4 | Hailey

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 | 11:55 am

Both Ella and Mira had gotten consent from their parents to accept the mentorship with The Guild, and were expected to start today. They were headed down the streets of Manhattan to the office, Ella and Hailey walking side by side and Mira trailing a bit behind. She seemed nervous, but Hailey assumed it was because she didn't know her and Ella, or anyone else in the office for that matter.

She didn't want to bring any details about The Guild up in public, especially with so many people around, so she decided she'd leave it to their mentors to fill them in on how things typically went. She was excited to have new people her age around the office. The youngest working in Guild 2 were Ayana and Wolfe, but they were a few years ahead of her. Ayana was still a good friend, but Wolfe was especially hard to connect with. They both, from what Ayana told her, were apprentices at the same time. It made her wonder how everything was back then, when she wasn't the newcomer.

Before Mira and Ella were allowed up to the third floor, they had to get their IDs printed off. The receptionist, a nice man named Jack, took them to a back room to have their pictures taken and information filled out. The process only took about 15 minutes for the both of them, so Hailey decided that she'd just be a bit late to the office and wait for the two. If it were her, she would prefer someone familiar to wait to guide them up.

When the two girl came back out sporting new lanyards, Hailey smiled as she stood to greet them. "Looking good!" She commented, Ella chuckling and Mira smiling awkwardly, studying her new lanyard.

Hailey led the new apprentices to the elevator, pressing the third floor's button and waiting to be brought to her second home. When the doors opened, revealing a full office space, the trio was immediately greeted by a few hellos.

"Nice to see you three again!" Amos remained sitting at his desk, waving at Mira. "You can come right over here, Mira. We're going to do some team building by jumping right into work."

Hailey noticed that Wolfe was also seated by Amos, and she assumed that they must be jumping right into the kidnapping case.

"That's Mai, right over there." Hailey said to Ella, pointing out the woman at the back desk, waving to her new apprentice. She didn't look very welcoming, but Hailey knew better than to think that. She just hoped Ella caught on quickly too.

Contented that Ella and Mira were getting settled in, she left where she stood next to the elevator and sat in her chair opposite to Aldritch, who had been waiting for her.

"Good morning!" She greeted.

"Good morning to you as well, miss." Aldritch responded, seeming to be reading something on his computer. Him being the head of Guild 2, she knew he was awfully busy and received many emails and such. "I let Wolfe and Amos take over that kidnapping case for now, we've got something new that I thought you might enjoy."

"Quite a few members of Guild 5 have come down with something, so they asked if we could lend them a hand. Aldritch is sending you and I up there to help for the rest of the week." Looking up, Hailey saw that Ayana had come to join her.

"I have to stay here for obvious reasons, but I think you two would have fun being able to intermingle with some other colleagues. I've got paperwork to do, Mai and Ella are going to be busy for the next while, and I've seen one of the kidnapping suspects hanging around that cafe so those three will have their hands full for the next few days." Aldritch smiled and waved Hailey and Ayana off. "Now go on, they're waiting for you."

So the two friends retreated back to the elevator. Hailey had never met the people from Guild 5, and wondered how they'd be. When the elevator opened, the two girls were greeted with silence. That is, until, Hailey's eyes fell on a certain man who shared her same, disbelieving expression.