Kai x Reader: HOTspots

Kai x Reader
Type: fluff
Words: 661
As always, if you all want a part 2 or a full story, comment and tell me and I'll make it happen.
A/N:
Hello, all!
Sorry for the delay in this chapter; my laptop broke and it's been an insane hassle to get a new one. And I have Uni work that has to be done online, so that was a whole big mess too. Fun times in the adult world, kidoes. ✌
I can post on my phone, but it formats really weirdly if I do.
If this were to happen in the future, just incase, would you all prefer me to just update with weird formatting or wait???

---

I hate college.
Too much work.
And my luck, I would have an English professor assign an essay in class that's due that night, Midnight. When my damn Wi-Fi is out.

And what does my idiot self do? Lie down to take a 'short nap' and wake up at 8 pm, because I stayed up until four on a day that I had an 8 am class.

Sleep schedule? Don't have one.
Haven't in years.
Uni fucks you up, man.
So, I wake up at 8 pm, of course. After the library is closed. So where am I gonna get Wi-Fi?

Dunno. Guess we'll find out.

--

"2 bars from... Sandy's Subs," I murmured as I walked around, trying to find a better signal. No luck.

I groaned, opening up the Wi-Fi option again. "Oh! 3 bars from...Too-Fly-For-A-Wi-Fi?" I chuckled at the name, shaking my head and cracking a smile. "Okay... Worth a shot." I murmured, standing with my laptop once more.

I walked around a bit, holding the laptop in various places. "1 bar... 2 bars... full!" I shouted excitedly.
"Okay... so at the top of the window? Yes, (y/n), that's totally doable. Submit it like this. Uh-huh." I murmured. Currently, I was standing on the arm of my couch, stretching my laptop up to the top of my window. A compromised position, if the floor so much as creeks.
"Ah! So it's from upstairs," I mused after a moment and hopped down, making my way out of my window and into the emergency stairwell outside. I walked up the creeping metal stairs and to the next apartment's stairwell, settling down against the wall and getting to work.

I worked on it for about an hour, mooching off of some random person's Wi-Fi, until the window opened abruptly.
"Hey, you gonna sit outside my apartment all night?" Someone mumbled, shoving against my back.
I yelped in surprise and turned my head, startled, until I smiled a bit and noticed who it was.
"Cole, you scared the shit outta me!" I yelped, turning to fully face him. Cole chuckled a bit, amused at my fright. "Well, you've been sitting out in the cold for at least an hour. Thought I'd invite you in."

Then, it clicked. I glanced at him, confused. "I honestly didn't know you lived here," I murmured, surprised. Cole grinned. "I don't! Come in!" He said brightly, tugging me through the window.
"Oh- okay," I mumbled slowly, feeling a bit confused as I tumbled in after him.

"Cole, what the heck, man?" Someone murmured, and I looked up, giving a sheepish wave.
"She's mooching off your Wi-Fi. It's cold outside, be a gentleman! Let her chill. I know her from class, she's cool," Cole said with a grin, tugging me up and then over to the couch.

I stayed even after my assignement was submitted, just hanging out with the two boys. We ended up watching a movie.
We got along really well, Kai warming up to Me pretty quickly even thought I was a tresspasser in his home. And after that night, I went back often.

---
Kai and I ended up growing... rather chummy.
Yah know...
We were chums.
Pals.

... We were dating.

I'm as surprised as you- hell, I'm still really not totally sure how it ended up happening, but here we were, cuddled up together on his couch; peaceful and happy with one another.
I had met his friends, which I already knew two of- Kai and Jay- and we all got along really well.

So I owe a thanks to professor shitface for assigning me that stupid essay when my Wi-Fi was down.
Wander if I woulda met Kai if he hadn't done that?
I doubt it.
So I have a crappy professor and expensive Wi-Fi to thank for Kai, I guess.

Fucking weird.