Chapter 12 - Moral Dilemma

Gomez stood outside the garage, looking down at his phone while a cigarette hung between his lips. A police siren went off just once, causing Gomez to look up, sliding his phone back into his pocket. Sheriff Bennett gave a light wave to the biker who waved back, turning to look at the wide open garage. He flicked his cigarette onto the ground, stepping on it to put it out.

"Great, dealing with pigs bright and early. Just how I like my day to start." Gomez muttered to himself, stepping into the garage. He heard a loud crashing noise coming from inside the reception area and walked over to it. James was lying on the floor, smiling with the chair fallen over on it's side. Sitting on the desk was another small baggie filled with the white powder.

"How the hell did you get this?!" Gomez questioned, looking back to see Sheriff Bennett approaching the garage. Gomez grabbed the baggie, stuffing it into his pocket and wiping any excess powder off of the desk. James remained on the ground, mumbling incoherent words to himself.

"Everything alright in here?" Sheriff Bennett asked, stepping into the garage. Gomez closed the door to the reception area behind him, nodding his head. "I heard a crash."

"Something slipped. I grabbed it though. Thanks Sheriff." Gomez said, picking up a wrench as he slowly got down onto the ground. Sheriff Bennett nodded his head, looking towards the office and then backing out of the garage. Gomez remained seated on the floor, watching as the Sheriff made his way to the clubhouse.

"Where's my coke?!" James shouted out, now standing in the reception area. Sheriff Bennett's head turned, hearing the yell but not making out what was said. Nonchalantly Gomez stood back up, going to the reception area again.

"Shut up." Gomez said, pointing the wrench at James.

"You took it didn't you!" he shouted at the biker. "That's the second one I've had to buy in a day cause you people keep taking them away!"

"Second one... look there's a reason we take them you idiot. You're on our property, and if you get caught with it we get in trouble." Gomez said.

"Screw you." James said, picking up the chair.

"You are so lucky Brycen said I can't kick your coked out ass." Gomez threatened, shaking his head as he left the reception area again and saw that the Sheriff was gone. He ran a hand over his face, looking back at James who was now face down on the desk. "Qué idiota."

* * *

Sheriff Bennett opened the clubhouse doors, walking in and seeing the bullet holes that were present in the wall. He walked up to it, putting his hand on the wall and running it over the ruined areas. The sliding doors opened and Damon walked out, his face serious as he laid his eyes on the Sheriff.

"Oh, Sheriff. Who can I thank for bringing you here?" Damon asked sarcastically.

"Giovanni Rossi. Or as you and your boys like to call him, Trigger." the Sheriff said, shoving the piece of paper into Damon's chest. Damon stared down the Sheriff, raising an eyebrow as he took hold of the paper.

"A warrant?" Damon questioned, reading aloud from the paper. "He assaulted a woman?" Damon put a hand over his mouth, squinting slightly as he read the report.

"Where is he Pearce?" Bennett asked the President, looking around the clubhouse. Damon shook his head, looking up at the Sheriff and handing him the paper.

"I have no idea Sheriff. I haven't seen him since yesterday. And just to be clear I had no idea this happened. He told none of us about it. I'll make sure he's dealt with appropriately." Damon said, putting a hand on Bennett's shoulder.