Promise

Mika POV

It was another normal day, hanging out with Izu-chan, Kacchan and his 3 other friends. We decided to be a little rebellious and headed towards the forest where two tall metal gates stood dominatingly with the signs 'NO TRESPASSING!' hanging on its metal bars.

What can I say...? The more they say to not to do it, the more I'll do it. This sign is basically challenging my instincts.

"M-Mika... Let's head back... There's a reason why people put a sign there in the first place." Izu-chan nervously tugged onto my sleeves.

"Ehhh... If that's what you want..." I mumbled with a disappointed tone. Although I really want to go, I should still listen to Izu-chan, he's always right...

"Come on Izuku! Don't be such a spoilsport! Look at Mika! She looks really eager!" Kacchan lightly pushed Izu-chan's shoulder, trying to convince the dark-haired boy to give his approval so that Mika would join in the fun.

"I mean... Ah, whatever! Besides, I'll protect Mika if there's any danger! I'm his hero after all!" Izu-chan gripped my hand with a determined look on his face. Kyaaa~ ♡(˃͈ દ ˂͈ ༶ ) I love my angel so much!

"You're my number one hero~" I hugged my beloved angel and lovingly rubbed my cheeks against his.

"Pssttt...! Kacchan, you're gonna lose at this rate..." One of his friends whispered out loud.

"...shut it...!" Kacchan angrily kicked his friends' shin, leading to the latter howling in pain while hopping around like a bunny.

"What?! It's obviously me that's gonna protect Mika!" Kacchan let out a 'hmph' while crossing his arms and turning his back on us like a haughty princess.

"Ehhh~ But I've always been the one protecting Mika." Izu-chan pouted childishly.

"Well I'm taking over that role from now on!" Kacchan growled.

"No waaaaayyyy!" Izu-chan shook his head with all his might.

"Izzzzuuukkuuuu! (╬ಠ益ಠ)" Kacchan gritted his teeth in anger.

"Guys stop it!" I gave a karate chop to the duo, of course I hit Kacchan waaay harder. I know, I'm biased.

"I'm flattered but stop fighting over me! I don't like that!" I tried to put on a stern expression but it just melts into rainbows and unicorns whenever Izu-chan stares at me with his big, innocent eyes. So cute...

"Haaaaah?! When was I fighting over someone like you?!" Kacchan diverted his attention to me. This tsundere/cheeky brat...눈_눈

"Umm I don't know... Maybe like 30 seconds ago?!" I retorted.

"I don't care for someone like you!" Kacchan's words triggered me so badly. Even though we've only met about 2 weeks ago, the influence he had on me was kinda big for some reason. Besides, HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ME?! TAKE THAT BACK NOW!

Although I could immediately detect the instant regret in his eyes, I'm gonna try ignoring him for a day or so. I'll wait till he gets off his high horse and takes the initiative to apologise to me. Muahaha! I'm so evil(☆∀☆)

With a mischevous plan in mind, I pretended to be extremely hurt by his words and hid behind Izu-chan.

"W-wai--" Before Kacchan could even finish his sentence, his friends all kicked him in the shin and ruthlessly stomped on his shoes.

"Smooth moves Kacchan! That's exactly how to get a girl." One of them mocked.

"What a gentleman!" Another added in.