• Chapter Eleven •

"Anna, call me back when you get the chance. We need to talk about the camp. Bye."

~ • ~ • ~

"Hey, have you been kidnapped by aliens or something? I'm kidding. But seriously, we need to make plans. Talk to you later!"

~ • ~ • ~

"Did I do something wrong? Why aren't you answering? Anna please talk to me. If it's something I did, I'm sorry, although I can't imagine what it might be. Please call me back. Bye."

~ • ~ • ~

"I guess you're not coming to camp with me?"

~ • ~ • ~

Anna sighed, setting down her phone. She hadn't been deliberately ignoring Henry, but all her plans had slipped her mind with everything that had been going on.

She quickly dialled Henry's number, hoping and praying he would pick up.

He didn't.

Anna sighed once again and put her phone in her pocket.

"He's probably mad at me", she said to herself as she grabbed her keys and wallet. But she couldn't dwell on it now.

She had a plan to put in action.

As she drove to the flower shop a good friend of her mother's owned, the song A Thousand Years by Christina Perri came on the radio. Anna smiled. This was truly the song that described her feelings for Faith. Waiting for years, too scared to say anything.

But now, she was ready.

Anna began to sing the lyrics of the song by heart, her beautiful voice echoing the singer on the radio.

"I have died every day waiting for you.
Darling don't be afraid.
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more."

The song ended as Anna parked her car in front of the flower shop. Almost skipping into the store, Anna was smiling like a child on Christmas Day.

"My, someone is in a good mood."

The owner of the flower shop, a very flamboyant man by the name of Ben, stepped out from behind the counter. "Bonjour, Anna. Would you like some of mes fleurs or did you just come pour visité?"

Anna laughed and hugged Ben. "Your french is getting better. Oui, je suis ici pour acheter des fleurs, mais je voulais parler aussi."

Ben smiled and shook his head. "I have no idea what you just said, but I heard flowers in there somewhere", he joked, his voice portraying a slight British accent.

"I said: yes, I am here to buy flowers, but I wanted to talk, too."

"Ah. Makes sense."

They walked down an aisle filled with bouquets of all sorts of flowers, fresh and blooming better than ever.

"So, what has you so happy on this lovely day?" Ben asked Anna as she bent down to smell a bouquet of roses.