Chapter •| Four

"Boy" i mumbled super quietly.

"Huh?" He asked, turning his head towards me , obviously not hearing.

"Boy" I said again but louder.

"Me too" he mutters.

There's an awkward silence shared between us.

"Cool"I say breaking the silence.

Another silence.

It's killing me.

I have no Idea what he's doing right now. He could be on his phone, he could be staring at me. I just don't know. I can't see a thing with this on.

I feel him get up and start looking again. A little after, his phone starts to ring.

- unknowns p.o.v -

I pick up the call seeing the caller ID as brennen.

"Where the hell are you! You're supposed to have the money by now!" He screams at me right  when I put the phone to my ear.

"God, b" I say, not wanting to say his full name infront of a hostage.

"I'm trying. Goodness sakes! I'll try to have the son help me as well"I say, the same tone. "That's it, Colby! I'm coming over there" he says and hangs up.

I curse to myself knowing brennen is going to want to kill the hostage and leave.

I grip my hair tightly making myself wince. It's getting to the point where I think to myself, "if I punch myself in the face and it Hurts, am I weak or am I strong?" And I don't really know what to tell myself anymore.

I scoff to myself. Why do I care if he kills Sam or not? It's not like we are friends.

I start mumbling random things to myself.

"Going crazy over there, bud?" I hear the blonde boy say as he stares at the ceiling boredly.

"It's sir to you" i snap, correcting his error.

- sams p.o.v -

"Sorry, daddy"I say jokingly and scoff. Who does he think he is?

I notice I can see slightly through the blindfold..but only shadows and silhouettes.  I look over at the dude and see he had stiffen up. I can't see his facial features, but I can tell he's flustered.

I smirk. "Like that, didn't you?" I tease and laugh at myself.

- unknowns p.o.v -

I had a weird feeling in my stomach when he had called me d- you know what.

I blushed and crossed my legs.

I didn't notice that did something to me til now.

"N-nO" I awkwardly deny, and sit down on the couch again. "Shut up before I make you" I try insulting.

"How?" He asked, looking over to me.

I groan. "Nevermind. One of my friend's are coming over to help me, and maybe finish the job, if you know what I mean" I threaten him, referring to him killing the blonde boy.

"Finish the job?" He asked, suddenly nervous.

"Yeah, like killing you, you know?" I say creepily casual, and turn my attention to the tv.

Sam stiffens beside me. "Don't kill me" he whispered. I look at him. "Oh really, when literally a few hours ago you told me to pull the trigger?" I say, scoffing.

He stays quiet.

"That's what I thought" I say snarkily and continue watching whatever is on tv.

"I'm only 17" he points out.

"So?" I ask. "I'm only 2 years older" i say, changing the channel.

"A year and a half" he corrects.

"Sorry, princess" I say rolling my eyes and scoffing.

He furrows his eyebrows and pouts.

I continue to watch tv.

- 10 minutes later-

I hear a knock on the door, making Sam jump.

I laugh and stand up, opening the door to see brennen, of course.

"Where's the rat?" He asked, referring to Sam.

I point at the couch where he is sat, looking terrified since he couldn't see what's going on.

Suddenly guilt is felt in my stomach as he began to cry.

"Oh Shut up will you? All I need to know is where your dad keeps the safe" brennen says harsh, making me feel more guilty.

Sam pulls his knees to his chest and cries more.

"I-i don't know, I promise" he chokes back tears and burries his head In his knees.

"Look at me" brennen said harsh again, making Sam look up. Sam is about to say something sassy when brennen pulls out his gun. "Don't think about it" he points the gun to sams chest.

Sam can obviously kind of see the gun through the scarf/blindfold.

"Hey, maybe we can find the safe and just leave him"I say, trying to convince brennen not to kill the precious boy.

Brennen stands up from kneeling and meets face level with me.

"How! You've been here for almost two days, and you can't find it! There's no point but to kill him" He said, pointing at Sam with the gun.

Sam cries more, and I feel even more bad.

"Look, dude. He hasn't even graduated high school. Don't kill him. Let's just find the money, and go" I say, more stern.

"No col-" he begins to say, but I quickly cover his mouth.

"We cant say our names in front of him!" I whisper yell.

Brennen moves my hand from his mouth.

"-COLE OR SHOULD I SAY, COLBY" brennen says louder, obviously Sam hears.

I cuss loudly. "Now he's gonna snitch when we let him go!" I yell, pointing at the frightened Sam.

"OOO!" He says like a preppy girl sarcastically. "Might as well show him our faces too, huh?"He says reaching for the blindfold on sams face.

"DON'T BRENNEN" I Yell, slapping his hand, but he didn't move it.

- sams p.o.v -

The two intruders argue back and forth before I see a hand coming near my blindfold and I close my eyes quickly afraid I'll get killed if I see them.

I shake in fear and cover my face with a pillow.

"LOOK AT US SAM" the new intruder says, and I shake my head and hold the pillow tighter, a panic attack about to happen.

'Brennen' or the new intruder, takes the pillow away from my face and I cover my face with my hands instead.