eight

~

        Zayn hadn't spoken a word for God-knows how long. All he did was stay in his little tree house and draw. Sometimes he didn't know what he was drawing, but he didn't care and he let his hand do what it wanted.

        Tricia didn't know what was wrong.

        Niall was confused by that one Friday.

        His sisters were concerned.

        Harry stayed with him.

        "Hey, Zaynie," Harry smiled climbing into the tree house.

        Zayn didn't bother turning around just continued to draw.

        Harry sat down beside him and nudged his shoulder, "Hey, I love you."

        Zayn didn't smile, so Harry kept on.

        "I love you," Harry said again his smile not faltering. He got close to Zayn's ear, "I said I love you."

        Zayn fought his smile.

        Harry poked Zayn's side making him squirm. He poked him again and a giggled popped out of Zayn's mouth.

        Harry lightly nibbled on Zayn's ear, "What do you say?"

        Zayn giggled again.

        Harry grabbed onto his waist and flipped him on his back where Zayn was below him. Straddling Zayn Harry said, "I will not hesitate to tickle it out of you."

        Zayn shook his head.

        Harry's fingers started to move and a beautiful laugh fell from Zayn's lips. "Okay, okay! I love you more."

        He pulled Harry down for a kiss. Zayn had missed giggling and talking with Harry. He missed their kisses and exchanges of "I love you's'. He guesses, that's what pulled him out of his small depression.

        "Zayn! Niall's at the door!" He heard his mother yell.

        "Shit," Zayn mumbled all of his happiness vanished.

        "I don't want you talking to him," Harry stated with a scowl.

        "Tell him to go away!" Zayn yelled back.

        "Zayn Javadd! I will not order him away! Go talk to him, now!"

        "Mother's order's," Zayn said lowly. He got out from under Harry and climbed down the tree.

        When he was back at the house and saw Niall in the doorway, that empty feeling came back; hard.

        "Hey, Zayn," Niall said with a small smile. He was taken back by the bags under Zayn's eyes and his sad expression. "How've you been?"

        "You already know the answer to that question," Zayn's eyes welled up with tears and he looked at the ground. "I've been horrible."

        "Zee," Niall murmured and pulled Zayn in for a hug without hesitation.

        Zayn didn't care about what had happened, he missed Niall. After being best friends with someone for years, it's hard to just let them go over stupid things.

        "Lets go sit on the couch, yeah?"

        Zayn nodded knowing his mother was in her room at the moment.