CHAPTER ELEVEN

Omar farouq Ahmad Maiyaki is known with his gentle and humble self, he doesn't talk much. Though to outsiders, he might be considered as an introvert but to his family and friends, he's more of an extrovert. He believed that family is the biggest blessing one could ever have and so he does everything in his power to please them respectfully. As he would always say 'my family is my pride'. Also one thing he detested was being called with just Omar or just Farouq

Will it hurt to call someone with his complete name. He used to ask.

Alhaji Ahmad Ali Maiyaki and Hajiya Hafsah Muhammad Azare were blessed with six wonderful children. Muhibba is the first born, she's twenty five years old, she's kind, carefree and happily married with a kid. Omar Farouq is the second born, he's twenty two years old, he's reserved, kind and caring ,he doesn't like crowd and so some times his two friends call him antisocial. Zeenat is the third born, she's 19, She's fierce, stylish and reserved. Fadeela is the fourth born, jovial, care free and loves talking, she's 16 years old, she's more close to Muhibba because they have so much in common. Ibrahim Khalil Is the last but one among them, he's 12 years old, he's a cartoon freak, funny and inquisitive he is close to Zeenat. Then come Jannah the last born, she's  innocent and lovely and she's very close to Omar farouq.

*****

He absentmindedly stared through the door of the lecture theatre, it's been One and a half hours since the lecturer arrived at the class. But Omar farouq couldn't comprehend a single thing that was happening in the class. His mind was somewhere else far away from the class. 

After another minutes of staring, he felt a hard smack on his shoulder. He immediately turned to his left to question his friend whom he was quite sure was the one who smacked him.

"What was that for" he demanded but instead his friend ignored him and returned his looks to the lecturer.

"Hafiz" he said this time around in a warning tone.

"Hey you there wearing blue, stand up" the lecturer orders fixing his gaze on Omar farouq. He for a moment looked at his shirt before he sighed and slowly stood up.

"What is your name? " The lecturer asked

"Omar farouq Ahmad sir" he answered instantly.

"Omar farouq, why are you distracting my class?"

"I'm sorry" he apologized

"if you are not interested in the lecture you can gently walk out of the class and if you do that,  make sure you branch into a cafe and drop the course before I drop a CO on you". the lecturer spoke.

"I'm sorry sir" was only what Omar farouq could utter

"You better be" the lecturer said sternly and then turn to the class, Omar farouq made an attempt to seat back but what came out next from the lecturer's mouth stopped him on his track

"I know his type, they're the type that wrote their Waec at the miracle centres and then come to the universities acting dumbly. They don't know anything and when they fail the course they will start blaming the lecturer " he stood up right away

"I beg your pardon sir, just because I talked in your class doesn't mean I'm dumb" he uttered looking right into the lecturer's eyes, his friend Hafiz who was sitting next to him kept dragging his shirt in an attempt to silent him and make him sit. But all his attempt was in vain as the next statement Omar farouq made shocked him to core.

"And I promise you that I will surely pass this course and that too with an excellent performance, that is an A" before you know it all eyes were on him.