Internal Corruption

Coming out of her meditation she took a deep breath before slowly breathing outstretching her arms over her head and stretching out her legs. Mei stood up as she watched the sunset smiling slightly 'I'm coming home' Mei felt a little excited seeing her little sister's excited face when she walked through the door, the thought alone made her chuckle. Just then a sharp pain coursed through her chest, she dropped to her knees clutching her chest to somehow ease the pain. She looked down at her chest unknowing to her that her eyes glowed a deep green color as she noticed green veins began to spread through her body, leaking green chi onto the ground. She stared horrified at what she saw; she growled as the pain grew worse as her vision started to blur. She could hear a voice whispering in her ear, she looked around but saw no one.

      Sweat began to pour from her face as she began to hyperventilate, nausea filled her stomach before she violently expelled more green chi from her body. Her body shook as she began to expel more until she no longer could, tears streamed down her face when she was finally able to stop. The green chi began to move away from her taking on its own solid form in front of her. Mei looked up to see her brother smirking down at her, she hung her head down her eyes wide in shock she clenched her jaw shaking her head "No...no no no stop it stop it" A chuckle was heard from the 'Thing' that stood before her that seemed to sound as if it was echoing through the forest that was very unsettling, he knelt down in front of her picking up her head by her chin to look at him "Good to see you again sister" Mei snatched her chin away from his paw "YOU are NOT my brother" he laughed loudly as it boomed through the forest scaring the birds in the trees "That hurts don't you know we are intertwined we are twins, after all, you're meant to follow the lead of your older brother it's in your instinct" Mei shook her head "No! I have my own life and my own choices to make" Tai Lung stood up looking down at her "Mei..." she stared at him surprised but tears soon stung her eyes, it had been ages since she's heard him call her name "You and I are all we have we must stick together they drove us apart with the promise of us becoming a warrior of legend" his eyes glowed a furious green as he snarled it somewhat scared Mei "Remember what they did to us. They made us train until our bones cracked until our skin bled! they denied us our DESTINY!" Mei stared at her brother for a moment before staring back at the ground. She remembered all the painful training sessions all at the promise of becoming someone great but in the end, it was all for nothing...and instead of gaining something great she lost someone she had the closest ties with. As she growled, her eyes began glowing greener; she held the sides of her head as if to keep her thoughts in place. Tai Lung smiled mischievously at her as he held out his paw to her "Come now sister we can make them pay together. They will fear us, they will acknowledge us as great warriors, we will become...The Dragon Warrior" Mei looked at his paw, voices started talking within her ears again urging her to agree, she slowly reached for his paw as Tai Lung's evil smile grew wider but before she took his paw the memory of Tigress flashed in her mind and she harshly slapped his paw away "NO!" she weakly stood up slowly as the pain in her chest ached more with every movement "I will not take your deal impostor" Tai Lung grew angry as a green aura surrounded his paw he clenches his fist, a sharp pain immediately hit her as she cried out in unimaginable pain "I...will not...be used as a pawn...so take your dirty deal...and BE GONE!!!" she gathered all the strength she could and charged at him punching this thing that dared to take the form of her brother shattering it. She panted as she fell to the ground, she took a deep breath in and breathed out but the pain lingered within her chest 'Stay calm...don't panic...the pain will pass...it always does...' She stayed completely still slowly inhaling and exhaling for what seemed like hours.

      The pain slowly began to fade as the green veins began to recede before completely disappearing, as did the glow from her eyes. She sighed in relief but was worried about what all that meant, she was worried she would not be able to make the right choice and fix another problem that only her grandfather would be able to help with.