Chapter 1

Chapter 1: What are the odds

School, once again. Why is Saturday so far away. Can't it be tomorrow? And who in the right mind thought school would be a good idea? Why couldn't it stop at like, the age of 16?

I knew the answer to the question. We needed it for our future blah, blah, blah. But today was one of those days where I dreaded school, meaning basically every other day. It would probably be more fun if I had friends. But do I? No.

"Class! Please hand up your assignments!" Ms Gregers said.I passed the papers down the row and she started to take note of who had not passed it up.

Ms Gregers was my Math teacher and she was really strict, which was probably why she wasn't married and has no kids. She'd probably never allow her kids to leave the house to see the sunlight or something.

"Mr Anderson? Homework?" She called. Yeah, Ash Anderson was in my Math class too. I'm so lucky right? Note the sarcasm.

"I'll pass it up when dinosaurs roam the Earth again. " He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

The class laughed, and I'll admit, my lips did twitch up a notch.

"See me after class," she glared at him.

"Oh that'd be splendid, Mrs G. Oh shit, my bad, your not married. I meant Ms G." He smirked, waving her request off.

"Silence!" She shouted, a feeble attempt to silence the laughter of the class, her cheeks turning pink.

The bell finally rung, and I waited for everyone to leave first, well, with the exception of Ash. I didn't enjoy being stuck at the door waiting for people to get out or be swamped by students who barely knew my existence.

As I stood up from my table and turned to leave, I bumped into a solid chest. I watched as our books fell to the ground.

"Watch it!" he hissed, bending down to pick up his stuff.

"Sorry," I mumbled, mimicing him.. I grabbed the pieces of paper which had fallen out of my binder. Wait... my diary! I looked around for my little black book and saw it under my desk chair. I grabbed it and lowered my stuff onto the table, planning to help Ash. He never filed his papers, did he? They were everywhere. I passed him the pieces of paper that I had picked up, and he roughly snatched them, giving me a glare.

Guess he was too cool to say 'thanks'.

"Whatever," I mumbled under my breath, hoping he wouldn't hear it. Grabbing my stuff, I walked out of the classroom rolling my eyes and shaking my head at him. He's a jerk.

~~~

I sat in my bean bag, smiling as I sunk into it. Placing my cup of hot chocolate down onto the floor, I grabbed a pen and started flipping to an empty page.

Wait a minute. This isn't my handwriting. I flipped through the pages, panicking . If this isn't my diary, then who's is it? And most importantly, where's mine? I think back, wondering about how I could've lost my diary.

Then it hit me. It was when I bumped into Ash. This must be his. I looked at the page it was opened to and the undity scribble proved that it was Ash's. The first line was 'Hey, it's Ash. Duh, who else right?'

I stopped reading. It was wrong. I wouldn't want any one to read my diary, so I shouldn't read anyone else's. But, what if he reads mine? What are the odds, the both of us having diaries that looked the same, ugh! He can't read my diary! It basically has my life in it! Especially the incident. He can't read about that!

*Ash's POV*

"What the hell?" I muttered as I flipped through the pages. It had neat and cursive handwriting, which obviously couldn't be mine. My handwriting wasn't that bad, but compared to this, it was horrible. I glanced at the page it was open at and saw the name Cassie written at the end of the page. I didn't read any further than that, knowing that whoever she was wouldn't want me to read it. It was simply wrong. And I hope that she'd think the same.

My diary contained too much information. Some may laugh about the fact that the bad boy actually kept a diary, but I actually enjoy having one."Who's Cassie?" I muttered, thinking to myself. I relived today's events, which wasn't that eventful and the realisation hit me like a punch in the face. Slaps are too girly.

.I had bumped into a girl after Math class. She might just be Cassie. Really? We just had to have the same coloured diary and we just had to bump into each other. It felt weird, not being able to write in my diary. I've been writing in it for more than three months and honestly, it felt weird. My life was recorded in that thing for god's sake!I need it back by tomorrow!

Let's just hope she's a nice girl that doesn't approve of people reading other people's diary. Unless she's a hypocrite, which would make the situation so much worse.

No one knows the truth about how I went to jail, and no one can or should know. No one knows the actual reason. Punching some dude was a brilliant cover up story, but the truth was written in my diary, and some girl has my diary. Only my parents know, but that's it. No one else can know. The day still haunts me till today, I will never forgive myself for it.

*Cassie's POV*

I rolled around in bed, unable to sleep without writing in my diary. Furthermore, I was skeptical about Ash having my diary. He might as well read it. Right? He's practically heartless. Even if he has a heart, it would be made of ice. 'Okay, okay, Cassie, just because your diary is with him doesn't mean you can judge him,' my mind said to me. That's true.

Ugh, this is so frustrating! I need my diary back now! I plugged in earbuds and played Stay With Me by Sam Smith. It wasn't punk rock, but I hoped it would lull me to sleep.

No one can know what happened. Only mom knows, and it should stay that way. The incident was a horrible memory for me. I wasn't my fault, yet I blamed myself for it everyday. To me, it was in fact, my fault. It shouldn't have happened. It wouldn't have happened if it was for me. I will never forgive myself for it.

>><<

A/N: Vote and comment guys!! You're all amazing:) Thanks for reading! Have a nice day.

Edited as of: 23/09/14