Epilogue

[dedicated to Bitter-Swxxt-Dream for the beautiful cover attached <3]

Epilogue

*10 years later*

Today was Ash's 10th death anniversary. Even after I've moved on, got a really sweet, charming guy by my side now, I still visit Ash's grave with Vanessa. Even though he was gone, I still love him. He was my first love, and those are hard to forget. Victor doesn't mind. I've explained to him what had happened before getting married. He was okay with it. Vanessa and I are like sisters now. She's grown to a really pretty teenager. Victor knew how important Ash is to me, so he didn't mind. He was understanding anyways, which was really great.

Vanessa now has really pretty blonde hair, and she has an amazing figure. Her eyes sparkled in the sun, and her smile was simply dazzling. She had a nice fashion sense too, and she was social, so I guess that's good. She wasn't a slut though, because she wore decent clothing: band tees, flannels, jeans, shorts, rompers and sneakers so I trusted her enough. Surely, all the boys in her school are definitely going to drool over her. Like I was going to let them though, because no one, and I mean no one, should ever break her heart again.

Victor is this amazing. He's a lawyer, and doesn't work unless he has a case. His working hours sometimes aren't regular, but we make it work. He has blonde hair, amazing blu-ish green eyes, which were mesmerising, and a masculine body. He had a warm heart, a smile that sent shivers down my spine, and made my head go dizzy.

"do you think Ash is watching over us?" Vanessa wondered.

"definitely," I smiled.

"hey Ash," I sat to the grave, sitting down in front of him.

"hey big bro" Vanessa smiled.

I laid the bouquet of roses onto his grave and smiled. Again, a little butterfly comes along, and it could've been either Ash or dad. Ash's grave was beside dad's. Since both of them died on the same dad, but different years, and I loved them both, I asked if Ash could be put beside dad. His parents decided to, because of my requests.

"school's fine, but I miss you" Vanessa said.

"me too. And I hope you're oaky with me and Victor" I smiled.

I remember his funeral, I never had my speech. I was so heart-broken, I couldn't talk in front of all Ash's family members, as I'd break down. Ash's parents had asked if I could, but I apologised. I couldn't trust myself in talking about Ash without bawling my eyes out. They understood what I was trying to say, so they didn't ask me any further. Though I didn't speak in front of the crowd, I did talk to Ash, alone, after the funeral.

*flashback to the funeral*

"I hate you Ash, I really do. You can't do this to me okay? You can't die on the same date as my dad died, you can't ask me to be your girlfriend and then leave forever, how could you?!" I sobbed into my sweater, sitting on the grass.

I stared and cried, stated and cried, and stared. For ages, I just stared. My eyes were pretty much bloodshot by the time the day was ending. But all I did was sit there.

I remembered his smile, his smirk, the way his hair was perfectly brown, his eyes being the more dazzling orbs ever, his style, his face, but most importantly, his smile. They were able to put me into a trance, that's for sure. I missed every part of him. I hated him for saving me, I hated him for leaving, I hated him for lying, yet, I still loved him.

He was gone too soon.

He actually put my life before his, taking an actual hit for me. For that, I'll always be grateful. I will never forget Ash Anderson. I will never forget how he made my stomach twist into knots when he smiled at me, I will never forget how his lips felt on mine, I will never forget how he felt so warm when he touched my skin. I will never, ever, ever forget my hero, Ash Anderson.

"I will always remember you, okay? And I hope wherever you are, that you know I never regretted swapping diaries with you, okay? because without that, we would have never met. But I question myself sometimes, because if we have never met, you wouldn't be dead. Just remember, I will always miss you and love you Ash. Always" my voice cracked, and I stood up, ready to leave.

Taking a deep breath, I walked out of the cemetery. I told myself, I will move on, but I will always remember the day he saved my life, the way he pushed me away, the way he coughed in pain, and the few words he had said to me before going away.

I will always remember Ash Anderson.

*end of flashback*

"maybe, he's an angel in heaven," Vanessa said to me.

"maybe," I smiled at her.

Of course he was an angel. He may have been tough on the outside when he was still alive, but he was a sweetheart on the inside. He was an angel to me at least.

"you never told me how you guys met... can you share your story?" Vanessa asked.

I glanced at Ash's grave and smiled, "well," I took a deep breath, "it all started with the diary swap."

THE END

>><<

A/N: hope you guys have enjoyed the journey of reading The Diary Swap!! you guys are so amazing, thank you for reading:) till next time,

turquoiserainbows:)