Chapter 16: Unfamiliar

Shawn Mendes

After the phone call, I had quickly finished my packing for a few days. As I was leaving my room, I messaged Andrew about what is going on and hopped into a cab that was ready to take me to the airport. I realized he would be sleeping and I would be disrupting him from his sleep. I felt guilty for leaving on a short notice. He understood why I was leaving New York when I had mentioned Claire. As long as I was back within the next six days to record, there wasn't much to worry about.

~Four hours later~

I went through my contacts, looking for Hayes. I wasn't exactly sure who to call. Between Hayes, Nash, and Cameron, Hayes was probably awake. Once I've found his name on my screen I pushed on the call icon waiting for him to answer. After a few rings, he finally answered.

"The Shawn Mendes is calling me?!" Hayes answered in his girly voice. I chuckled trying to keep it under control so everyone wouldn't be looking at me at the airport.

"Hey, Has. Er.... Um... is Claire asleep?"

"Yes, I checked on her about twenty minutes ago. Did you want to talk to her?"

"Well uhh, I'm kinda at the airport coming to your house right now." I heard him spit. I assumed it was his drink. The way he reacted made it seem there was something wrong.

"Wait, what?"

"Is there something I should know?" I heard him sigh.

"Claire kinda had a really bad day yesterday." Really? kinda?

"I know, Hayes. That is why I'm here."

"You knew?" He asked confused.

"Claire called me this morning."

"Ohh... So do you like need someone to pick you up?"

"Y-yeah. Sorry, I should have messaged you earlier."

"It's fine. I'm going to tell my mom. Should be there within maybe an hour." Then, he hung up.

Claire Johnson

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up. The sun was already up. I looked at the alarm clock to see that it was already eleven thirty. Shawn said he should be landing sometime around 10:25. The house was surprisingly quiet.

I slowly get out of bed and started walking into the hallway. Nothing. I closed the door. I walked down the stairs to see Skylynn watching a Barbie movie and playing with her ponies. As I came into her view, she stood up and ran to me.

"Claire!" She yelled cheerfully as I squat down, giving her a hug. I picked her up and smiled at her.

"Hi, Sky! How are you today?"

"I'm great! My mommy and brothers went somewhere."

"How about Cameron?"

"Cammy went, too!" I felt a little nervous that they kinda left like that without telling me by text or note. Maybe they went to get Shawn?

"Who is here to watch you then?"

"Will!" My heart started to escalate. I wasn't sure who that was. I didn't meet this Will yesterday. She squiggled out of my arms and ran out of the living room. I followed and found her in the kitchen. There was a guy standing there that looked maybe 19. I slowly walked in shy. I wasn't sure who he was, but he was pretty cute. "Will, meet Claire!" Skylynn screamed cheerfully. He looked down and turned towards me with a warming smile. It seemed like he was making pancakes during lunch.

"Hi, I'm Will," he said shaking my hand, "I'm Sky, Nash, and Hayes' older brother."

"Nice to meet you," I spoke shyly. He chuckled.

"It's okay, Nash told me everything that has happened. How are you holdin' up?" I'm not really sure if he talked about yesterday with him. I didn't want to get very emotional in front of Will when I've just met him.

"I'm progressing," I answered with a small smile. He nodded and took out some plates.

"Do you want some pancakes for lunch?" I laughed playfully.

"Sure." Will smiled and made a plate for the three of us. We ate while getting to know each other more.

----

The word "squiggled" is so funny. Anyways, maybe the weekends will be the times when I update. I'm not exactly sure yet 😁 -Sam