A Story

"You know, it's very kind of you to help me, miss, but I prefer to bath in privacy, please." Kiera informed the maid, who was patiently waiting for her to enter the bath with soap and towel in her hands. Kiera herself was nervously fidgeting with her hands behind her back as she was used to being alone when bathing.

It didn't comfort her much to have a stranger in the room along with her to silently judge her body and gossip about it to others. Also, just to know that somebody was watching her. It made her feel vulnerable. No, she preferred to enjoy bathing by herself.

"Of course, my lady, I will leave you to it." The maid said, and she blushed slightly in embarrassment of her agitations. "Call for me if you need me. My name is Miriel."

"Thank you." Kiera gave her a hint of a smile as Miriel put the soaps and towel aside on a table and walked out the door, quietly closing it behind her.

Taking a deep breath, she took off her bra, shirt and tight jeans, letting them fall to the floor in heaps she didn't care about. Kicking off her shoes in a swift second, she quickly got into the water and felt the warmth surround her and loosen her surprisingly sore muscles. Her head ached less, but she still felt it mingling, sure that it would take a while before it disappeared entirely. She hadn't exactly done much other than getting here - and switching worlds. Considering that, she had been through some kind of exhaustion.

She slowly drifted in the water and admired the room she occupied. It was the most beautiful bathroom she had ever been in. The room was carved into the cave walls, and the floor was made of matte sand stone. Another wooden table than the one Miriel had put her things on, was placed up the wall with a huge stone bowl on it and lotions beside it. A mirror was placed behind the bowl and a pitcher with water on the other side of the lotions, waiting to be used.

Light shone through windows that were build in high up in the walls, enlightening the room with a calm aura, relaxing Kiera further as she turned in the water. She inhaled slowly and dipped her head under the water, letting the pressure push at her head. The headache pounded louder, but nonetheless eased after a few seconds and she broke through the surface, sighing softly at the suddenly cold air flush against her skin.

After enjoying the bath for longer than what was considered legal, she got up and dressed in a dark blue robe, gathering her shoes and clothes from the floor. Walking out of the door in long strides, she was again reminded of the king's current state of mind as the guard who had been posted outside her room, instantly caught up with her and started leading her back to her chambers.

As she pushed aside the urge to talk with the guard, who probably would ignore her, she focused on her surroundings. The corridors were long and tall, fairly narrow but still wide enough for ten men walk side by side without touching the walls. Guards occupied the spaces in the shadows, watching Kiera and her 'companion' walk past them, continuing down to her own chambers.

She thanked the guard as he held the door open and she stepped into her newly appointed home. He held out his hands for her clothes to give to the maids.

"Please don't destroy them. I would like to keep them." She pulled the bundle out of reach. She loved the jeans and the t-shirt too. And living here without a bra? I think not, she answered her own question in thought.

"I will make sure they return to you, my lady." He answered with a kind smile, a glint in his eye.

"Thank you." She said and narrowed her eyes in suspicion, though nevertheless gave him all but the shoes and bra. They wouldn't know how to wash it anyway.

He bowed and retreated, Kiera closing the door after him. Sighing, she turned to the bed, throwing the shoes and bra towards it, and she looked forward to sleeping for a few hours. She had no idea what time it was exactly, but out of the window, the sun had gone down and she could see the stars twinkling in the sky.