T W O

forward

🌌

❝It isn't in my past. It's in my every day.❞

―Helen Wilson

🌌

+eralyn

When war becomes something that is not an unusual occurrence, it becomes strange when it finally is. It's been thirty years since the War to End All Wars, otherwise known as the Valg War, and society seems to be thriving better than ever. Of course, that is to be expected because the scheming bitch Maeve is off the throne, and the revered Queen Aelin rules with just and beneficial laws. The said female is Settled now as Fae with an immortal life span and has recently just given birth to a beautiful forest green-eyed girl with golden locks that seem to have been gifted to her by the sun.

My story is not well known, but it was I who freed Aelin from Maeve and Cairn's clutches. I have a long history with Lorcan and seeing as I was always a little bit more powerful than Maeve―enough that she once had me enslaved as her bloodsworn warrior because she was threatened by my power―he tracked me down with Rowan, Gavriel, and a human girl named Elide. My task was to save Aelin at all cost, and since Maeve stood in my way, I had no choice but wipe her clean of this earth. However, I wasn't stupid enough to kill her without taking whatever knowledge she knew about the Valg so that Rowan or his mate could use it later to defeat Erawan. I also took some of her powers, seeing as it might be beneficial to have them in the near future at that time. When I put an end to Maeve and freed Aelin, the demi-Fae was able to successfully end the stain created by the Valg and close the Wyrd gate shut forever. Even though I never voiced my personal concerns in order to make things less difficult for the young queen, I always wondered what it would mean for me if the gates closed forever. Would I be able to go back home? Or would I never have the chance to possibly reconnect with my family again?

Regardless, life moved forward, and I, still being hesitant over the whole "going back home" idea, have yet to bring up my fears with the queen. After the war was won, and miraculously all dear ones survived, clean up began and a new court was formed when Aelin was officially crowned. I was given the blood oath and the honor of serving Aelin as her Spymaster. Titles were given out and it stood that while Lorcan and Rowan may be the most powerful males, Aelin and I are seemingly the most powerful among females. As the Fae were recognized as heroes and great protectors, both human, Fae and, surprisingly, Wolf all integrated into Terrasen and formed an ethically and biologically diverse society.

Although I maybe Aelin's spymaster, more often than not I am her personal messenger. It makes sense, however, because my winnowing generally makes days and days of traveling by horseman a quick pop-in and pop-out. With that being said, it was far from strange when she sent me to Doranelle to check on Lorcan and Vaughan, who are also Aelin's bloodsworn warriors and offer to stay and govern Doranelle while she resided in Terrasen, her home, as she was also Queen of Doranelle. Rowan's cousin, Sellene, who I'd met once, was also a viable option for the throne, however, Aelin seemed to gain the majority of the populous' vote, so that was that.

It was while I was there that I feel the rumble in the world.

World-walker. 

...

Vaughan and Lorcan were nothing new. Vaughan, preferring the company of no one but himself, and Lorcan, who had been his usual brooding self, had nothing new to report and after that pleasant visit, I took it upon myself to take a stroll through the main city, to see how the people were living. The city streets were quiet but lively and fewer weapons were present of the bodies of civilians thankfully. All of us who fought in the war were ready to fight for that. Thank the Mother things generally worked out in the end. That war was very hard to see through.