Chapter 5

Pavel's POV

        I stand up and walk to my bride. She takes my arm as we walk onto the floor. The entire room looks at us.

      "Ladies and gentlemen," we hear Kirk announce. "Mr. and Mrs. Pavel Chekov."

      I take her hand in mine and place a hand gently on her waist as she places hers on my shoulder. The song begins as we sway back and forth. I hold my wife as we move. This must be what Heaven is like.

    "People say this is the most magical day of your life," she says. "I don't think that even scratches the surface."

    "Not even close," I respond. "Paradise can't even describe it."

    She gently lays her head on my chest. It's like the dance, the formal, years ago. I remember us dancing. Being there... it was unlike anything I'd ever felt in my life. Then... the first time her lips touched mine. It was a moment I'll never forget as long as I shall live. Now when my lips touch hers, it is new. I touch the lips of my wife.

    I look at the woman I will spend the rest of my life with... the love of my life. I look at her. She is amazing. Her dark brown hair shines as light reflects off of it. Her soft skin on her cheek lays against my jacket. Her hazel eyes look into my soul. She radiates with beauty. All eyes are on us, and yet, it seems like it is only us.

    "How did I ever get so lucky?" I ask.

    "I ask myself that every day," she replies.

Hannah's POV

    I look up into my husband's face. Everyone continues to say how nice I look, but they seem to be failing to notice how handsome he is. He sweet blue eyes have cared for me, comforted me and loved me since the day I first saw them. His sweet smile makes my heartbeat quicken. His curly hair is the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

    Right here, with him, it feels safe. It feels comfortable. It feels like home. This is the rest of my life. This is my greatest adventure standing in front of me. I believe our destiny has been written in the stars since the day we met. People say we were just meant to be. I believe them with my whole heart. I was made to be his wife, and he was made to be my husband.

    "I love you," I tell him.

    "I love you," he says.

    This day has been perfect. My whole life has changed. I look around the room to see all gazes fixed on us. Jim and dad stand beside each other. Both are crying. I see Sulu and Scotty are as well. Along with Uhura and...

    Wait! Is SPOCK crying?!

    I stand in awe as I see Commander Spock in tears. He holds Nyota in his arms and stares at us. I look back at my husband as a tear falls down my own face. I do not believe my eyes are going to remain dry at any point during this. Pavel's aren't either.

    We hear the song come to a close. We stand holding each other for a few moments before our lips press together. I treasure this moment. It is worth more to me than anything. I stand with my husband surrounded by those I love most.

—————————-
Credit:

Song: I Will Be Here by Stephen Curtis Chapman

Video: mytokar