Quirk

Mika POV

Pa pa pa. (A/N: ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ))

The crackling and sizzling sound resembling fireworks emitted from Kacchan's hands. Mini sparks of light flickered in between his fingers and gasps of shock and awe resounded within the small kindergarten room.

"Uwah!"

"Cool!"

"Awesome!"

"So lucky!" Izu-chan's eyes sparkled.

"Tsk!" I clicked ny tongue in jealousy.

"Wow! That's an amazing quirk!" One of the male teachers in the room praised Kacchan.

"It really is." Suki-sensei praised along with him.

"Oh, I see! I'm amazing! Kneel before me peasants!" Kacchan had an estatic expression on his face. This brat...!

"We kneel before the almighty Kacchan!" His friends shugged me and Izu-chan, making us kneel before him. And then knelt before him alongside us. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"HAHAHA! Even the great Mika can't stand my awesomeness!" Kacchan proudly sneered. Damn you...!

"Wait till Izu-chan and I get our quirk! We'll detroit smash your butt all the way up to space!" I stood up and pinched his cheeks.

"Owieee. Try me then." He made a goofy smirk with his pinched red cheeks.

"I'LL TRY YO-- ugh..." Suddenly, a wave of dizziness overcame me. My knees gave out, making me slump onto the ground. Eh...? I have been feeling really hungry these days... But I just ate 2 hours ago! Even though it was just a sandwich and a glass of milk, this could get me through the entire lesson. Why am I still hungry?!

"Woah! You okay Mika?" Kacchan squatted down and felt my forehead.

"Mika!" Izu-chan worriedly squeezed my hand and looked at me with upturned eyes. Kyaaa >~< He's so cute!

"Im fin..." Before I could even finish my sentence, everything suddenly went black.

"...ka...Mika...Mika!" The once murky voice grew clearer and clearer... Who is calling out my name...?

My eyelids flickered delicately open as I desperately tried to adjust my eyes to the light. Where am I?

"Mika! You're awake?" I could hear Mom's worried voice.

"Uwahhh... Mika, don't die!" Izu-chan was violently sobbing, his hands tightened their grip onto mine.

"M...om? Izu-chan?" I wheezed out, my throat was so dry that it was unable to produce any sound, making my voice sound like a mosquito.

"Just a little longer sweetie! Mom is driving us to the hospital!" Her voice was trembling.

"Izu-chan... My stomach... Hurts..." I could only express myself in broken sentences. Beads of sweat started to accumulate on my forehead despite the air-conditioned car, the growing pain in my stomach made my complexion ashen. I shifted my eyes to the car's front mirror and was met with a horrifying sight. My body had lost so much weight that I was almost skin and bones, my sunken cheeks and ashen cheeks made me look like I was on the verge of death. What happened when I blacked out?!

"We're here! Quickly Izuku! Unbuckle his seatbelt!" Izu-chan wiped away his tears and followed Mom's instructions.
Mom then carried me out of the car and I blacked out once again.

"Give... h..m... An IV drip!" A stern voice resounded in my eardrums, giving me a small headache.

When I reopened my eyes once again, I was met with a white ceiling, the scent of disinfectant wafted in the air and the faint cries of a child could be heard beside me.