4

Finally, after the parade and hours of small talk with random capital people in an attempt to gain sponsors, Flara and a drunken Jo led me and Jacob up to the 7th floor suite.
Practically stumbling through the door of the suite, I kick off my heels as soon as I'm inside, I massage my red and sore feet. Flara gives me a disapproving look, shaking her head.

"At least your face is pretty enough people weren't paying any attention to how you walk in those shoes darling." Flara tisks, I'm almost too exhausted to fire back so I settle on a scowl. I decide to announce I'm going to bed, giving a fake yawn and stretch for affect and taking over the first bedroom I can find.

I peel off my clothes letting them fall to the floor in a trail into the bathroom. I turn one of the knobs on the shower wall and it steams up the large glass stall immediately.
I've never bathed in hot water before, let alone a shower.
I step into the stall and the hot water hits my back immediately. I let the water burn my skin, removing layers upon layers of lotions and strong perfumes the stylists had applied. Not bothering with all the intricate knobs and buttons panelled on the wall, I reach for a simple bar of soap to clean myself. It smells of lavander. It smells like June.
I run the soap along my body as I feel hot tears begin to build up in my eyes. Oh, Junie. Oh, Copper. They're probably more scared of me entering that arena than I am.
I try to finish up in the shower as quick as I can, it's probably best if I try not think about home for now.

I pull some clothes from the closest grabbing the coziest looking I can find. And wow, even the underwear here is more impressive than 7's.
I throw on a pair of cozy grey pants and a beige sweater made of a soft wool. I leave my feet bare and hop up onto the huge bed letting them sway back and forth above the floor. Then I fall back onto my bed, letting my head crash into the pillows. I lay still.

I try not to, but my mind drifts back to 7, I shut my eyes.

I see June's eyes red with tears, Copper holding her on his hip, they're both screaming my name.
(Y/N), come here! Come back to us Tyne!
My legs won't move, I can't move I can't get to them. The more I struggle the further they drift away from me. I'm screaming and writhing but by now they're gone. My eyes open, it was a dream. I sigh, wishing that's all it was. I need to clear my head, before a panic attack starts.

I creep out of my room careful not to make any noise. Sneaking around is one thing I'm good at. I enter the lobby with no trouble and head for the elevator.
Now what button to press? All of them show the district numbers except one. It displays a photo of some kind of plant icon on it, this looks promising. Pressing the button, the elevator whirrs upwards and stops on the top floor.

The doors open and I find myself in a beautiful garden, only it's on the roof.
I'm drawn to the beautiful white rose bushes, admiring their soft pettles and tracing them with my fingers. I lean in to smell one, but I can here the elevator moving again. Someone's coming.
Quickly, I scan the area for a place to hide, all the bushes are too thin and the benches too short. Then my eyes land on a tall oak tree. Odd that they have one on the roof. I ignore my thoughts and scurry up the tree, trying to hide myself in the branches as best I can.
The elevator dings. I can hear female and male laughter erupt from the doors, but I'm unable to see who it is from this angle.

"You're sure we're allowed to be up here, Glimmer?" The gruff male voice sounds hesitant.
"Oh, quit being a baby" The voice of who must be Glimmer says playfully.

I can here their footsteps passing my tree. I see them leaning over the rail of the roof, overlooking the city.
It's the boy from one I bumped into before, he's with Glimmer a strong looking girl, with pretty blonde hair. She must be a career as well.

"I thought you were big bad Cato..." she smirks, her eyes narrow as she leans closer to him.

I can't help but laugh, a small snort-ish sound escaping my mouth. Both of their heads instinctly whip back to search for where the noise came from. I slap my hand over my mouth and still my body. Glimmer gives up looking and turns back to the city. But Cato's eyes land on me. My heart drops; what now? I know he sees me but he shows no reaction, only locking eyes with me for a moment then turning back to Glimmer. She sighs tilting her head,

"Maybe we should just go back to my room. It's more private there..." She begins again. I let my hand fall over my mouth to quiet my laughter this time, but Cato ignores her, she looks upset now and tugs on his sleeve until he looks down at her.
"Not tonight Glimmer... I'll see you tomorrow in training, yeah?"

She doesn't respond, she only huffs irritated, making her way to the elevator. Once the ding of the doors closing is heard, Cato throws his head back sighing. He stares up at the starry sky and I can't help but admire his features. He has a strong jaw, and defined features, the structure of his face is beautiful as is his body. But I quickly push my thoughts away and take this as my chance to leave, creeping back down the tree. I'm just over 3 feet from the ground when I hear Cato's voice again, his tone is calm, but I can hear his words seeth through his teeth.

"Not so fast Seven."