Chapter 7: Spaceship ride

"So this would be the front door, and this would be the back." Megan said, pointing to two opposite sides of the cave.

"The cave is actually the whole mountain. It was hollowed out and reinforced by Superman and Green Lantern in the early days of the League." Wally explained, trying to impress M'gann.

"Then why abandon it?" Superboy asks confusedly.

"The caves secret location was compromised," Aqualad told us.

"So they traded it in for a tourist trap?" Robin said sarcastically. "Makes sense."

"If the villains know about the cave, we must be on constant alert." M'gann says, straightening up.

"The villains know we know, that they know about the cave, so they wouldn't think to look here." Robin tried to explain, but I think it came out wrong, leaving us kinda confused.

"What he means is," Wally cuts in, "we're hiding in plain sight."
M'gann nods with a look of realization. "Ah, that makes sense."

Suddenly, Superboy perks up, sniffing the air. "I smell smoke." He said shortly, and M'gann gasped.

"My cookies!" She shouts, and flies off quickly, towards the kitchen, us following. She flew to the oven, opening it and letting out the remaining smoke. She pulls out a tray, with small blackened circles, the remnants of M'gann's cookies, on it.

She places it on the island/counter thing, and sighs sadly. "I was trying out Grammy Jones' recipe from episode 17 of-" She stops talking.
"Heh, never mind."

"I bet they would have tasted great," Robin said kindly. "He doesn't seem to mind."

Wally was quickly going through the blackened cookies, shoving three into his mouth at a time.

"What? I have a serious metabolism." He says defensively, with cookies still in his mouth, chocolate chips spraying everywhere when he talked.

I walked over, and took a cookie, biting into it. If you looked past the burnt taste, it was actually really good. Robin and Aqualad looked at me skeptically, almost asking what is this weirdo doing? While Superboy seemed uninterested, staring boredom into space, while M'gann stared at me expectantly, waiting for my opinion.

"If you didn't burn them, they would have been really good. And besides, they're ten times better than when Hal tries to cook."

M'gann nods, unsure if that was a compliment or not. "I'll make more?" She asks hesitantly.

"It was sweet of you to make any." Aqualad assures her, smiling kindly at her.

"Thank you Aqualad," She said, still smiling.

"We're off duty, you can call me Kaldur'ahm." He told both her, and us. "Actually, my friends call me Kaldur."

"Wally." KF announces, smirking. "See? I already trust you with my secret I.D., unlike Mr. Dark Glasses over here." He features to Robin, who only glares.
"Batman's forbidden Boy Wonder over here from telling anyone his real name."

"As you guys already know, I'm Alya, Alya Vivani." I wave sarcastically, jumping onto the island, sitting on it. "See? I could be James Bond."

"Well, my name's no secret. It's M'gann M'orzz. But you can call me Megan, because it's an Earth name, and I'm on Earth now."She bounces off the floor, flying.

I saw Superboy lower his head out of the corner of my eye, clearly sad about not having a real name. I feel really bad, knowing what being like an outcast feels like.

Suddenly, Superboy shouts in anger. "Get out of my head!" He screams, in Megan's direction.

Megan knits her eyebrows in confusion. I felt a poke inside my head, like someone was trying to look through my thoughts. Then, I got an excruciating headache, and heard a voice, M'gann's, in my head. 'What's wrong? I don't understand. Everyone on Mars communicates telepathically.' I put my hands on my head, trying to get the pain out.