WINDS OF WINTER

W I N D S O F
W I N T E R
introduction. ❩

  ⌷⌷⌷⌷⌷ ✦ ⌷⌷⌷⌷⌷ 

⌷⌷⌷⌷⌷ ✦ ⌷⌷⌷⌷⌷

  THE HORAE, PERSONIFICATION of nature in its different seasonal aspects, are reputed to be beautiful with blooming complexions. They bring and bestow ripeness, and come and go in accordance with the firm law of periodicites of nature and of life. Always regarded as friendly and devoid of guile and subtlety, they are inseparably connected with all that is good and beautiful in nature.

  The group of goddesses were forged during the dawn of time, when the first sovereign of Asgard bestowrd the power of the seasons upon four individual bloodlines. If one should die, their next of king must take their place among the Horae. And that, dear readers, is how Skadi Ullrdotttir comes into picture.

  With the death of her mother, Skadi must take her place among the Horae. But when she is bestowed the power and crowned the new Goddess of Winter, her powers get the better of her. Overwhelmed with grief and uncertainty of her own role, Skadi unleashes her power, encasing Asgard in a blizzard of snow and ice and leaving the realm vulnerable to enemies. Out of fear of harming anyone after what she has done, Skadi flees her conornoation and takes to the woods.

  In order to save Asgard and return the realm to its former glory, Prince Loki takes it upon himself to find Skadi and bring her home. With the help of his brother, Princw Thor, and their childhood friend, Lady Sif, he embarks on a journey to find the Winter Goddess before its too late and their realm remains encased in winter for all eternity.

✧ ✦ ✧

You are the finest,
loveliest, tenderest, and most
beautiful person I have ever
known ─ and even that
that is an understatement.

ғ. sᴄᴏᴛᴛ ғɪᴛᴢɢᴇʀᴀʟᴅ

✧ ✦ ✧

DRAMATIS PERSONÆ
/ ˌdramədəs pərˈsōnē /
❨  the characters of a narrative.  ❩

  ❩