{ eleven }

Before Kady left, she went to Clarke. She needed to know the real and honest reason why Clarke sent her a letter. 

"Give us a minute?" Clarke asked Riley who was next to her and he nodded, walking over the bonfire. "Kady."

"What's going on?"

"I called you here because we have a problem."

"We." She looked at Clarke. "Have no problem."

"It's about Bellamy." Clarke looked at Kady, standing up. 

"Isn't it always?" Kady crossed her arms. She was very jealous of Bellamy and Clarke.

"Jaha is planning on killing him." 

"Come again?" Kady uncrossed her arms and got closer to Clarke.

"I heard him talking to Shumway." Clarke said lower. "I would take care of it but..."

"You don't want more blood on your hands." Kady said softly which made Clarke nod. "I'll take of it."

"Tonight?"

"Give me 20 minutes." Kady said and walked away from Clarke, in her way to meet Monty. "What are you up too, Green boy?" She smiled gently at her friend and he smiled back.

"Making moonshine. Do you want some?" He asked kindly but she denied. 

"I could use your help with something, though."

"What's up?" Monty looked at her and she bounced her head.

"Have you figured out how to make the poison that nearly got Jasper killed?" Kady asked low and Monty nodded. "Can you get me a bottle of it?"

"A— a bottle? That's the double of what they put into Jasper." He said surprised.

"That's right." She looked at Monty but she saw his eyes, she sighed. "I'm sorry that I asked. I don't want to put you in a hard position. I'll find another way."

"I'm sorry I can't help you, Kady." Monty said sadly. "But I know that if you're looking for that is because the person that you want to put that is bad." 

"He is." She nodded slowly. This wasn't just about Bellamy. Shumway was aware of what the guards did to her but he never stopped it.

"Be careful, okay? And say goodbye before you go again." He frowned and she smiled a little, walking over the bonfire.

"Why do you want the poison?" Wells asked behind her and then, moved to her side.

"Shumway."

"Kady." Wells called and she looked at him, her eyes red of the tears she was holding back from remembering everything. "This isn't you."

"Your dad wants to kill Bellamy. He'll use Shumway to do it because he knows that Shumway is the only one who would want to hurt Bellamy. And you know I hold a grudge against Shumway."

"If my dad is the one that wants Bellamy dead... Why don't you—"

"Jesus, Wells. I'm not gonna kill Jaha. He is a hypocrite that's sure but he also saved me in the Ark. Plus, he's your father." Kady said softly.

"Thank God." Wells said and held Kady close to a hug. "Don't get caught and make sure he's dead."

"Will do." She said and kissed his cheek.

Kady pretended to leave and she hid on a tree, waiting for everyone to go to their tents. Once everyone did, Kady started to think the best way she could kill Shumway without causing waves. 

Eventually, she jumped off the tree and grabbed her dagger as she walked through the camp. When she reached Shumway's tent, she made sure no one saw her and she opened it carefully. He was sleeping like a baby but his gun was still next to him.

Before she could breathe, he turned around quickly and shot her in the shoulder. Kady groaned in pain and Shumway managed to get on top of her to try to kill her. As the air feels more difficult for Kady to breathe she started to close her eyes but then she remembered she still had her dagger. 

She did a giant effort to reach it without caught his attention and when she did, she sliced his throat faster than he could react. His blood started to drip to her face and finally, she breathed out. Her right arm was still bleeding from the bullet but at this point, she didn't know what hurt the most.

Tying up a piece of cloth around her arm, she left the tent but she could barely walk. His blood was all over her face and neck and it was almost impossible to distinguish which blood was hers, which blood was his.

"Kady?" Bellamy asked when he stood out of his tent. "What are you—" He stopped himself when he saw the blood and her arm. "Kady!" He ran to her and caught her before she fell.

"Help me get back to the horse. Please." She asked, holding him close. 

"You're bleeding from your arm? What happened?" He asked worried as he carried her to the horse. 

"Look at me." She asked when he put her on the horse. "Shumway was after you. And he knew about what the guards did to me."

"You kill him."

"I did everyone a favor. Be careful, Bellamy. Not everyone is telling you the truth on this camp." She said and put her hand on his face carefully.

"You were shot. Let me at least go with you." He said sadly to her. 

"You can't but I'll be fine."

"How will I know that you're going to be safe? I'm coming with you—"

"Bellamy." She said weakly. "Please. Stay here but be careful."

"I don't know who to trust anymore." He admitted and she nodded slowly. 

"You'll know who." She said and then patched her horse carefully. "Polis, babe. Take us to Polis." She said lower and leaned into the horse as it did their way to Polis.