33

He woke up with a gasp, cold water soaking his golden hair, dripping down his chin and running down his shoulders and chest as he coughed, startled by the freezing temperature of the icy water

He breathed heavily, immediately yanking at the ropes that held his hands tightly together. He cried out in pain, pain flaring through his aching shoulder, almost as if someone had reopened an old wound and thrown salt over it. His hand shook due to the pain, making him hesitantly look over, his skin was raw, red and damaged, burnt. But someone had applied some sort of medicine on it.

He pushed himself up, closer to the wall and the end of the chains that had been attached to the stone wall. It was a room, a cell of some kind. He jiggled with the chains, trying to get them to come loose somehow. He gritted his teeth, trying to get the feeling back into his hands and legs. He snapped his head towards the door and pushed his back against the wall when the door opened, making him miss the weight of the rifle on his back.

He was met with two German guards who both had weapons pointed at him, and Will knew for a fact he had never seen these kinds of guns. Between them was an equally tall, but lanky man. A cold shudder ran down his back as he identified him as a doctor.

"Guten Abend, bist du ausgeruht?" the doctor asked, eyes keenly on William.

He didn't answer, thinking it was better to play mute. "Are you well rested?" the doctor asked in perfect English, if Will didn't know better, he would have thought the doctor was American. He blinked, cursing himself as he had accidentally raised his eyebrows in surprise at the fluency of the man's English.

At Williams silence, the doctor nodded and waved one of the guards glaring at Will to step forward. The boys back hit the wall, the back of his head smacking against it as he tried to keep distance between himself and the approaching guard. The man grabbed his wrist tightly, unlocking the chain from the wall, but Will was way too panicked to keep his focus on the man, he was keenly looking the other guard who was standing between the dua and the doctor, pointing a gun towards William.

He was shoved out of the cell, carefully being monitored as he was being led down a hall. The hairs on his hands raised as the air got colder, making his breathing heavier as he realized they were heading deep underground.

He looked at the guard on his left, eyeing him from the corner of his eyes. His eyes ran over his attire and the gun he was gripping with white knuckles. His blue eyes flickered to left, at the other guard, realizing the gun was loose in his hands. The doctor was quiet as he led them through the corridors.
Swiftly, William took a step back, swirling so that he had managed to slip himself between the guard on his left and the wall, all this within a blink of an eye.

His hands went over the guards head, locking the cuffs still attached on his wrist, around the guard's neck. He tightened his hold, the guard choking as he was pulled back slightly, making the guard a human shield for William as he heard a loud bang, ducking his head as the wall behind him became splattered with blood and the guard became limp in his arms. He pushed the dead man off him, towards the second guard.