{ eight }

When Lincoln and Kady arrived Polis, using Trikru's horses, everyone stopped what they were doing to look at Kady.

Lincoln had taught her some basic things and even braided her hair but not even that would make things better.

"Come on," Lincoln said to her and helped her get out of the horse. "Follow me." He said and started to walk towards where Kady thought Anya would be. "Heda." He called.

"Bants osir." Anya, Kady supposed, said. 

"It means leave us." Lincoln said lower to Kady. "Kady Foster kom Skaikru." Lincoln presented Kady to Anya.

"What is she doing here?" Anya asked, standing up.

"You said if any of Skaikru members surrender, you would spare their lives."

"Why her?" Anya asked, looking up and down to Kady.

"I'm a quick learner. I can manage a gun and probably a sword too."

"She talks." Anya said to Lincoln and then looked at Kady. "How far would you go to protect your friends?"

"All the far you want me to be." Kady replied and took a deep breath.

"You'll fight one of my warriors. If you win, we will spare your friend's lives. If you lose, you'll die with them." Anya said. "Get Lexa here." She said to a girl that was there.

"Anya, she's not ready." Lincoln said, trying to be the voice of the reason.

"You would be surprised with the strength some people have." Anya looked at him and he decided to call it an end.

"I'll do it." Kady said and then looked at Lincoln. "I rather die trying that survive and then be the cause of their deaths." 

"I know you do." 

When a brunette girl entered the place they were, Kady was surprised to see that she had two swords on one hand. She handed Kady one which made her look at it surprisedly. 

"Fight." Anya ordered and Lexa started but so far, all that Kady could do was dodge her moves. 

"Do something." Lexa encouraged Kady and Kady struck a couple of times. Of course, Lexa dodged the moves but it just proved what Anya wanted. 

Kady had already cut on her arm and even one on her face — due to the fact that she wasn't fast enough — but finally she did hit Lexa with the sword — which made Lincoln, Anya, and even Lexa proud.

"Enough." Anya said, standing up. "Thank you, Lexa." She nodded at her second and Lexa nodded back.

"Good luck on your journey." Lexa said to Kady and shook her hand. "And I'm sorry about those." She pointed to the cuts and then, left the room.

"Here." Lincoln walked over Kady and cleaned her wounds. "You okay?" He asked low and she nodded, quietly.

"You proved me what I needed to be sure of." Anya looked at Kady with attention. "You are fast, you've got good moves and most important of all... You're dedicated. You were willing to die if it would mean that your friends were saved." Anya stopped for a while. "Tomorrow we'll ride to Skaikru camp and offer a deal of peace. That's the best I can do."

"Thank you." Kady looked at Anya who nodded her head.

"Although, as Lincoln probably told you, there are many other clans outside these walls. They'll have to be careful about Mount Weather and Azgeda."