• Chapter Twelve•

"Mom, what's up with you? You're acting strange."

Anna was driving her car, her mother in the passengers seat. Skyla was smiling like a child, gazing out the window. She gazed at Anna, still smiling.

"Oh, nothing... I just want to spend some quality time with my daughter. That's all."

Skyla looked out the window and hummer along to the song on the radio, Fallen Angel by Poison.

Skyla had rode to the hospital in a taxi so that they could just take Anna's car to go for lunch. Anna was confused why they were so suddenly going out, because Skyla wasn't one to go out very often.

They pulled into the parking lot at Boston Pizza, a popular family restaurant in Saskatoon. Once inside and sitting comfortably at a booth, Skyla set down her menu and looked Anna in the eye.

"Tell me everything."

"...Mom what are you talking about."

"You know what I'm taking about!" Skyla exclaimed excitedly. "You and Faith! How did it go?"

Anna rolled her eyes. "Did Ben blab to you?"

"Well of course; how could he not? We were talking after you left, and he gave you the flowers free because we had a plan. It was called Operation Anna-needs-to-get-a-girlfriend." Skyla smirked.

Raising her arm to her heart, Anna acted offended. "Well, now, no need to get personal."

They laughed, then the waiter came to ask what they wanted for drinks.

The mother and daughter duo had a lovely time together, and when it was time to go, they were both stuffed with food and moving slightly sluggishly.

On the drive back, Anna turned up the music loud so that her and her mother could sing for everyone to hear. Considering they both had loud singing voices and a convertible roof, people hearing then wouldn't be a problem.

Jamming out to Rockabye by Clean Bandit, Anne-Marie and Sean Paul, the two had fun all the way home.

"We should do this more often, Mom", Anna said as she pulled her car into the driveway.

"Yes, it was fun hanging out with your old mother here, wasn't it?" Skyla joked, giving Anna's arm a soft shove.

Anna shoved her back lightly, and the two ran laughing into their house, being greeted by a very energetic duo, Loki and Missy. The dog and cat ran around excitedly as the two females entered the house. Anna fell onto the couch and was immediately covered in puppy kisses by Loki, while Missy followed Skyla into the kitchen, where she was putting leftovers from lunch into the fridge.

Things were good around the De Vianno household.

For now, at least.

~ • ~ • ~

Meanwhile, a very upset boy was driving into Saskatoon; country blues music blaring and a nervous expression on his face. He had Anna's address from previous times he had visited, however he still didn't really know his way around Saskatoon.

Henry followed the GPS on his phone, telling him where to go. Finally, after twenty more minutes, he turned onto a street and pulled up outside an average sized house, painted white with a nice flowerbed in the front.

Shutting off his car, Henry walked up the driveway and, taking a deep breath, knocked on the front door.

After a few seconds, Skyla opened the door.

"Henry?" Skyla looked at him curiously. "Hello. What are you doing here if I may ask?"

"I came to see Anna", Henry fidgeted with the edge of his red flannel sweater.