Introduction.

Thelma Kerling was a tall, dark-skinned girl with type 4 kinky hair and sharp features who's parents both migrated from the island Jamaica to Canada. She was known throughout her town for her great academic grades, siblings (her big brother, and little sister Olivia), her wonderful personality and her mother's blooming fashion business. She was caring, kind, ambitious, talented, inevitably beautiful and seemed as if she was the perfect daughter blessed to a black man and white woman. But, outside all the discrimination of her skin tone she was still child everyone wanted, she was in fact the 'Golden Girl' of Westchester Cove.

She, like her father had an common interest in the ocean, being that he migrated a few years from the wonderful island Jamaica, but sadly, even something as beautiful as the ocean can be deathly. On September 13, 2017. Thelma's mother recieved a call from a police officer asking her to identify a body at Ocean's Cove, just the mere mention of the ocean's name gave her chills, for she knew that both her husband and daughter had strong feelings towards this specific ocean and could not keep away from it, the body was later on identified as Rushane Kerling (Thelma's Dad). It was said that he had drowned due to the rough movements of the ocean's waves, this of course made the Kerling family distressed and sad.

After years of being mentally frustrated, tired and depressed, Thelma has realized that maybe her life hasn't been as perfect as she and other people thought it was, but instead, it was damaged, hurtful, and completely lonely. As Thelma battled through her mind's questions like 'what if?', 'could it be repaired?' and 'why?' on the ocean's shore, Ricardo Henderson had been watching her, he had been watching 'The Ocean Girl.'