Chapter 3

Pavel's POV

"All stand for the bride," Kirk announces

If I had anything in my hand, I would've just dropped it. My mouth nearly falls open as the doors slide open. This is no woman walking down the aisle... this is an angel. An angel sent from Heaven walks down the aisle towards me. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and that's an understatement.

I cannot contain myself. Tears wet my cheeks. I am in complete awe as my bride, Heaven sent, makes her way up the aisle. I look beside her and see Bones. He's attempting not to cry. He bites his lip fighting back tears as he looks from me to Hannah.

"You may be seated," Kirk begins. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to join Hannah Aidan McCoy and Pavel Andreievich Chekov in holy matrimony in the presence of God."

He then turns to Hannah and Bones and smiles. I can see that he, himself, is holding back tears.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" he asks.

"I do," Bones responds. He turns to Hannah and whispers. "I love you, baby girl."

He then kisses her forehead and sits down on the bride's side. A lot of the Enterprise crew didn't know where to sit since they know both of us. In the end, they just sat somewhere. I see that Hannah's mother is not present. She sent her an invitation, but Hannah did not think she would attend. Part of me thinks she might be relieved... I know Bones is.

"Pavel, Hannah," Kirk continues. "Today, you take a leap together into a new life. You will leave this place not as two people, but in a bind of one flesh. I charge you both to remember to stand by each other always and forever. To stand up when the other can't. To love through the impossible. To hold each other till death do you part. To be patient with each other even when Hannah's sarcasm rears its head or when Pavel is utterly confused. I charge you both to love each other and hold each other and comfort each other and stand by each other."

Kirk looks from me to Hannah. He smiles and laughs a little.

"Alright folks, hold onto your hats cause here we go," he says. He then turns to me. "Pavel Andreievich Chekov, do you take Hannah Aidan McCoy to be your wedded wife, and in the presence of these witnesses do you vow that you will do everything in your power to make your love for her a growing part of your life? Will you continue to strengthen it from day to day and week to week with your best resources? Will you stand by her in sickness or in health, in poverty or in wealth, and will you shun all others and keep yourself to her alone as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," I respond.

He then faces Hannah.

"Hannah Aidan McCoy, do you take Pavel Andreievich Chekov to be your wedded husband, and in the presence of these witnesses do you vow that you will do everything in your power to make your love for him a growing part of your life? Will you continue to strengthen it from day to day and week to week with your best resources? Will you stand by him in sickness or in health, in poverty or in wealth, and will you shun all others and keep yourself to him alone as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," she replies.

"Ok, from what you have told me, I understand that you wish to make speeches before vows... or something like that," Kirk states. A couple of people laugh... including Hannah and I. "I turn it over to you then, Mr. Chekov."

I take a deep breath and then begin.

"Hannah Aidan McCoy. You are zhe most amazing woman I've ewer met. From zhe moment I first stared into your beautiful hazel eyes, I knew. I knew zhat you were the one I wanted to spend my life with. Your courage is unmatched. I've watched you risk your life ower and ower to save zhose you love and ewen zhose you've newer met. You don't zhink twice about helping someone. Your kindness inspires me. You've loved me since you met me. You've loved me more zhan I ewer deserved. You have compassion zhat I've newer seen before. I promise that I will love you forewer. I will hold you and newer let you go. Through anyzhing and ewerything, I will be by your side."