3: Sneaky Sweetie's Sheepy Smiles

"GET THE HELL OVER HERE SWEETIE PIE!!!"
He heard some swearing and footsteps thundering down the stairs.

"What are you shouting for???", asked Ariana a little frightened because to be honest when Xander looked ready to kill, no one could blame her. She smiled sheepishly but it faded from the look on his face.

"Did you take my phone?", he growled.
"Yes", she squeaked.
"Did you text someone without my permission?"
"Yes"
"Was that someone also known as Helena Jo?".
"Yes"
"Why"
"Well...I thought it would be funny after I saw your argument today........em.....sorry.....".

There was the sound of glass smashing which made Ariana's sensitive eardrums tingle. " Look it was supposed to be a joke and i've done this many times to other people before so what's so different about this time?", asked Ariana

"Look she's new, you...you..you can't just text her ok!! And this time it is different", with that Xander stomped up the stairs and slammed his door with a loud slam.

Ariana was standing at the bottom of the stairs and thinking deeply about why Xander is acting soo peculiar. She has done this many times but it would just result in him chasing her and then both of them rolling on the floor laughing it off. He never acted soo.....pissed before.

The click of a door opening brought Ariana back to her senses. For a second she thought that maybe Xander came back but it took her a further 5 seconds to realise it was his dad opening the front door. Shit....

With that she bolted up the stairs and threw open Xander's bedroom door, he was lazily lying on his bed watching his phone. His head snapped up and saw Ariana with a petrified look on her face. He immediately understood why she was here and dragged her to his window.

He fumbled with the latch of his window for about 10 seconds but then managed to unlatch it. He lifted Ariana off her feet and helped her climb onto the tree which was located conveniently beside his window. Xander shut the curtains and jumped back onto his bed, shoving his phone underneath the covers and grabbing a random book from his bag.

For the second time that day the door flew open again and this time he saw the face of his dad. "Why do you have the curtains closed at 5:00 in the evening , why did I hear footsteps on the stairs and why are you reading your book upside down? ", his eyebrows were raised and all Xander wanted to do was shave those off.

He tried comprehending all of those questions and started talking although Xander could feel his lips moving, the words he was saying, he couldn't remember when he thought of them.

"Em, the sunlight was glaring my eyes and I couldn't see the words on the book properly, those footsteps were mine because when I heard the door opening I thought it was a burglar. You see I forgot you took the house keys this morning."

"Mmmmhmmm, and you reading your book upside down?", his dad asked. " Oh you know the light was glaring so I didn't realise I had my book upside down". Xander prayed to all the gods out there that his dad wouldn't realise his explanation made no sense at all and the order wasn't chronological.

Much to his surprise, his dad was satisfied with his son's bizarre reasoning and shut the door behind him as he walked out. Xander took a huge relieved deep breath and momentarily forgot about the whole incident of Ariana texting Helena Jo from his phone.

He took out his phone again and looked again for the hundredth time on what Ariana texted to Helena Jo. It said:

Hi! I'm Xander, you know your classmate in your new school, sorry about yesterday I just was in a bad mood and I should have said sorry. Do you want to be friends?

That bitch. He thought. He knew it wasn't the first time she did something stupid like this. They usually just laughed it off, but this time it was different he didn't know how but he did know that this will be changing a lot of things.
And good or bad change, he didn't want it. Xander wasn't the type to have any changes to his boring repetitive lifestyle.

He made up his mind to go up to Helena Jo the next day and tell her he had no plan to be her friend and that yesterday was just a mistake. Yes! He'll tell her that she doesn't deserve to be his friend.

Well atleast it would save his pride....

*

Who the flip was this number. Wait, that face in that profile picture. She has definitely seen that oh so gorgeous brown eyes somewhere.

NO WAY!! Was that Xander. The guy she had a fight with on the first day of school. Why in the name of Godric Gryffindor did he text?

Emm, should she open it or not? It's going to hurt is it just to read a message.

Wait, she's a Gryffindor!! Where did the courageous, brave traits go!! She opened it...

Did he just say sorry? AND ASKED TO BE HIS FRIEND!! Wasn't he an annoying person who would sacrifice his life for his pride to be undamaged.

Or maybe her assumptions were wrong, maybe she was too quick to assume the worst in everybody.

Here he was being a gentleman and apologizing and she was refusing to believe it. Gosh, she was a bit stupid.

Her heart warmed at his words but she decided not to reply. If your asking why! Well she has no idea, it was just an instinct.

*
He went through his conversation once more in his head and stepped into the class.

Bloody Brilliant!!

She wasn't even here yet. Just that awkward nerd James was sitting and reading beside her seat.

Well, she was extremely late on her first day so what did he expect.

Just after 10 minutes when he was going to give up, she walked in. His heart was beating faster after he caught those emerald irises. He shook his head to clear the the thought and walked towards her. "Look!", he started but she cut him off.

What she did next completely surprised him. She put her hands out and said "Call me Hela Jo, I would love to be your friend and sorry for not replying yesterday".

Xander stood there gaping and entirely baffled. Should he shake her hand or slap it away and tell her how much he would hate to be her friend.

But he glanced sideways and accidentally met that idiotic Sweetie pie's sheepy smile, he shook her hand and smiled where he was rewarded with Hela Jo's smile as well.

Curse Sneaky Sweetie's Sheepy Smiles...........

Heyy! Hope u enjoyed this chapter. I know it was a bit cheesy but im not a great writer anyway. Thank you!!