hung up and called Maliah.
"Well this is a pleasant surprise... Happy New Year gorgeous!" Maliah yelled over the loud music in the background. It was obvious that she was still celebrating the festivities.
"Can you come over?"
"What's wrong?"
"I just need for you to come over," Kori said then hung up. She then decided to call Alisha and she was sent straight to voice mail.
"Are you serious Alisha? You really asked this bitch to be your wife and marry you? I saw the whole thing and that's some bullshit! It's bullshit because you don't even know this girl and here I am trying to make things right with you and you ask someone else to marry you're ass! How dare you disrespect me! You will be seeing me again and tell your little wifey to watch her muthafuckin back! Bitch!" Satisfied with the voice mail she left for Alisha she hung up and puffed on the fat blunt she rolled up earlier.
"These bitches got me fucked up!" she said to herself.
​"Sha you told me you were gonna wait!" Shelly said as she and Alisha embraced. The following afternoon she accompanied Sharae to her home to tell Adam and Shelly of the news. Their night which started off a little rocky with Kori trying to blow their vibes had ended on a perfect note with a lot of love making. Alisha thought to herself that if it were biologically possible, she definitely would've gotten Sharae pregnant on New Year's.
"My bad, my bad... it felt right so I had to," Alisha said.
"Well congratulations my love," Shelly said excitedly. Adam called Alisha into the kitchen with him while Sharae and Shelly remained in the living room still excited about the engagement.
"Have a beer with me," Adam said to Alisha has he cracked open two Corona bottles for the both of them. They clinked bottles before each taking a sip of the cold and crisp brew.
"I want to just have a heart to heart with you since you're technically a part of the family and have been unknowingly for some time now..." Adam began. Alisha said across from him and just listened as he talked.
"Rae is more than just my Goddaughter but she is my daughter. I was there when she was born, I've watched her grow into the beautiful and amazing woman that she is and has yet to become. I see so much potential in her... and in you too. So my question to you is what does marriage mean to you?" Adam asked. This question caught Alisha off guard but she was always quick on her feet and quick with a comeback especially when it came down to something or someone she was undeniably passionate about.
"I guess I should've seen this conversation coming... but to answer your question, marriage means more to me than just a title or a wedding. I feel like after the wedding is when a marriage truly starts and it means unconditional love and adoration especially on those bad days when you don't even like your partner, cuz you're not gonna like them all the time but when you love them... unconditionally and are reminded of why every single day just by the sound of their voice. The little quirky habits they have that may annoy you from time to time but also being confident that you have someone down to ride with and for you for life. Marriage to me is priceless and I'm only doing it once so..." Alisha said. Adam smiled at her because her answer did not surprise him at all.
"It sound to me like you've been ready to become one with my Goddaughter for quite some time now. You have my blessing Sha... you both do," Adam said as he noticed both Shelly and Sharae eavesdropping on their conversation. Sharae joined them in the kitchen and wrapped her arms tightly around Adam.
"I love you so much," she said.
"I love you more baby girl," Adam said.
"So when should we be expecting grandbabies?!" Shelly asked excitedly.
"Whoa... can we plan the wedding first?" Sharae said.
"I'm ready whenever Rae is to be honest," Alisha said as she looked Sharae up and down giving her that look that only she knew.
"So does this mean that you will be moving in with Sha?" Shelly asked.
"After graduation yes," Sharae said. Which was something that she and Alisha spoke about during their long night.
"Well baby... I guess this means that all of the money we saved for Rae's apartment is gonna be put towards the wedding," Shelly said excitedly.
"Speaking of which..." Adam began but was interrupted by the doorbell. Sharae went to answer it and was bombarded by Trish, Charisma and Bianca who showered her with hugs and congratulations.
"Girl when is the bachelorette party?" Charisma asked.
"For real cuz I need to start saving now!" Bianca chimed in.
"We should do Vegas!" Trish added.
"You know what they say, whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!" Charisma added as the girls high-fived each other.
"Oh my God Rae... that ring is fuckin ridiculous!" Bianca said grabbing a hold of Sharae's hand as they joined everyone else in the kitchen.
"Hey Adam! Hey Shelly!" all the girls said in unison.
"Sha Sha!" Charisma said as she hugged Alisha so tight she almost cut off her circulation.
"Wassup Charisma. Hey Bianca," Alisha said as she stood up to give all the ladies a hug.
"You ladies came right on time," Adam said as Shelly began to start on dinner.
"So when's the date?!"
"When's the bachelorette party?!"
"Are they gonna be conjoined cuz that's corny?!"
"What are the colors?"
"Ohhhh what about a destination wedding?"
"Well just to let ya'll know, I do not look good in yellow so that's a dub!"
"Wait, how you gon' tell them what you don't look good in?"
"Girl!"
The questions coming from all three friends were coming a mile a minute. So much so that Alisha and Adam excused themselves to the living room to see what was on television.
"Where you think you going Sha? You a part of this too!" Trish called out to her.
"Rae already knows that whatever she wants I got her. She wants a big wedding, fine. She doesn't; that's cool with me too. At the end of the day long as she's happy I'm good," Alisha said.
"Happy wife, happy life," Adam agreed with Alisha.
"Well..." Charisma said.
"Sha you got any cousins? Brothers? Sisters? Anything?" Bianca called out to her.
"Girl what you doing tonight?" Trish asked Sharae.
"Kicking it with ya'll what'chu mean?" she asked back as if she should've known better.
"What? You actually gonna come hang out with us?" Bianca asked.
"You guys need to stop, have I really been that bad?"
"I mean we know you're a full time student and work with Adam in the shop.... but...." Charisma chimed in.
"I told you," Trish said.
"Aiight well my bad for not spending enough time with you guys," Sharae said.
"We better get all the time we can get in now before you become a Mrs..."
"And pop out some babies!"
"What is with you guys and the baby talk... nobody is having any babies any time soon!" Sharae said.
"Yeah you say that now," Trish said because she knew her friend and also knew that being a mother was something she always looked forward to. Sharae and Alisha only had a few more days off until the semester started again. They decided to spend the remainder of their vacation with their friends.  As expected, when Alisha told Tori the news of her engagement she was shocked as well and couldn't wait to see the both of them in a couple of months for her bachelorette festivities in Las Vegas.
"I'm surprised but not really surprised man... it was written all over your face the time you brought her around us for your birthday weekend," Tori said over Face Time while she and Alisha were on the phone. She was chilling in the comfort of her home with Blu. Jodi had went back to Miami and Alisha finally got to meet Tori's fiancée, Paige who reminded her of Meagan Good but with long honey brown locks. She was gorgeous as she congratulated Alisha as well and told her how she couldn't wait to meet her and Sharae.
"Now I see why Tori's been hiding you away from everyone... you're beautiful sweetheart," Alisha said.
"Thanks babe, so are you!" Paige called everybody babe and it was a term of endearment for her that some may have taken offense to but that's just who she was.
"I'm looking forward to finally meeting you see what you all about..." Alisha said.
"Oh most definitely, same here! Tori's told me so much about you and your fiancée."
"I wish i could say the same about you cuz Tori has been awfully quiet about you!" Alisha said as she gave Tori the middle finger who gave it back.
"Well... with good reason. I'll let you guys get back to it. Nice meeting you babe," Paige said as she blew a kiss into the camera to Alisha who pretended to catch it before saying the same.
"Bruh!" Alisha said to Tori with raised eyebrows.
"I know man, I know," Tori already knew where this conversation was headed.
"She's sweeter than candy man... Where you find her at?!" Alisha teased.
"Man shut up! Nah, that's my baby though and take a wild guess!"
"Church!" Alisha blurted out.
"Nigga how'd you know?" Tori asked.
"Cuz nigga I know you... if your ass ain't in church, you about to be in church or you on your way to church! But nah that's wassup though man... Is she the preacher's daughter or something?"
"Man what the fuck?!" Tori said laughing at how spot on her best friend was.
"That was dead ass a guess! So you marrying the preacher's daughter? How does the pastor feel about that?"
Tori was silent for a moment.
"The pastor has no idea neither does the first lady," she confessed.
"What? Is that why you guys are doing a Vegas wedding?"
"I mean it's what we both agreed on. Her family has no idea about her orientation which isn't secluded to one gender. She was dating a guy a couple of years before we crossed paths and things just happened. We started off as friends and well... you already know what happens when two people begin to spend a lot of time with one another."
"True. So ya'll just gonna drop the bomb on them after the wedding huh?"
"Yeah we plan on having a big party afterwards and telling them beforehand. I told her she has nothing to be scared about... her father loves me."
"Yeah we'll see about that after he realizes you been screwing his daughter!" Alisha teased.
"Man shut the fuck up! Yo how's Rae doing, I'm surprised she isn't up under you hiding somewhere," Tori changed the subject.
"She's beautiful as always. I miss her ass like crazy... It's been a couple of days since we spent some time but she's been hanging with the ladies doing her thing you know."
"So when's the wedding?!"
"When we have a date you will be the first to know!"
"Bet!"
"Aiight but I'm a let you go. See what my baby been up to and if her friends still holding her hostage."
"I thought you said she was doing her thing... let her do her thing. Distance makes the heart grow founder."
"Don't I know it! I love you man."
"I love you too," Tori said and they hung up then Alisha decided to call Sharae and see what she was up to on this Saturday night.
"Hi baby," Sharae answered and Alisha could hear all of the commotion going on in the background.
"Hey beautiful what you up to?"
"Oh nothing much at the bar with the ladies... what are you doing?"
"Thinking about your fine ass... Just got off the phone with Tori and Paige. She's a sweetheart."
"I bet she is and I can't wait to meet her. Speaking of which I need to get my flights for Vegas."
"No worries babe, I already got our flights," Alisha said.
"When did you do that?"
"Like a couple of days after Tori gave me the dates. I got you babe. We in there!"
"Ayyyye!" Sharae said.
"Is that Sha?" Alisha could hear Trish ask on the other end of the phone.
"Yes," Sharae said.
"Hey Sha!" Trish yelled into the phone.
"Tell your crazy ass bestie I said wassup and don't yell at me," Alisha said laughing as Sharae relayed the message.
"I'll be over later okay?" she said to Alisha.
"I'll be waiting."
"Did you eat?"
"I did... but you know I can always eat," Alisha said and Sharae automatically knew that she wasn't talking about food.
"So I'll see you later then," Sharae said as they said their 'I love yous' before hanging up.
​Meanwhile at Kori's loft apartment where she had finally confided in Maliah about the history she had with Alisha.
"Is that the reason why you befriended me?" Maliah asked as she began to put two and two together and realizing that Kori was really missing a few marbles.
"That was the bonus. I had no idea how close you and Sharae are but when I found out... I couldn't help myself," Kori said as she shrugged.
"Me and Rae may not see eye to eye sometimes but at the end of the day she's family, and you're bugging!" Maliah said as she headed towards the door to leave but Kori stopped her as she ran to the kitchen, grabbed a kitchen knife and threatened to slit her throat if she were to move another inch closer to that door.
"You're fuckin crazy," Maliah said with fear in her eyes although she was scared shitless and had no idea what the fuck Kori wanted her to do.
"You remember Trevor right... your ex-boyfriend, well I gave him a call just in case you wanted to act froggy," Kori warned her.
"How the fuck did you get his number?"
"I have my ways... money talks and bullshit walks..."
"What do you want from me Kori?"
"You are going to do every single thing I tell you to do to stop this wedding from even happening," Kori said.
"What wedding?!" Maliah asked acting as if she didn't know what Kori was talking about.
"You know what fuckin' wedding, don't fuckin play with me! You cute but you ain't that fuckin' cute. I will cut you," Kori threatened.
"And what's in it for you even if they don't get married... you think Alisha is going to come running to your arms? She loves Sharae... like no bullshit!"
"Fuck outta here! I don't care what you think and Alisha been off her meds for some time now so she ain't thinking clearly! I need that bitch out of the picture ASAP!" Kori said with rage in her eyes. Maliah said nothing as Kori held the blade of the knife so close to her neck that it felt as if she was going to slit her throat. She felt defeated and wished that she had never even met Kori but unfortunately, she could not turn back the hands of time and now had to obey or else there would be some serious repercussions on her end that she was not ready to face.