Prologue 3: Hal Jordan

"Where is that exactly?" I asked, wanting to know where this supposed 'Odym, home of the Blue Lanterns' was.

" It's not on Earth." He stated, as if that wouldn't freak me out.

"What?! You want to take me to a different planet?!" I said, whether in anger or happiness I didn't know.

"Yes. Now come on. We have to leave immediately." He replied.

I followed him, half nervous, half excited. Would there be people like me there?

We flew up into the air, for what seemed like hours, until we reached outer space. Outer. Space. I was so excited. Green Lantern told me that our rings would let us breathe out here, so I wasn't worried.

It was such an amazing sight. All of the stars were brighter than I had ever imagined.

When we reached Odym, I was completely dumbfounded. So many different species either walked, slithered, or flew around the blue planet. Nobody looked human though.

When we touched the ground, everyone stared at us. I suddenly felt self-conscious, not used to being the center of attention. Green Lantern walked with confidence towards a huge white building, while I trailed behind him, like a lost puppy.

We walked straight into the building, and a humanoid figure stepped out of the shadows. I couldn't help but gasp when I saw what he looked like.

He wore the same uniform as me, and everyone else on this strange planet. He was all white, with pure black eyes, and the top of his head went down his back, almost like hair.

"Hal Jordan. It has been a long time." He stated.
My eyes widened. I had just found out Green Lantern's real name.

"Hello Saint. Yes, it's been a while. How you doing?" He asked nonchalantly.

"What have you come here for, Green Lantern?" He deadpanned, completely ignoring 'Hal's' question.

"This is Alya Vivani. The newest member of the Blue Lantern Corps." He grinned at Saint.

Saint's gaze shifted to me. I felt awkward, as it seemed like he was assessing me.

"How did you get your power ring, young one?" He asked quite kindly for someone that looked so scary.

"I-it came to me. O-On Earth." I stuttered.
"I see." He nodded. I moved my gaze to my shoes.

He looked back to Hal. "As she is from Earth, and, due to her age, she should stay on Earth, at least for now. Will you train her to be the best Blue Lantern she can be, Hal Jordan?"

He stared at me for a second, and I thought my heart would fall out of my chest. If he said no, would I have to stay here, on this strange,new planet?

"I will." Hal finally answered.

I almost burst with excitement there and then. He actually wanted to train me.

"Very well." He turned to me.
"You will stay on Earth, with Hal, and train to be Earth's Blue Lantern. Do you accept?"

"I do." I say without hesitation. I knew this is what I was born to do.

"It's settled then. You will be Earth's next Blue Lantern."