2

We are transported to the restricted train station on the north end of 7. Just as soon as the Peacekeepers were shoving us out of the carriage, we were being shoved into a large train.

Jacob and I were the first in the huge compartment and we were in awe.

The walls were lined with silver, crystal ornaments decorated the room and sweets and desserts of all sorts were set neatly in a buffet. Jacob was agape in amazement. I don't think either of us had ever seen this much food on the table before.

"It's a little small, but it'll do." Flara clicks into the room then turns to Jacob and I.

"Well you two are a little rough around the edges," she warily inspects us, "but that's nothing your stylists can't fix. I can't wait for you to meet them. And your mentor Joanna-"

"No one calls me that." On cue Joanna Mason, a previous Victor of the Hunger Games saunters in.

She's fairly short, but stands tall and confidently.

I know Joanna was around my age when she won the games, she's probably in her 20's or so by now. She looks too matured and tired for her age, a common after affect of the games.

"It's Jo. Just Jo." She quirks an eyebrow, smiling and shakes my hand. Her head turns to Jacob and she puts a hand on her hip, tilting her head.

"Are you ready to die?" She asks a wide-eyed Jacob.

"No?"

"Good."

Joanna turns on her heal and begins to walk out of the room. Jacob looks at me confused, but I shrug and follow her out of the room.

A few doors down the hallway, we enter a small meeting room. The walls were decorated with spears, axes, knives, swords, and just about every other weapon you can imagine.

Joanna turns to face us, taking a seat at the table.

"Have either of you ever touched a weapon before?"

"Yes."

"No." Jacob and I say, turning to eachother with eyebrows raised.

"Well, once you enter that arena you'll end up needing a weapon you're comfortable using. I want you to find that weapon right now."

I find myself immediately walking over to the wall filled with knives. My eyes scan the wall, there are daggers and knives of all different types and sizes. I choose a medium-sized switch blade that looked like Ferne's from home.

I look over to Jacob, he stands by the pair of axes with Joanna. Joanna had used an ax in the games. Jacob chooses the largest one. It's no surprise that he would choose an ax, his family is of high status back at the logging industry in 7, he must use one everyday.

The tributes from 7 might actually pose as a threat this year.

× × × × ×

For hours Joanna has been talking strategies with Jacob and I. Don't get me wrong it's been useful, but I just want to sleep.

Once all the chattering at the dinner table has mostly died down, I let out a loud yawn and stretch my arms.

"I'm going to bed, night guys."

I say tiredly. Jacob stands as well and nods,

"Me too."

"Yes you princesses go get some beauty rest, tomorrow you make your first impression on the Capital." Smirks Jo.

× × × × ×

I leave the meeting room and Jacob follows. I head down the hall with all the girls' rooms, Jacob follows me.