Stay

"Uhm..." Jiang Cheng said, his face dark. "I've been meaning to ask this since this morning you arrived, but - " he said and looked at Lan Xichen. "Where's your sword?" he asked and looked at Liebing that's the only one dangling on Lan Xichen's waist.

Lan Xichen smiled. "I forgot." He answered.

Obviously. Jiang Cheng thought as dark lines covered his face.

Lan Xichen immediately explained. "I was uncomfortable these days because I'm thinking on how to apologize to Sect Leader Jiang - " He said.

You're blaming me now? Jiang Cheng thought, but didn't answer.

" - and so when Wangji told me he'd go here to fetch Young master Wei, I - " Lan Xichen said.

Jiang Cheng pressed his lips tight. "Fine." he said. "Stay here for the night." He told him and walked first.

Lan Xichen smiled. "Where do I stay?" he asked.

"You can sleep in Wei Wuxian's - " Jiang Cheng.

Lan Xichen cut him off. "Wangji will get mad at me." he told Jiang Cheng as he follows him.

Jiang Cheng stopped and turned to Lan Xichen, glaring. It's obvious what Lan Xichen's up to. Since Lan Xichen is a guest, he can't let him sleep in his disciple's room. He also can't sleep in Wei Wuxian's room since Lan Wangji would fry Jiang Cheng alive for making anyone touch Wei Wuxian's room.

This leaves one left.

He pressed his lips tight it thinned. "... fine." he said, gritting his teeth. "You can sleep in my room." he said and walked away, his face red.

Lan Xichen smiled and bowed. "Many thanks, Sect Leader Jiang." He answered and happily followed Jiang Cheng.

"You can take the bed. I'll just sleep on the floor." Jiang Cheng said as he lay down the futon on the floor.

"But - " Lan Xichen said.

"You're a guest." Jiang Cheng simply said and lie down the futon. "If you want to take a shower, the disciples already prepared the bath for you - " he added as he opened his book.

Lan Xichen stared at him for a long time, then nodded. Lan Xichen silently walked out of the room.

Jiang Cheng let out his breath the moment the door closed. "That damn Wei Wuxian." He muttered, frowning. "He and that Lan Wangji must've set this up. He must've told his lover about my problem." he muttered, pissed. "I can think of how to apologize in my own way..." he said, then sighed. He sat up. He has been feeling unsettled ever since he told Lan Xichen to sleep in his room.

His disciples must find this inappropriate, someone aside from his future wife would be sleeping in his room...

Dark lines covered Jiang Cheng's face. I've decided. He thought. Even if Lan Xichen would sleep in his room, at the very least Jiang Cheng shouldn't sleep in the same room with him.

He'll be sleeping in Jiang Fengmian's room, which had been vacated.

He walked towards the baths. The disciples are eating dinner right now, so no one would be here. And, even if the disciples would want to bath, but they wouldn't dare bath the same time with a guest since it's disrespectful. This is a teaching of Yu Ziyuan to the YunmengJiang Sect disciples.

He didn't hear a splash of water. He was about to knock when the door burst open. Jiang Cheng's hand in mid - air froze when he saw Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen's long, dark and silky hair is wet, still sticking on his smooth, soft and white skin. His undershirt that's slightly damp since he's from the bath looked like his second skin, making his skin underneath vividly visible.

"Sect Leader Jiang." Lan Xichen called.

Jiang Cheng felt his throat went dry and so he gulped. His eyes that's still stuck on Lan Xichen's slender neck moved away, looking at the dark training grounds not far away.

"Yes." Jiang Cheng said and cleared his throat when his voice went shaky. "I came here to tell you." He said.

"... you could've just waited for me in your room." Lan Xichen said.

Jiang Cheng's eyes went wide, then his face was covered in dark lines. He cleared his throat. "I can't." he just said. Lan Xichen stared at him. Jiang Cheng didn't look back. "You can have my room. I'll sleep in my father's room." he told him and walked away, not waiting for Lan Xichen to answer.

His heart beat so fast he thought he's gonna die. I wouldn't dare say that straight to his face. The two jades of Lan... their eyes are unnerving. Jiang Cheng thought, thinking of not Lan Wangji, but of Lan Xichen.

Those eyes that tells thousands but can never speak them... he thought as he remembered Lan Xichen's eyes when he spoke of Jin Guangyao.

For some reason... Jiang Cheng felt a part of his heart itchy.

Morning.

"Why haven't I thought of asking you why didn't you remind your brother to bring his sword?" Jiang Cheng asked as he watches Lan Wangji gave Lan Xichen his sword. "And you never even asked him where his sword is. Instead, you even let him ride on your sword." he added as Lan Xichen received his sword.

"Bichen can carry two people." Lan Wangji just said, no intention of answering Jiang Cheng's question, nor explaining to him.

Jiang Cheng pressed his lips tight, but didn't dare answer. Wei Wuxian just laughed.

Lan Wangji just nodded at Jiang Cheng, then pulled Wei Wuxian away after Wei Wuxian bid goodbye to Jiang Cheng, telling him he'll be staying at Gusu again - which is already a given.

Jiang Cheng turned to Lan Xichen who was unusually silent ever since this morning.

"What?" he asked when he saw Lan Xichen's deep in thoughts. "You're planning to stay here again?" he asked, then laughed at his own joke.

"Can I?" Lan Xichen asked.

Jiang Cheng's eyes went wide, then he laughed. "What? You left something agai - " he said, then paused when Lan Xichen's words sunk in his mind. "What?" he asked and looked at Lan Xichen whose face is serious, staring at him.

"I left something." Lan Xichen answered, staring at Jiang Cheng's surprised face. "My heart." He said. As if not enough, he added. "I like Sect Leader Jiang." He told him, his face serious.

A deafening silence fell.