01

𝒯he sun was glaring down at the busy city of New York, the sound of giggling ladies and young, enthusiastic, strong hearted soldiers filled the buzzing streets of Brooklyn

The ladies walked in groups, eyeing up the young enlisted soldiers, ready to fight the war for their homes, their loved ones. Mothers were keeping a watchful eye out for their sons and husbands, brothers and fathers. Secretly hoping their loved ones would somehow not be enlisted.

The men were hot-blooded, young and filled with the dream of being heroes. There was a romantic undertone to war and the stories of bloody battles and tragic love stories.

In the mists of it all, was a small, young man by the name of Steve Rogers pushing his way through the tall soon-to-be-soldiers. His hair was golden like the sun and his eyes were filled with determination. Every time he had offered his name, he had been turned down. He was a small, weak and sickly young man. No doctor had given him an allowance. Despite all the hardships, Steve Rogers was not giving up. It was his destiny, and he felt it in his tiny bones and weakly beating heart.

What Steve was not thinking about, was the reckless, fifteen years old he had left behind in his journey to became a soldier.

William Rogers was roughly almost ten years younger than his stubborn older brother. Despite the age differences, Will had gotten a tall built from their father, Joseph. And because of that, he had already grown a little taller than Steve, which was frustrating the older sibling just lightly.

As much as William tried to tag along, Steve and Bucky were always shrugging him off, leaving the young Rogers often alone. It didn't really make him sad, however, it did give him a lot of bad ideas. After all, how could a young, teenage boy keep out of trouble, especially when he is alone?

As much as Williams mother had taught him to be a gentleman, the boy just ended up as another street rat.

William easily dodged through the crowds, his pearly whites flashing like a thousand bucks. His blue eyes glistened like the sun mirroring against a deep blue lake, his hair the color of ripe crops messily falling over his golden brows. Some lone freckles were splattered over his sun-kissed cheeks like lonesome stars covering the sky. The young lad would have looked handsome if it weren't for the dirt and grime that hid the youth under itself.

His brown trousers had tears and grass smudges on them, he had snatched them from his fathers closet a long long time ago, realizing the fact that Joseph was never going to wear those again. They were held up by worn out suspenders, of course, Will would have preferred if it were a belt, since it was more fashionable but he barely had a penny on him. His white shirt wasn't really that white anymore, more like faded yellow by all the washing it had gotten.

"Rosa! Wait up!" he called out to the young girl walking in the distance.

Rosalinda Carter had been in Williams mind since he had first laid his blue orbs upon her. He had thought she was an angel. Her eyes were the prettiest shade of golden brown and her hair was the colour of the sun. In Williams' eyes, no girl would ever be match to Rosalinda's eternal beauty. Unlike his brother, Will was a lot more talkative.