Chapter 2

Chapter 2: a nobody

I woke up and groaned. My eyes were still shut, scared of the sunlight that may burn my eyes. I was like a vampire. The only thing that actually motivated me to get my ass out of my bed was my diary. I needed it back. I couldn't sleep the whole night because of that damn thing and I had one of those sleeps where I was only able to sleep like 2 hours before I had to wake up.

After going through my morning routine, I pulled on a black Arctic Monkey hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans. I let my brown hair flow down below my chest and wore a pair of mint green Chuck Taylor's. They added a little colour to my plain outfit. Okay, they're Converse but Chuck Taylor's is a way cooler way to call Converses. They weren't high top Converse, so my anklet, that was the last thing dad had given me after the incident, peaked through under my cuffed dark wash jeans.

"morning mom," I yawned.

"hi honey, I've got pancakes," she smiled.

"thanks," I said as I sat at the counter.

"sleep well?" she joked.

"you have no idea,"

"why?"

"my diary and someone's diary have been swapped," I said, shaking my head.

"did you read into it?" she asked.

"no, of course not!"

Does she have that little faith in me? Ouch.

"good," she nodded.

"it's frustrating! my life is in it mom!" I exclaimed.

"you'll get it back," she smiled.

"hope so," I muttered, finishing up the rest of my pancakes.

"be safe!" mom called as I walked out of the house to get to my Ford.

Yes, the outcast has a car. It sucks sometimes though. Having to walked through the parking lot passing by little cliques while I'm just the random loner with earbuds plugged in. I played the Sleeping With Sirens playlist and started the car, driving to school. I made sure to tone down the volume when I was nearing school. The students would just think I was trying to get attention, which was far from what I want.

I switched from my speakers to my iPhone earphones and walked out of the car, locking it after. This time, however, I switched from Sleeping With Sirens to Panic! At The Disco's Hurricane.

~~~

Before Literature, I stopped by my locker to take my notes. I bobbed my head to the blasting Sugar We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy and took my notebook out. Just as I was about to close it, it was slammed shut. By who? Only the one and only, Ash.

"what?" I asked, taking out my earphones.

"are you Cassie?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"no, I'm Eissac" I deadpanned.

-A/N: that's pronounced Issac to me, somehow haha. continue reading!-

It took him a while to figure it out, while I just took there biting my lip to prevent myself from bursting out in laughter.

"whatever," he covered, cheeks a little pink, "it's not like I know you right? you're a nobody" he stated.

That hurt. No one has actually called me a nobody. I've never been called a nobody before. That's the thing about being an outcast in my school, we're basically invisible. We don't get called names unlike the nerds, we're simply invisible, which I think is way better than being bullied. People just leave me alone, but here I am now, talking to the school's bad boy, and a few words after, I'm already feeling hurt. He is mean after all.

People started to look at us, probably gossiping about how the bad boy is talking to a what he calls, a nobody.

"my diary?" I asked, holding my hand out.

"mine too" he said, mimicking my actions.

He held out mine diary in his other hand while I searched my bag. After a while, I couldn't find it. Where was it? Shit! I must have forgotten to put it in my bag! Can you blame me though? Ash having my stupid diary made me stay wide awake last night and in the morning I was dead tired. Yet, I was sleepless because of the damn diary but here I am, forgetting his.

"um, I left it at home. but I can pass it to you tomorrow?" I said, but it came out as a question.

He stiffened then covered it up with a smirk.

"well, looks like I'm keeping yours for one more day"

"no! no you can't do that! I need mine!" I exclaimed, causing more people to look.

"I need mine too, but it wouldn't be fair if you had yours first right?" he smirked.

"it is fair!" I argued.

it honestly wasn't. What he said made sense, but I wan- no, I need my diary back!

"you and I know it's not"

"ugh! fine okay!" I groaned, frustrated.

"tomorrow" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"yeah, whatever. did you read into mine?" he asked skeptical.

"because I'm that mean," I rolled my eyes, "no you idiot"

I froze. I'm talking to a bad boy here, but yet, I'm talking to him like he's a 'friend'. Good joke Cassie. It's not like he'd hurt me right? because if he hurt girls then that's just wrong. Guys shouldn't hit girls right? Especially not if they were known for beating people up.

"what did you just call me?" he smirked, taking a step closer to me.

"nothing," I gulped, talking a step back.

Cassie! Don't let him win. He's mean and nasty, and you're a sweet little girl -okay not really- but yeah c'mon! my mind said to me.

"thought so" he said.

~~~

I stared at the stupid thing. At his stupid thing. Why did I forget to bring it? Why was I so tired and forgot to bring it? Oh right, because of my stupid thing.

Currently, I was watching The Giver while by my window. The movie was absolutely amazing, but I couldn't concentrate because my diary was in my mind the whole damn time.

I paused the movie and made sure to put Ash's diary into my bag and went back to watch the movie.

I have to admit, the little black book was urging for me to read it. But I couldn't, I wouldn't. It's wrong. I don't think Ash would read it. Or at least I hope. He may be a bad boy, but maybe he's been hurt really badly before, so maybe he build a wall? Okay, I trust him enough. Why though? I mean I've known his for like only three days maybe? These thoughts are coming out as questions in my mind instead. Somehow, I still do trust him.

Look who has a crush.

Me? crush on Ash? Pfft, good one mind.

You're in denial dude.

Don't dude me, mind. I. Do. Not. Have. A. Crush. On. Ash!

*Ash's POV*

How could she forget to bring my diary? did she lose it? That's impossible, she doesn't look like those who would lose things easily. Then again, I can't judge her.

She's cute though. She doesn't mind calling me 'idiot' or being sarcastic to me. Yet, when I go all intimidating, she gets scared. That's cute.

I stared at the black diary. I was tempted to read it of course. But it was wrong. I was pretty sure Cassie wouldn't read it, she didn't seem like the type to lie. Sarcastic maybe, but probably won't lie. Then again, that may be a goodie two shoe act. I trust her enough to not read my diary. I've only known her for a few days, why am I trusting her.

You like her.

I do not!

You're in denial.

Shut the hell up mind.

Your wish is my command.

>><<

A/N: please vote guys!! hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and tell me what you think in the comments!:)