10. ...and Training Montage

(A\N this will be an actual montage so try to keep up😼)
(Also start the song now)

"So congratulations, you're now a powerful faerie and possess a magic scythe; but just because you have this new strength doesn't mean you can use it properly," Natasha began to lecture Spade who was standing in front of the red head. Abhainn sat nearby and watched Natasha and Spade on the training ring; much like the one her brother has in his tower. "Punch my hand," said the Russian, holding up her bare hand. Spade made her stance and punched Natasha's palm who raised an eyebrow as if she were impressed. She held up both hands; "not bad. Again," she commanded.

"Magic within you exists as long as your alive. Without knowledge of it, we would cease to exist. Without a ruler on the throne is even worse; so it is now your job to lead us and maintain peace," Abhainn sat cross legged in front of Spade; she took her supirior's hands and stretched them palm up, wisps of amber energy on her left and purple crystal shards floating above her right hand. "Starting with control."

(Here should start the words of the song)
Spade slid under Natasha's raised leg and popped up behind her, dragging Natasha's arm around and slamming her down on the mat. "Tony taught you all he could on fighting, huh?" Then the red head twisted around and quickly got herself up, sweeping her leg under Spade and locking her arms behind her. "Now I'll teach you everything I know," she said, firmly pressing her weight against her opponent. Spade sighed as Natasha removed herself and hoisted up her friend.

"Certain species of fae possess a certain types of magic. You have the energy wisps you create," Abhainn explained. Spade nodded in acknowledgement before her cousin took a few steps back. "Now try to harness that energy and extend it towards me," the multicolored-hair girl instructed. Spade took in a breath and readied herself by holding up her hands. She concentrated with her eyes closed and a little sprout of amber magic came from her palms. Abhainn smiled at the progress she was making...until she was knocked back by a wave of the energy from her cousin's hands.
"Damn! Abhainn are you okay?" Spade shouted to Abhainn who held a thumbs up from beneath the pile of books and papers from a bookshelf.

Spade blocked everything that came at her, wether it by Natasha's fist, leg, or foot; and she did it all extraordinarily well. Natasha was glad that Spade has the capability to take it all in so quickly; so in the past four days that they had been here, she added two new things to her training. The red head realized that her friend could soon surpass her in her own skill. But not until she can make the assassin bleed. Natasha smiled at Spade who was still tensed, "again."

"Your energy comes from your mother's side. But from your father, however..." Abhainn trailed off and paused. The two were looking at a purple crystal that she had created on accident earlier. "Your father gave you his crystal manipulation. Quite a rare ability it is." Spade almost forgot that they were speaking completely in the fae language: a mix of Irish, Scottish Gaelic, and some other ancient tongue. The brunette's face flashed a little fear that her cousin noticed. "That's a good thing! Don't worry. Now try to manifest that power and create something," Abhainn chirped. Spade nodded and took several deep breaths.
"Think of something..." Spade whispered to herself. She thought of her favorite place: a meadow that she and Tony used to play in that was full of poppies. Then she thought of him. Her brother. She couldn't stop every happy memory that fixed her mind. She let the joy and peace full her heart and body and let it go.