Chapter 4

Bones's POV

    "The father of the bride," I hear announced. "Dr. Leonard McCoy."

    I enter into the dining hall with an applause and song blasting in the background.

    "Bones!" I hear Jim yell along with his clapping. I nearly fall out laughing. I take my seat as I watch Pavel's parents enter. The little flower girl and ring bearer enter after that, walking straight to their parents. All of the bridesmaids and groomsmen enter.

    Finally, the whole room stands as Pavel and Hannah enter arm in arm. Thunderous applause and cheers fill the room. Many people are drying tears from their eyes including myself. They sit and are served food. The rest of us are soon served and begin to eat as well.

      Soon after eating, I see my cue. I walk up to the table where Hannah and Pavel are sitting. I hold out my hand to Hannah.

      "May I have this dance?" I ask.

      She smiles as she takes my hand. We walk to the dance floor as the music begins. We chose this song together. I nearly cry hearing its lyrics. It walks you through life of father and daughter. From dancing as a princess to the prom to the wedding. I nearly cry hearing the lyrics, "Oh please. Daddy please." They remind me of when she was young and always needed me. When she begged saying those words. When I was the one person who could solve any problem in her eyes.

Hannah's POV

      I feel like a little girl again dancing with my dad. We sway back and forth. I look to see many people in tears. I see Jim has finally lost it. Tears streaming one after the other down his face.

      I'm even attempting to keep it together. I see dad is doing the same thing. I had always wondered why so many people cried at weddings. I guess you don't understand until you experience it for yourself.

      "I love you, daddy," I tell him in a breaking voice.

      "I love you too," he replies.

      We've said that so many times today, but it doesn't feel overdone at all. My heart could explode right now. I have everything I could ever ask for in the world right here in this room.

————————————

Credit:

Song: Cinderella by Stephen Curtis Chapman

Video: hi8Dxr