Chapter 26- Intruder

Keep your head, heels, and Standards High!-MM

Mila-

Its been over a day and Maximus hasn't returned. I couldn't help but let worry creep in me. I could feel Lynn pacing around my head just stressed, but wouldn't say a word.
Till finally i cant take it anymore. I jump up off of the bed and ready myself to go find my mate. I shower and get dressed in a cute but simple green body con dress And some flats while letting my hair roam freely.
I make my way down the staircase and start to follow his minty intoxicating scent. After walking down a few halls i finally find what i presume is his office. I knock once and without a second to lose i see him opening the door.
"Mila" he whispers. While placing his head in the crook of my neck and inhaling my scent.
"Maximus, whats going on? Where have you been?"
He brings me in his office and places me on his laps as he takes a seat at his desk.
"Im sorry love, I've been dealing with some intruders from another pack coming into our territory." he says while his face is still placed on my neck.
I nod, understanding his reasons. "Im sorry Maximus, is there anything i can do to help?" He shifts me on his lap so in facing him.
"Just being here is enough."
I smile and place both of my hands on his face, while placing a soft kiss on his lips.
"I would like to do something today, instead of just staying locked away." I state. He looks at me curiously. "Anything you want love" i nod in response. "Ill go around and see what i can do." He gives me a warm smile.
I leave the room after giving him a soft kiss and make my way to the kitchen. I see kids gathered around the living room and some sitting on the bar stools in the kitchen chatting and playing games. I decide today will be a great day to cook a big breakfast. Plenty of mouths to feed. I smile thinking to myself, bringing back the memories i shared with kyles pack.
I start by bringing out all my ingredients, pancake mix, eggs, oil, butter, bacon, biscuits, sausage, and lastly some fruit to top it off.
As im cooking breakfast i notice the pups come around up to me and ask "luna will you be cooking us breakfast today?" I give them a warm smile and respond.
"My name is Mila and yes little one, today i will be cooking you a big breakfast." They giggle and run away yelling "thank you!!"
As everything is getting close to being done i feel a pair of strong arms wrap around me. "Something smells delicious." He murmurs in my ear while placing kisses along my jawline.
"I would hope so. Ive been cooking for a while now." He smiles and responds. "I meant you. He spins me around and immediately invades my mouth, i kiss back with the same amount of need but i am soon pulled back into my task at hand when i hear someone clearing there throat, clearly to get our attention.
"Goddess Alpha, can you give our Luna some air?"     Questions Adrian playfully. I ignore The word "luna" it just doesn't feel right. Getting a growl out of Maximus. I smile and continue my cooking.
"What do you have for me Adrian?" Maximus recovers and responds clearly annoyed.
"Well not a make out session, thats for-sure!" Adrian responds sarcastically. I burst out a slight giggle. "I mean it Adrian, quit the shit." Maximus responds clearly tensing up.
"Sure thing Alpha,we were able to capture one intruder and have figured out there being sent from The Dark Dusk Pack." I froze as a million thoughts run through my head. I turn around so quickly i think i may have gotten whiplash by how quickly my head jolted towards Adrian. "What is it there in Search of?!" I respond. My voice sounding shaky and raspy.