15

ATTENTION:
DARK SCENE IN THE END.
if anything close to death can trigger you, please don't read this chapter.
I care.

He sat up, his hands clasped behind his head as he let out a sigh of frustration

He sat up, his hands clasped behind his head as he let out a sigh of frustration. And then, he let himself drop back onto the grass in fatigue. Again, he took a deep breath in, gritting his teeth together he sat up again. “Even my grandmother can do more then you group of damsels!” Adamson yelled, and it didn't go unnoticed that today, the man was more agitated then usually. With a hiss, Will dropped back into the dampened grass, relaxing his muscles just for second, only to sit back up.

“Attention!” the group scrambled up, everyone were still as statues, their faces red and sweat rolling down their backs. There was a woman standing next to Adamson, she was breathtaking, but too old for William. No one said anything as she walked down the line, wearing uniform meant for women. “Stand at Ease. I am agent Carter, and I am taking over Warrant Adamsons place for the next five days to make sure you are in top shape. We have a lot to do, so I suggest you have a good rest today.” she said, to Williams surprise, she was British and immediately he was caught off guard by flashbacks.

He wondered how Rosa was doing, most likely, she was sucked into another library.

“Dismissed.” she said, Will could see that Adamson wasn't pleased with her decision to let the unit get off the hook so early. His eyes landed on William who simply looked at him smugly. “Rogers, walk with me.” Will tensed up, looking like deer on headlights as Agent Carter's dark eyes landed on him.

Did she know her? That must be Margaret Carter, Rosa's sister. It had to be. “Of course, ma'am.” he said, shaking the surprise off as he stepped next to Agent Carter, offering her his arm. He could see couple of confused glances from his team, but he ignored them. He was curious, but also quite scared. If she knew him, he was doomed.

Agent Carter's form was the same, bland dark color as the rest of them, but there was something about her that screamed independence and righteousness. The silence made him anxious, he was tense as he kept eyeing the woman. What could she possibly want with someone like William?

She stopped, glancing the distance between them and anyone in the hearing distance. “You can speak freely soldier, I was told that you'll be shipped off tomorrow morning, correct?” she asked, and William couldn't detect any emotion on her face, nor the dark eyes that were so familiar to Rosa's. He clasped his hands behind his back, standing a proper distance from her. “Yes, ma'am.” he had to squint his eyes a little because the sun was getting quite low already, making it shine into his sky blue orbs.

“Will Rogers, is it short for William?” two people had asked in such a short time. It made him gulp anxiously, but he shook his head in no. “No, William is my father, I am just Will.” that's a lie, I'm William, and my father was Joseph. “Do you happen to have any relations to Steven Grant Rogers?”