Chapter 17

(A/N: Okay I'm sorry that it's still not really that interesting. I'm trying my hardest. haha and I'm sorry about how awkward that last chapter was but I wanted it to be in the story... I have an idea as to where this story is going but I'm not done working out the details, so I'm sorry that it's going incredibly slow but I promise, I'm trying.)

My eyes slowly opened and I looked at the clock. It was 3:28. Great. I felt Jinxx's strong arms around me and smiled. Last night had been so amazing...

I lifted up the covers and Jinxx turned over, still fast asleep. I smiled again. I jumped out of bed and began to pull on some clothes and thought about last night...

I'm not the skinniest person; I have curves and some meat on my bones (I'm actually pretty pudgy, especially compared to most girls these days) and I used to be incredibly self-conscious, but last night, I hadn't even thought about it. After my nervousness had gone away, everything had been so perfect. I couldn't even remember what I was nervous about; my first time? My self-consciousness? My cluelessness? I wasn't sure, but it seemed silly now.

"Alaina," Jinxx said as he woke up and threw the covers off. "I'm..." he hesitated, and I thought he was going to say something similar to what I was feeling, but instead, when I looked at him, his eyes were sad and he blurted out "so sorry."

What?

I stood there, half-naked, staring at him like an idiot with a dumbfounded expression on my face. "Why?" I finally asked.

He looked confused. "We shouldn't have... done that," he said. I shook my head to clear it.

"Why not?" I said as I pulled on my shirt.

"We've only been together three months, and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that, I just got... carried away. I didn't mean to make you do anything you didn't want to do yet, and I'm sorry," he said quickly, all of the words rushing together.

My eyebrows knit together in confusion. "Who said I didn't want to do that? In case you don't remember, I'm the one who made the first move," I said as I winked at him.

He sighed with relief. "Okay, I was just scared that you just felt like you had to because of me.."

"Nope, not at all. Now, can you be happy? Because I'm incredibly happy, "I said with a huge smile.

He laughed. "Of course, I'm always happy when I'm with you," he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me from behind. I blushed.

I turned around to face him. My eyes raked over his shirtless body. God, he was so perfect.

He lifted my face to his, and of course I blushed, because he had caught me staring at his perfect chest, and he kissed me softly and then stepped away to go put a shirt on.

"You don't have to put that on..." I mumbled. He just laughed but continued to get dressed.

I stepped out of my room, and Jinxx was about to walk out, too, when I heard Mikey yell "God Alaina, what were you doing last night? You woke me up like 7 times! I was going to check on you but it sounded like you were--" and as soon as he said that, he looked behind me, at what I expected to be Jinxx exiting my room, and Mikey's eyes bulged and then he fell to the ground and curled up in a ball and laughed and laughed and laughed.

My face was extremely red and my mouth was hanging open. If I wasn't so embarrassed, I would've been laughing my ass off, too, but all I could do was stare at a shaking-from-laughter Mikey with my mouth hanging wide open.

I had totally forgotten that Mikey's room was right across the hall from mine. Thank God that Alex's room and Trevor's room were in a different hallway.