Chapter 4: You Ready

Chapter 4:

Bala

“The metal piece entered here and exited out here nearly severing the umbilical cord for baby number 2, which gives the child all the nutrients that helps the child survive-” The doctor said pointing on my body to the indicated places.

“-Thus causing your body to go into shock, leaving us with the only option to do an emergency c-section.”  That explains the absence of thing 1 and 2. I thought looking down at my flat stomach.

I just stared at the doctor, wondering if what he was telling me was true. It couldn’t be… they were just fine earlier. I stared at him as he sat down in the chair, continued to explain.

“We were able to remove the metal and successfully birth baby. Unfortunately we are very sorry to tell you but, due to the severe damage of the umbilical cord baby number 2’s birthing was complicated and she’ll have to stay longer.”

I let out a huge breath of relief. My babies are okay. “They-“the doctor was cut off with a swift knock to the door. “Come in.” the doctor said o whoever was on the other side of the door.

“Dr. Reynolds, Ms. Castillino has some visitors. Is it okay for them to come up?” the nurse said. Dr. Reynolds turned to me as if asking if it was okay for them to come up so I replied with a quick yes. “Okay they’ll be up soon.”

I thanked the nurse and turned towards my doctor, “So when can I see them?”

Arrow

“Please follow me.” The nurse said to us.

I followed the nurse along with Vincent and Karen up to Bala’s room after being informed on my bae’s condition. I must admit the nurse had me scared when she told me about the emergency C-section they had to perform and how our mini me’s had to stay in the hospital for an additional week or two.

The nurse showed us to her room then walked down the hallway most likely to another patient. I knocked on the door then walked in, Vincent and Karen following. I saw Bala ask the nurse, “When can I see them?”

When they heard us walk in the doctor paused in what he was about to say to greet us. “So I presume that Nurse Patty has informed you about Miss Bala’s condition?”

“Yea.” I said sitting down on the bed next to my queen Bee, looking over to see if she was okay. She had a few bruises but overall she looked fine.

The doctor wrote something down on a nearby lip board then said, “So did she tell you about baby 1 and 2’s condition?”

“No.” Vincent said, finally speaking up.

“Okay so, Baby 1’s birthing was fine but baby 2 had many complications, mainly due to the near severing or the umbilical cord. Both babies will have to stay here for at least 3 weeks due to the premature birthing; however baby 2 will have to stay for 2 weeks instead of just 1.” The doctor said looking at the clip board speaking loud enough for all of us to hear but mainly talking to Vincent and Karen.

I turned to Bala who was mugging me and hugged her while saying, “You had me worried.”

Bala

I just stared at this nigga then I said, “I’m fine.”

I felt something wet and warm fall on my shoulder.  I felt the mug on my face slip a little. This nigga was really worried, like he was generally scared that I wasn’t going to be okay. I hugged him back whispering, “It’s okay, I’m okay, and thing 1 and 2 are okay.”

He pulled back lightly then kissed me on the lips saying, “Bee I didn’t mean to forget about the appointment-“

When he uttered those words my mug came back full force and he continued saying, “And I’m really fucking sorry for forgetting, but I wouldn’t know what the fuck to do if something bad was to happen to you or my seeds.” The anger faded away with every word, “Bae, y’all are my life lines.”

I felt a smile form on my face at his words then I said, “We better be.”

He smirked then shook his head at me saying, “Look at ya’, in the hospital and still got an attitude.”

“Fuck you.” I said mugging him.

“That’s what got us here now.” He said back, his smirk growing even bigger. I playfully punched his arm, and he just laughed at me dodging my swings.

“You ain’t shit.”

“Mhm you say that now-“

 I cut him off real fast. “So um doc, when can I see my babies?”

He looked at his clip board then said, “You can see them now.” He turned and left out the door to go get someone to move me to go see my babies.

I turned to my dad and Karen with a smile then said, “So are you ready to meet your grandchildren?”