a blast to the past

2⃞ y⃞e⃞a⃞r⃞s⃞ a⃞g⃞o⃞

The noise of fellow teenagers talking and the smell of over-sprayed perfume in the hallway made me regret this transfer. Being a senior transfer was usually never good, I'd probably only make one friend this school year and it'd be my English teacher most-likely.

"Hey you new here?" I looked over to my right and saw a boy probably a freshman looking at me nervously.

"Yeah, why?" I questioned arching my eyebrow at him.

"You probably want to move out from the middle of the hallway. Kaylee is fixing to walk through and nobody ever stands in the middle while she's walking through." My eyes furrowed in confusion.

"Why does everyone move away?"

"She's like the most popular girl in school. She has the looks, the money, and she's an actor. Did I mention the looks?" I side-eyed him and nodded.

"Well I don't care about moving out the way for some random ass girl. It's a hallway and this is not some high-school movie." I retorted with a snort while walking away from the boy and to the other-end of the hallway looking for my first class.

I spotted the similar room number on my schedule to a classroom and walked in to be met with a half-full class of talking students. I hurriedly took a seat in the third row and waited for the bell to ring. When it did a short man with a receding hairline entered the room.

"Hello everyone take out the books from underneath your desk and let's get started-." He cut himself off as a girl with pigtails walked into the room. She was really pretty and I'm pretty sure my gay was showing.

"Kaylee you're late." The girl rolled her eyes a smacked her lips.

"Obviously Mr. O'Neal." I grimaced at the time of her voice she's probably the girl everyone avoids in the hallway.

"Would you like to tell the class why you were late?" He stated while crossing his arms over his chest.

She gave him a sarcastic smile and shrugged. "Why not? Well everyone as y'all know I have a boyfriend named Conner and I'm planning to have sex with him." She said out loud with no-shame while picking at her nails.

"That was too much information Ms. Bryant and you know it. Get out of my classroom now!" Mr. O'Neal exclaimed pointing to the door and I decided to open my mouth.

"Sir didn't you say for her to explain why she was late?" Everybody in classroom turned to look at me.

The man at the front of the classroom glared at me. "And who might you be?" I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"I'm Y/n new student just sharing my open opinion since it's my first amendment y'know freedom of speech and all. But you did tell her to share why she was late. Which she did. you never said anything about toning it down if it was too much. You simply told her to share." I stated while messing with a ring on my hand.

Nobody spoke so I looked up towards the front and saw Mr. O'Neal glaring at me while Kaylee stared at me with a smirk. "Go sit down Ms. Bryant."

She happily obliged and made her way towards her seat which was right behind me coincidently.

I felt something poke my shoulder so I turned my head to see what it was and saw Kaylee sticking me with a pencil. "Thank you." She whispered and I gave her a small smile.

"No problem." I whispered back and turned around back to the board.

———————————————————————————

It was almost graduation and I couldn't believe I was finally graduating. The school year flew with a breeze especially since I had a thing with Kaylee.

We had gotten romantically involved after a school pep-rally and just messed around for the entire year. Giving her all of me obviously made me catch feelings, and I hoped she had felt the same way.

Everyone was in their gowns and socializing my mind was only trying to find Kaylee. I had walked all around the auditorium until I came across Kaylee near the exit on her phone. I smiled to myself seeing her in the gown she was cute. I quietly made my way behind her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey." I whispered into her ear as she relaxed in my arms.

"Y/n let go... someone might see." I unwrapped my arms from around her and took a step back.

"You care if someone sees me hugging you?" I said in disbelief.

"They might think we're together." She stated quietly looking worried.

"Kaylee.... I like you it's obvious that we're a thing." She looked at me and froze I felt my heart pause at that look. It didn't look right.

"Y/n... we fool around we're not together." My heart dropped to my stomach.

"B-but you always stay after we do things, you're always touching me, you've introduced me as your girlfriend to your mom. Did none of that mean anything?" She shook her head.

"Y/n I'm comfortable with you, not into you." I shook my head as she looked away from me.

"If you don't like me, look me in the eyes and say it." She visibly gulped as I looked down on her, but made eye-contact.

"Y/n Y/ln, I don't like you. Not even a little bit." I slowly felt a tear go down my cheek and didn't know what to do I felt frozen in place.

Her hand gently came up to my cheek to wipe the tear away but I flinched and pulled away. "Don't."

I had rushed out of the auditorium and went home only to sulk for the rest of the summer over a girl who didn't care about me. She never even reached out after that so I deleted all my old social media and created new accounts.

Still nothing.

Maybe it'd stay that way.

-

A/n: shitty update but i love kaylee bryant