7 - CAVERN

After Loki went to his chambers and retrieved his trusty dagger and his cloak to keep him warm in the plummeting temperatures of his home realm, he approached the courtyard where his brother and Sif were awaiting him.

Impatient and prideful, his elder brother, Thor, stood tall; wrapped in a deep brown cloak bordered with thick wool, the royal emblem of their home clasping it together. He was tossing Mjölnir from hand to hand to impress a group of beautiful women fawning over his armor and golden hair. Thor's mouth pulled back into a charming grin and he tugged one of the beautiful women into his arms, drawing her spine to his chest as he brought one of her hands to rest over his own that was grasping hold of Mjölnir. The woman squealed as she somewhat wielded the weapon of Prince Thor, causing Loki to roll his eyes.

Typical.

Loki's eyes narrowed into slits at he glared toward his brother, his nostrils flaring and hand balling into a tightened fist beneath the fabric of his cloak. Even now, when every care and worry and pair of eyes should direct toward Skadi; whether she was alright, what Odin would do with her once she returned, where she was, if they would ever see her again ─ Thor took hold of the spotlight, keeping it upon himself.

Not that Loki was that surprised.

It's always been that way.

Even as children, Thor would throw tantrums just to receive more attention, thus forcing Loki to become a mere shadow in the background of those around him; men and women equal or lower of him ignoring his existence.

Many in Asgard act like Thor is the only son of King Odin who means anything to the realm, but there were two ─ at least that Loki knew of ─ who feel otherwise. One being his mother, Frigga, and the other being the woman he's been in love with for as long as he can remember. The platinum-blonde always gave him the time of day unlike most.

He intended to bring her home and wasn't planning on returning home himself until he found her.

When Loki reached his brother's side, Thor unwrapped his muscular arm from the woman with a grin. "Ah, Loki, there you are! I was beginning to doubt your arrival."

A disbelieving expression painted Loki's features. How can Thor think he would cower out when this has to do with Skadi?

"How could I not?" he said. "I won't rest until I find her, brother."

"We should leave," Sif cut in before Thor could respond. "The quicker we find Skadi, the better."

"Yes," Loki agreed. He began weaving through the swarm of people, heading toward the area of woods Skadi was last sighted in. He could hear Sif and Thor following him. "We don't know how long it will be before we find her, and it will be dusk soon. The dark will only bring colder winds."

Thor gave his brother a firm pat on the back as he came to stroll beside him, a giddy smile forming on his face. If Loki was correct in assuming, he could almost say that his brother was glad Skadi had frozen over their realm, just so he could be a hero in the eye of their father and their people once more when they returned with her. In fact, Loki was even starting to wonder if Thor was even the slightest bit concerned for the platinum-blonde he claimed to be his friend. While Sif seemed concerned over Skadi ─ someone who has been her friend for many a year ─ Thor seemed too nonchalant to even hold concern within his heart.

"Worry not, brother." Thor brought his brother closer, beaming down at him and seeming to not even notice how uncomfortable his brother appeared to be. "In my company, we shall find her sooner than the moon's hours." He pushed away from Loki, venturing forward while whistling a ballad heard from the tavern.