The Decimation

A villager came through the door beaten and hurt, Shifu rushed to the poor villager asking what happened. He told that Tai Lung laid waste to the valley cutting a swath of destruction in his fury. Mei Feng couldn't believe what she was hearing. She knew her brother was upset but she couldn't believe that he would do something so horrible to a place they both called home. The villager caught sight of her and screamed saying that the monster made it to the palace. She was incredibly hurt by this knowing fully well she would never harm an innocent person no matter what.

      Shifu calmed the poor villager as Oogway turned to her, giving her another apologetic look as he focused his attention back to the villager. She realized what Oogway meant earlier and knew that she had already taken her first step in this journey. As though right on cue the doors burst open to reveal her brother slowly walking towards Master Shifu and the villager. The villager got scared as Tai Lung grew closer, the villager ran to the next room of the palace. Mei Feng looked at her brother's eyes and instantly fell afraid there was a drastic change to her brother to the point where he was unrecognizable to her, the big brother she played and trained with since they were cubs growing up was gone, and was replaced with someone full of rage and dark intentions.

      Tai Lung's speed grew as he began to charge ready to take the dragon scroll, Shifu charged toward Tai Lung with a direct attack, but he hesitated unwilling to strike a lethal blow to her brother. But Tai Lung, still furious that Shifu had let Oogway's decision stand, he did not hesitate to knock Master Shifu aside. Horrified at this action Mei Feng rushed to her father's side to tend to whatever injury he suffered, knowing how strong her brother was Tai Lung probably shattered his hip. She picked Shifu up and held him in her arms carefully not to hurt him further. Tai Lung, not caring about what happened to Shifu leapt for the scroll, but was halted in midair by Oogway, who jabbed multiple pressure points in Tai Lung's chest, blocking his chi and knocking him out.

      Mei Feng rushed over to her twin brother's unconscious body she kneeled down next to him with Shifu still in her arms she gently patted his head as he used to do to her to help her sleep when she was younger. Shifu watched in horror as one of the twins he'd raised and trained fell before him. After taking care of Shifu's injuries Master Oogway did not want such devastation to happen again. Shifu bowed to Oogway's wishes and helped oversee the construction of the ominously impressive Chorh-Gom Prison, located in the frigid outskirts of Mongolia. Carved right out of the Mountain, the prison was made especially for Tai Lung filled with many walkways and traps, with only one way in and one way out of the entire prison.

      In the deepest part of the prison, Tai Lung was chained and fitted with a restraining tortoise shell, with various acupuncture needles in crucial places along her brother's back, making him almost fully immobile. During the construction and the setting of the traps she stayed with her brother and kept him company even though it broke her heart to see him in such a state, she talked to him and reminisced with him about the fun times of their childhood without mentioning Master Shifu to keep his inner rage at bay, knowing he couldn't talk back she hoped that by bringing up good memories his darkness and fury will disappear with time. She hoped the big brother she once knew would come back to her. When construction was completed she knew this would be the last time she'd get to see her brother for a long time. Before leaving him under the supervision of commander Vachir and the Anvil of Heaven Mei Feng, Master Oogway, Master Shifu went to go see Tai Lung.

      Once they got down to the deepest part of the prison where Tai Lung was held Mei Feng walked over to her brother and gave him a goodbye hug, as she did she couldn't help but cry as she tightened her grip around her brother not wanting to let go but knowing she had too. Master Oogway watched as the twins were being ripped apart by destiny, Master Shifu on the other was too heartbroken to watch. After a few moments passed Mei Feng let go of her big brother telling him how much she'll miss him and that she still loves and looks up to her big brother. She took out a small toy doll that looked like her and placed it beside him so he can always look at it. The doll was from when they were cubs, Mei Feng had one that looked like her brother while her brother had one that looked like her. The dolls kept the twins from being lonely when the other was away for an extended period of time. She told him "So you won't forget me and all the good times we had" and with that, she patted his head one last time, she got up and parted from Tai Lung with Master Shifu and Oogway, leaving him to serve out the rest of his days in the prison as punishment for his crimes against the citizens of the Valley of Peace.