66: About Last Night

(Irresistible Ch. 66: The Boxer and The Nervous Wreck)

After last night with all the liquor and sugar consumption and aggression, I really did expect to wake up with a raging hangover and spend most of my day in bed with Mia. And even with a splitting headache, that would have been a day well spent.

I was convinced. I was going to wake up in agony.

Hell, I walked into a glass door, did a striptease, and played dress up with my girlfriend, it should have been physically impossible for me to wake up at my usual time...early.

But here I am, awake and uncomfortably sober.

It happened almost instantaneously. I woke up with a groan, rolled over to escape the sunlight streaming in, planning to bury my head in Mia's hair when I saw them, the light bruises on Mia's upper arm where that lowlife manhandled her last night, and bam, I was very awake and clear headed.

He needs to be taught a lesson.

I couldn't be close enough or hold her tight enough. As irrational as if is, I wish I could wipe him from her past completely. I want to fix the unfixable, but he's not going anywhere even if we never see him again.

Edmund is a part of her as Carolina is a part of them.

It's odd, I don't think I've ever been so clear headed just after waking up, but seeing my girl hurt was so shattering to me, I was completely awake and ready for the day.

Good thing too the second I step out the bathroom, mother nature getting the best of me, I hear Mark, my trainer, ring the buzzer to be let through the front gate.

I manage to pull on a shirt and a pair of shorts and get down the stairs unscathed by the time he starts knocking on my front door.

I tell him about last night, the fact that I'm not the least bit hungover as he had assumed, and how appalled I was, and still am, by the fact that Mia doesn't enjoy carrot cake. It makes him laugh as he sets up and it gives me a few moments without the image of Mia and that smug fuck that she has to call an ex-boyfriend.

The way he handled my girl makes my blood boil.

No one, and I mean no one, gets to put a hand on my girl except me and even then she will be a ready and willing participant. She enjoys my touches, I know that and the second she doesn't I'd stop and figure out what's wrong.

That's what good people do.

I really wish I got a good swing in on him. Unfortunately now, Mark will get the brunt of my aggression but that's what he's here for. He's a mate, he gets it.

Luckily he can handle it and I have to admit that a smirk crosses my face at the thought that Edmund wouldn't be able to.

All I want is to forget about that bastard entirely but that's not going to happen, now is it? It's like I said, he's always going to be a part of Mia's past as Carolina will always be a part of mine. I can't change that, unfortunately, but I can find out how the two of them got into the party.

I know Jeff too well not to be convinced that security was tight last night. No one got in without an invite so it must have been an inside job. I can't see any of my friends sneaking them in so all I'm left with is to assume that Edmund and Carolina heard about it through the grapevine, nothing is ever a secret in this city, and then bribed someone who worked at the restaurant for admittance.

Yes, I'll admit it is a bit of a long shot theory-wise but it's the only plausible solution.

My friends wouldn't do something like that to me or Mia so it had to be someone at the restaurant.