Chapter 6

Chapter 6: whispers aroused

"I'm coming!" I yelled as the door bell continued to ring. I cursed under my breath and wondered where mom was to answer the door.

It was Monday. And I was very excited to go to school, but someone who's at the door is irritating me to death, but the worse was because I was trying to get get over the stupid cramp I was having in my lower abdomen. It hurt like a bitch and I was trying not to walk around as much. It was like someone was bouncing on my lower abdomen. Typical time of the months. I groaned as the doorbell wouldn't stop going off.

"what?!" I shouted at the person, but then stopped short when I realised it was Ash.

"sorry," I mumbled.

"woah, good morning to you too, sunshine" he said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, you were irritating though"

"I know," he grinned.

What was he doing here? Wasn't he suppose to be on the way to school or something, just like I was. Well, obviously he's not because he's here with me.

"c'mon, let's go" he gestured to his motorcycle.

Typical.

"no." I shook my head vigorously.

"why not?"

"i might fall!" I exclaimed.

"I won't let that happen."

I wanted to smile at that, to hug him for saying that, to hide the blush that was creeping up into my cheeks. He's becoming sweeter and sweeter now. And I don't know why. Or maybe he was always sweet but I never realised it. Now with this stupid 'crush', it's even worse.

I took a deep breath, and sighed, "okay, fine, but that'll mean you're my ride home too"

"wouldn't have it any other way"

I stepped out of the house and yelled "bye mom!" wherever she was in the house. Locking the door behind me, I followed Ash and put the keys in my bag. I noticed what he wore. The usual; black vans, dark wash jeans and a nirvana shirt. His leather jacket was probably in the back compartment of the bike. I never knew what that was called, and I didn't bother asking, I wasn't into motorcycles.

I got on and held his torso tight. I didn't want to ever let go then, mostly because his skin felt do warm under my hands. Even through his shirt.

"you're going to crush me," he joked.

"I'm sorry, first time"

He started the engine, and that was it. The wind brushed past my face, some of the hair that peaked out of the helmet flew into my face. It wasn't scary, except for the first ten seconds or so, then it was exhilarating. The images of the roads and trees and houses went by so fast, like they were blurred and faded. It was sort of peaceful. I loosened my grip around Ash's torso just because I felt like I was holding him too hard, but I didn't let go. I didn't want to let go, even though I had the urge to put my hands up in the air. I debated on that and thought that it wasn't a good idea, I could fall sideways and hit my head on the concrete gravel road. That would be depressing though, to die in a car accident, because it was the same way dad died.

The school finally came to view and he slowed to a stop. The students started looking. Then whispers aroused as I got off the motorcycle and took off the helmet. They started gossiping and stuff like that. I never though about it though, but now, it was bad. I was used to being the invisible shy girl that walked around, but now, Im here with the bad boy, and I just rode on his motorcycle.

I tried my best to ignore them but their 'whispers' were not exactly 'whispers'. They were loud enough for me to hear when I walked past them.

"just ignore them," Ash encouraged.

"oh, trust me, I am trying" I rolled my eyes.

"they'll get over it"

"yeah, probably in like a week!"

We walked into class, since we had it together and more people gossiped as we talked and entered. Some girls were glaring, some were just raising eyebrows while the others just looked bored. I walked to my seat while Ash walked to his. Now, I was kinda wishing he sat beside me, because I sit beside a nerd, and we never talk. I kept someone's eyes burning a hole into my back. It was that uncomfortable feeling when someone's just staring at you. I felt uneasy, then turned around to see who it was.

I looked around the classroom, until my eyes landed on him. He was the one. He was staring at me somehow, or maybe he was just day dreaming. He couldn't have been, because when our eyes locked, he flashed me a smile.

That made my heart flutter, and my stomach bursted into a million fireworks. I went giddy and from then, I knew. I had a crush on Ash. And I wasn't going to deny it anymore, because now I knew that I was crushing on him. His eyes were a marvellous sparkling dark brown, and they were staring into mine. It was like only both of us were in the room, everyone was just invisible. I secretly hoped that no one would notice though, because that'd cause more whispers that would arouse. I blushed and gave him a small smile, looking back to the front. I found it hard to stop smiling then, like I was frozen with a smile. I bit my lips to prevent people thinking that we were a weirdo. I just couldn't stop smiling.

I zoned out when the teacher started to teach and doodled on my notebook. I was doodling mindlessly. When the bell rang, I finally took a good look at my notebook. I drew on some bands names and their logos-decorating them randomly, as well as some lyrics from different songs, but there was one thing that caught my eye, and I never knew I wrote that on-Ash.

Yeap, okay, now I wasn't only crushing on Ash, but I was also a little creep.

~~~

"ready to go?" Ash asked as he appeared behind me.

School was finally over. My lower abdomen was seriously hurting like a little pain in the arse and I couldn't wait to get home. I wanted to lie in bed and watch a movie or something, with a hot towel that I'd lay on my lower abdomen so that it'll ease the pain. Mom thought me that when I first got my period, and I was thankful for it, because it seriously hurt.

"yeah!"

"okay, let's go"

The ride back home was almost the same as the ride from home. The little tingles still appears when I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"see you tomorrow!" I said.

Somehow, I had gained enough courage to say that, and he nodded, which I was thankful for. It would've been so embarrassing if he said something that meant he didn't want to talk to me or see me tomorrow. That would've hurt me deep as well. Thinking about it is already making me feel a little sad. Ugh, mood swings.

"bye," he said, then hesitated a little, then kissed my cheek, and drove off.

I stood there, frozen to the spot. I touched my cheeks and it felt so warm. His lips, were on my cheek! He actually gave me a kiss! I wanted to do a happy dance right now, but with all the electricity running through my veins and the pain in my abdomen, I postponed it. I was still dumbfounded about the fact that he had kissed me. Even if it was on the cheek, it made my heart pound hard in my chest, like it was going to soar out in happiness, if that even made sense. My stomach was tied in knots, and that was the good kind. Was there a good kind? I don't know but Ash just kissed my cheek! My cheeks started to ache from the big smile that was plastered on my face, but I couldn't stop. I couldn't get over the fact that he kissed my cheek. Oh my, I definitely do have a crush on Ash Anderson.

>><<