3. Rough Cut

"Spade, keep breathing," Coulson said before even entering the room. Doctor Benito, head of the history and research department, was already there.

"I'm still breathing, I'm still breathing," Spade said dismissively, "but now that you're her I can start. First... You are gonna want to clear your head and be ready to just smile and nod." she started. The two visitors nodded in understanding. "C. No, second! Second, the topic of the crystal. At a glance it looks like it's flawlessly cut but at a larger scale; but like a snowflake, every gem is unique. I first started to look at the wider side of it to see if there were any flaws, I didn't find any. So I went to the longer side, but this time something weird happened, instead of losing focus like everyone else did, I couldn't look away. I even had Evelyn run diagnostics on me and the crystal and everything seemed to be fine with me...BUT anyway bear with me please-" she interrupted herself and took a swig of water.

"I looked at it again and I noticed tiny chips on the edges, especially when I realized that they weren't in any uniform pattern but what seemed to be more of a random one. So I took it's projection," she went over to the floating model. "Focused on the edges," she deleted the facets of the image to where only the outline of the green was left, "and highlighted the chips," she says doing just that. Coulson watched carefully, he always knew she was sort of a loose cannon but he never seen her way of thinking like this before.

"I compressed them together, like you know how if you write on the side of a book you can read it and if you open the book you don't know what it says? Well I closed the book, metaphorically and literally speaking. I tried thousand of different combinations, most of the results ending up in a jumbled mess, but I did get results; by compressing the image from top to bottom you get Japanese saying 'tsukurimashou' an from watching enough anime and Game Grumps I know that translates into 'let's make it'...." There was an awkward silence in the room at the weird translation. "So obviously that's not it, but when I compressed it side to side like a book, I got this." Spade fiddled with the hologram image to when the cracks on the edge represented as does created English characters but in a different language. "This is where you come in doctor," she says snapping and pointing at him. I'm starting to sound like my brother she thought.

"Tha sinn ag obair. is Banríon thú," Doctor Benito read aloud, adjusting his glasses. "The first phrase is Scottish Gaelic. The second is Irish for sure. If my translation is correct..." he paused and thought for a moment, " 'We are fae. You are Queen' ". Evelyn wrote that phrase down on a Post-it note and stuck it on the side of Spade's laptop.

"From that I can conclude that it has Celtic origins, specifically Irish and Scottish. From what we know of the Tesseract, it was found in Norway which lead to the Norse gods, like Thor; but because of the correlation like this, there is a good chance of faerie or something of magic activity." Spade concluded and looked at Coulson for insight.

"There would have been a time where I thought you dilusional and would have kicked you out, but with what I've seen nowadays, I'm willing to believe it," Coulson rubbed his forehead as he thought about the situation.

"Besides the writing, is there any other way to identify is origin as Irish specifically and not Icelandic?" asked the doctor glancing at the glowing crystal.

"I've spent two hours starting at that thing, and for that entire time the some was emitting patterns of light. It wasn't a pulse or a countdown. It was morse code!" she said excitedly. She switched the holographic image of the crystal to a map.

"Coordinates? Of course leading somewhere between Scotland and Ireland. Thank you for coming, Doctor; we will let you know if there are any developments that need your attention," the agent said leading Doctor Benito out of Spade's lab as she rummaged around to find something. The doctor looked concerned but left anyway as the brunette scientist pulled out a tuning fork and turned off the holoprojector, making her way over to the crystal again. She takes the instrument to the crystal's tip and let it vibrate in the air before putting the solid to to the table, causing a loud and high pitched ring to fill the room; Coulson flinched at the noise, even Evelyn looked up from her laptop at her small work desk. "What was that for?" asked Coulson as the ring started to die out, but Spade held up her hand with the tuning fork, meaning for him to be quiet until the sound completely disappeared.
Spade muttered something like how it wasn't supposed to make that sound or "what are you trying to say?" But before Coulson could say anything, Evelyn snapped her fingers to get Spades attention.