Chapter 2: Time Passing

15th of June 5:32 am

It had been a whole month since Nyra, V and Nero had their encounter with the Demon King Urizen. The Qliphoth roots have increased in size and numbers throughout Red Grave City.

V, Nyra and Nero had come into contact a few moments ago and they are supposed to meet right in the centre of the city.

In all of this month, there had been no sighting of Dante, Trish or Lady. Which didn't bode well for the hunters.

The Tigress, as Nero had nicknamed her, groaned after slicing through another damned insect demon.

"I hate being up this early", The black haired beauty complained while assisting her close ally V. Nyra was not a morning person by any stretch of the mean, especially since she was up to kill demons.

"No rest for the wicked as they say", V reply's in his usual monotone voice, summoning Griffon to attack some of the demons ahead of them with his lighting.

"Being wicked sucks ass", Nyra retorts after quickly drawing Liberty from her thigh to shoot an insect demon right in the head who got way to close for her liking. "This is gonna be a long day...", She ducks quickly while sighing to dodge an attack coming from a new demon type that has appeared named the Hell Caina.

Nyra leaped into the air, and threw her sword down at the demon right through it's stomach, pining the beast down by V's feet. V stabbed his cane down into the face of the Cleaving Vanguard which swiftly ended its disgusting life. Once the demon had been destroyed, V grabbed Nyras sword and handed it back to her. When Nyra grabbed her sword off V,  their hands came in contact with each other.

V and Nyra caught each others gazes for a moment. Neither of the two wavered from the other. V's dark eyes seemed to penetrate into Nyras soul, while unknowingly, she was giving V the same effect.

Their moment was ruined however by Griffins excessive squawking, both of the two looked at Griffin with a disapproving stare.

"Now is not the time love birds, demons are around, hello!", Griffin scolds the two, which earned the bird a pair of disapproving glances. Griffin felt the wave of heat from his allies, gulping nervously as he continues to shoot lighting at the demons.

Nyra chuckled and grasped her sword in her hands while looking back at V one last time.

"Back to work?"

V nodded with a tentative smile, raising his hand to tuck a small hair behind Nyras ear. The sensation sent shivers down her back, "It would seem so"

They both turn swiftly around, pushing away all the human feelings and continue to fight their way through the disgusting creatures.

Once all the Demons had been dispatched, the two carried on to their meeting destination. Nyra watched V closely as he began to take out a book. The book with his name embossed in gold on the front.

How V enjoyed that book, Nyra and V did have a common interest in poetry. Nyra really did enjoy poetry, Especially when V would read it aloud, his voice was very calming and soothing to her.

Nyra smiled at V while he was so engrossed into his book, Nyra admired V in so many ways. V had given her a purpose in life. Something she was lacking, something she needed. She was great full she had him in this life, even though it may not be for long.

Nyra was determined to do whatever she can to stop his fate from coming true. To stop that man from coming back, V deserved to live, he had to.

A loud growl came from up ahead, right where they were supposed to rendezvous with Nero. The sound caused both Nyra and V to stop in their tracks and look around cautiously to observe their surroundings.