An Audacity

Toron: Brother
Mellon: Friend

Kiera tapped her fingertips against the table as she sat in the dining hall, glancing around the room. Castien and Miriel were casually talking about a fun story from their past, spiraled far into the details and several other memories, after Miriel had gossiped about another maid. The maid had accidentally washed the Prince's white trousers with a batch of his red clothes – hence, now they were rose-colored, one of his lesser favorites.

Castien snorted loudly as Miriel reminded him of when he had hid Legolas' bow and quiver before a patrol, may it be two centuries ago or so, where the dear Prince had responded by disposing the guard's entire uniform so he couldn't show up on duty. It had led to a great scolding by the King.

"That is a fun story until we get to the part where I couldn't find my codpiece!" Castien defended, causing Miriel to snicker into her goblet full of water.

"This is why I have more brain than you, toron." Miriel laughed and Kiera smirked as she listened. She knew Castien and Legolas had known each other for many years, and they over time had grown to be good friends through their work in the guard. "If you would only be a little more responsible, perhaps you had become a Captain many years ago." She heard Miriel continue, only causing Castien to roll his eyes.

Although, Kiera wasn't listening much further than that. Her gaze was fixed on a table not far from them, where Legolas sat with the elleth she had briefly talked with a few days earlier, Alannah. A smile grazed Kiera's lips, hoping that she could get to know her a little better over time and perhaps form a friendship – albeit her current relations to Legolas were standing on thin ice, and she didn't know how it would go with Alannah, if that wasn't sorted out first.

She frowned slightly when she realized Thranduil wasn't sitting with them – throughout the months she had been there, she could always find him enjoying his meal at this time of day with Legolas, surely Alannah too, or by himself. It was very few times he had invited her to eat with him.

Kiera looked down when she felt a tug on her finger, and she smiled at the sight of Mojo. "What is it?" She inquired in a mutter, ignoring Miriel's quiet giggle when she saw the monkey had come. The elleth had adored the little creature ever since he first arrived - in whatever way he had managed to, was still a mystery to Kiera.

Mojo chattered and pulled at her harder, pointing towards the table where Alannah and Legolas ate. "They wouldn't want me to interrupt their meal! That's rude, they should have their privacy." Kiera objected quietly, but Mojo chattered louder and tugged more. As always in her life, Mojo had been able to sense when bridges were either burning or certainly weak, and he seemed to know she had things to clear up properly with Legolas.

"Bruh..." Kiera sighed and closed her eyes, rising from her seat as she glanced back at Castien and Miriel. "I'll see you later." She said with a resigned mutter, letting Mojo bounce along as she walked towards the table.

Behind her, was Castien confusedly looking from her back to Miriel. "Bruh? What is that for a word?" He asked, Miriel shrugging in response.

"She's from that Earth, maybe it's another tongue. I haven't heard of it." Miriel snickered, looking over his shoulder to see Kiera approach Legolas and Alannah. "Maybe it's a feeling." She hummed, much aware of the incident where the prince had been shot and their friendship had crumbled.

Legolas looked up when Kiera stood at his side, the smile that had adorned his face quickly diminishing into a thin line when he discovered who had come. "Kiera." He greeted and Kiera nodded in return, feeling rather sheepish to disturb them at this time.

"I don't believe we had much time to acquaint one another." She said to Alannah as she tried pushing the confrontation with Legolas a little further, and Alannah gazed up at her with a kind smile. "I hope to remedy that in the future." Kiera admitted and Alannah seemed happy to hear.